Like Vines, We Intertwine

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

(Ryan’sPOV)
I smiled at her as she approached me. She looked beautiful. Everything about her made me smile. She was the one for me.

“Hey.” She said softly.

“You ready?” I asked nervously as I reached out my hand to her.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She said as she grabbed my hand.

We both smiled at each other and walked towards the altar.

“we are gathered here today to join this man and woman in holy matrimony. Before we begin, I would like to ask this if there’s anyone who objects to this marriage of George Ryan Ross and Erelin Marie Deang.” The priest asked.

I looked at Erelin as she just smiled at me. We couldn’t keep our eyes off of each other.

“Ok, let us begin…”

All of sudden, the priest was cut off by a loud bang.

“Ryan!” a familiar voice said.

I looked over in the aisle to see the worst nightmare of my life. Charlotte ran over to me from the entrance of the church. I looked over at Erelin who had the biggest worried look on her face.

“What are you doing here? You were not invited.” I said harshly as she came up to me.

“Ryan, please don’t get married to her. I made the mistake I know. You’re marrying the wrong sister.” Charlotte pleaded.

“Get out of here, and stop ruining my wedding day. It’s bad enough you ruined my life already.” Erelin said angrily.

“Shut up. I wasn’t talking to you. Ryan…”

“I believe my future wife said to leave.” I said bluntly.

“Ryan, you can do so much better. I love you.”

“Leave now! That’s what you’re best known for. Leaving. So why don’t you just do that.” Erelin commanded.

“I am talking to Ryan.”

“Yea, during our wedding. He’ll take a rain check for 2050. Now if you excuse us, we were about to say our vows.” Erelin said as she walked off the altar and took her arm.

Erelin then dragged Charlotte towards the exit.

“Let go of me!” Charlotte said as Erelin continued to pull her towards the exit.

All of a sudden Charlotte tackled her to the ground and started hitting her.

“Get off of me! You’re ruining my dress!” Erelin yelled.

I ran over to her but couldn’t. It felt like I was being held back, but no one was doing it.

“Ryan!” Erelin yelled.

“Erelin!” I yelled back.

Everyone was looking at them, not stopping them. I tried moving but I couldn’t. Out of nowhere, Charlotte pulled out a pocket knife. My eyes widen as I tried even harder to reach them.

“Say goodbye to your precious love.” Charlotte said maliciously.

Erelin looked over at me and then at the knife as it slowly came down on her.

“NO!!!” I screamed.

I opened my eyes and sat up. Cold sweat was dripping down my face and chest. I looked over at Erelin as stured awake. She had rested her head and arm around me. When I sat up, I guess I woke her up as well.

“Ryan?” She said as she sat up rubbing her eyes, clutching the blanket to cover her naked body.

It was all just a dream. Nothing more.

“Are you ok?” She asked as she looked at me.

I looked at her as her big, tired, brown eyes looked up at me.

“Yea… just a bad dream.” I said.

“Oh, what was it about? Maybe if you told me, you’ll feel much better.” Erelin said.

“Nothing to worry about. I’m fine.” I said.

“Are you sure?”

“Yea… Come on, let’s go back to sleep.” I said as I lied back.

“Ok…” She said as she cuddled up next to me.

She put her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her. I grabbed her left hand that was resting on my chest and played with the ring that I had given her hours before on her finger.

“Sweet dreams, my future wife.” I said as I kissed her on her forehead.

“Good night, my future husband.” she said as she snuggled closer to me.

Minutes later, I heard her breathing into a deep sleep. I continued to listen to her. There was no way I was going to lose her. No one’s going to stop us.