Like Vines, We Intertwine

Family Reunion

(Ryan’s POV)
My eyes widen in fear as I saw Charlotte standing there, looking like a terrible mess. It looked like she was drunk too. What am I saying? She didn’t look it. She was drunk. I know that stance from a mile away. I felt Erelin’s grip on my hand go tighter.

“I would like to congratulate my dear sister who stole my boyfriend away from. Goes to show how much sisterly love goes around in this place huh.” She slurred.

“I would also like to congratulate Ryan for marrying into a messed up family like mine. He’s gonna have the time of his…”

Out of nowhere, Erelin and Amanda both attacked Charlotte. I didn’t even noticed that Erelin had left my side. I was in shock that Charlotte had come and ruined our wedding. She is the one who ruined it in the first place. If she hadn’t cheated, we would still be together. Either way, I think I made the right decision in choosing the right sister.

I watched as Amanda held Charlotte back as Erelin took the mic away from her. I got up along with Pete and walked over to the girls. Amanda then dragged her outside to the lobby, away from the reception area. As the finally settled into the lobby, we approached them as Erelin slapped Charlotte across the face.

“How dare you come to my wedding uninvited and ruin it!? How many times do we have to make it clear to you. Ryan choose me. You’re the one who fucked up your relationship with him. I love Ryan and he loves me.” Erelin said.

“Let go of me.” Charlotte said as she wiggled out of Amanda’s grip.

“Get out…” Erelin said.

“No. I told you Ryan that I would find some way to get back with you. There is no way you two will survive.”

“How dare you say that to me! I love Erelin with all my heart. Yea we had a shaky start, and you know why? It was because of you. You always find some way to ruin our lives. And look at us now. We’re still standing here. You keep firing your shit at us, and we haven’t been brought down. There is no possible way you can stop us from loving each other…”

“Yes… yes there is.” Charlotte said as she pulled out a pocket knife.

“Charlotte… is that you?”

I turned around to see Mr. Deang walking towards us.

“Dad?”

“What are you doing here?? Where have you been? We’ve been worried sick…”

“Dad… she’s been living in Vegas. She…”

“You knew this and didn’t tell me?” he said cutting Erelin off.

“Dad, she’s ruining my wedding. She dated Ryan before, but cheated on him. Now she wants him back, and we’re already married!”

“I met him first…”

“But she didn’t hurt me.”

“Charlotte, why are you holding a pocket knife… You weren’t going to hurt you sister again were you?”

“Hurt??” I asked as I looked at Erelin.

“She use to come home drunk, and I would take care of her. I would try and cover up for her but my dad knew well. She would get annoyed and hit me.” Erelin said quietly.

I had had enough. No one ruins the lives of the people I love. Charlotte took it too far.

“Leave now before I call security. You have ruined our wedding. You have ruined my sister and brother in law’s wedding. You have ruined your own life, and you are trying cover it up by making us miserable. Just leave.” I commanded.

Everyone looked at Charlotte who was in shocked at what I had said to her. She looked hurt.

“This is the last time you will ever hear from me again.” Charlotte said to Mr. Deang and Erelin.

With that she turned around doing what she always knew how to do best. She walked away from our lives forever, leaving us confused, angry, and happy at the same time.