Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Maid Of Honor.

Harlow stopped, her eyes going wide as Zack nearly walked into her. Zack too stopped, glancing into the window. But he felt his self rolling his eyes because staring back at him, were wedding gowns. "Zack can we please go in?" she squealed excitedly, but he grabbed her arm pulling her.

"Harlow were going to be late for lunch," he huffed. She glared at him. "maybe later okay? You know Chelle goes crazy when people are late..." she rolled her eyes, finally giving in.

"Fine, but you're bringing me back later..."

Everyone had decided to get together for a group lunch, since Harlow had returned form Paris last night. All the girls wanted the details, while all the boys were busy scheming a plan.

Zack opened the door for Harlow letting her walk in in front of him, he followed her through the barren restaurant, it was 11:00 AM on a Monday, everyone was at work. But the restaurant filled with screams as Val and Michelle enveloped her in a massive girl hug as the three of them began to jump up and down, their arms wrapped around each other.

"Let me see it!" Val cried excitedly as she grabbed Harlow's hand. "Its beautiful!"

"Oh my God," Michelle chorused as the girls took a seat. "we have so much to get done in eleven weeks..." she pondered, "flowers, dresses, a venue, the reception, food, guests, invitations, the list goes on and on..." Zack was resisting every urge to break the strict restaurant rules of not smoking.

"So, who's going to be the maid of honor?" Michelle asked as the waiter stood in an attempt to take drink orders.

"Actually," Harlow said softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I know this isn't traditional or anything..." she spoke gently turning to Zack, "but you've been by my side for eighteen years, and you're my best friend..." everyone's eyes went wide, they suddenly had a pretty god idea of what was going to happen, "Zack I want you to do it..." all the color drained from his face,

"Does he have to wear a dress?" Harlow glared at Brian, clearly unamused,

"No Brian," she turned back to Zack taking his hand in hers. "please Zack...this day just wouldn't feel right without you," Zack thought for a second, but Harlow's big blue eyes glossed over.

"um," he stammered softly, "I uh..."

"I want you to walk me down the aisle..." she said softly, batting her wet eyes. He leaned over kissing Harlow's cheek softly.

"anything for you Har,"

"Wasn't this a movie?" Jimmy piqued quickly, the boys all cracked smiles, clearly holding back laughter.

"Oh yeah!" Michelle said seriously, not catching his sarcasm, "Made of honor! That one with Patrick Dempsy..."

"Doesn't he end up marrying the girl?" Matt asked seriously.

"Sure does!" Michelle pipped.

Zack couldn't believe it, this just kept getting worse and worse by the minute,

XXX

"You asked him to do what?" Kristi asked her older sister as the two sat at the kitchen table preparing their ice cream sundaes.

"To be my maid of honor," Harlow said softly scooping herself some of the vanilla almond coconut ice cream.

"Seriously?" Kristi mused. "Yo asked the father of your child to be your maid of honor," Harlow cringed at the thought. "do you realize how idiotic that makes you sound?"

"I know, I know..." Harlow groaned, "but Zack doesn't know so-"

"I hate to break it to you," Kristi said seriously, pushing her ice cream aside, "but Aaron and Zack look nothing alike, Zack has green eyes, Aaron has brown. Zack's hair is naturally dark brown, Aaron's is a cross between blonde and sandy brown, Zack is 5'11", Aaron is 6'5", and when that baby comes out with a tattoo sleeve and a Jack Daniels shirt, you are fucked," Harlow took her head in her hands.

"I know, I know..." Harlow groaned.

"Speaking of Zack, where is he anyways?"

"He went to the Angel's game with his dad and brother," she said softly, poking at her ice cream, "Kristi what am I going to do?"

"Honestly?" Harlow knew she was about to get a morally right, honesty answer, and she knew she probably wasn't going to like it. "Tell him Harlow, this is his baby too..."

XXX

Zack stood up in his seat, pulling at his jersey. "Where ya' going son?" James asked his oldest boy over the cheers of the crowd.

"Get a hot dog, you want anything?"

"I'll take a fully loaded nacho," Zack nodded as he headed down the row, through the crowd of people and to the concession stand. But as he stood in line he noticed something hanging from the stand just across the way. He left his spot in line and approached the merch stand.

He stood staring, finally the gray haired man approached him. "Can I show you anything?"

"The uh," he thought for a moment, what were those things called? he had a niece and a nephew, he should have known, "the baby...thing?" the man half smiled.

"The onesie?" Zack nodded quickly. "What size?"

"Newborn," Zack mumbled as the man pulled one from the box, handing it too Zack.

It was white, his ran his finger over the red Angels logo on the front, and turned it over, it read Mommy's Best Catch and it had a baseball glove right on the butt.

"I'll take it," Zack said pulling his wallet from his jeans pocket.

"That'll be 30.00 even." Zack handed the man two twenty's.

"Keep the change dude,"

"Thanks man, enjoy the game." but Zack walked away holding the onesie, staring contently. It was so tiny, and suddenly his heart ached. He wanted so badly for this baby to be his.

Zack walked in the front door kicking off his shoes. It was long past 10:00 PM. The game had went into an extra inning. "Harlow!" he called through the house, but he spotted an excited Ichabod from the top of the stairs.

"Up here!" she called walking out of her room leaning on the banister, "How was the game?" she asked as he walked up the stairs. He smiled, the shirt she was wearing made her look pregnant, you could almost notice the bump.

"Great, Angels won," he said kissing her on the cheek. "I got you something," she smiled, furrowing her brows.

"I already have like a million Angel's shirt-" but she stopped, tears filling the corners of her eyes as he proudly held up a onesie. "oh Zack..." she sniffed, hesitantly taking it from him.

Maybe she was making a mistake after all...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah.
Avoiding homework.
You guys win.
Comment?
Thanks for reading :)