Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

I Do(nt).

Chloe, Val, Michelle, Lacey, Kristi, Zina, Maria and Mary all sat around in the tiny boutique, sipping on the champagne as they waited for Harlow to try on her first dress.

"So tell me about the bride," the blonde consultant they had been told to call Rachel asked as she took a seat with them.

"Well," Mary began glancing around, "obviously her name is Harlow, she's 26, shes a lawyer, I am her mother Mary," she motioned around the room introducing everyone, and their importance to Harlow.

"How did he purpose?" Rachel asked.

"In Paris," Chloe said simply, "its her favorite city," Rachel clasped her hands together offering a disgustingly long 'awwwww'.

"How romantic! How long have they been together?"

"Five years," Chloe mumbled, the girl was kind of getting on every ones nerves.

"And shes pregnant right?" she continued on with her game of twenty questions. They all nodded together. "How far along?"

"Eighteen weeks today," Mary said, a smile suddenly gracing its way across her face.

"And which one of you is going to be the maid of honor?" Mary smiled, glancing at the door.

"He should be here soon, he had a meeting with is record label," but the smile on Rachel's face dissipated with the blink of an eye.

"He?" she questioned, "Well that's not exactly...conventional..." Mary frowned.

"They've been best friends for eighteen years, they wouldn't have it any other way," Rachel remained silent, chewing gently on her lip. But they heard the bell over the door ding, they turned to find Zack wiping his shoes on the mat before waving with a tiny grin.

"Sorry I'm late, the meeting ran o-" he was suddenly lost for words when Harlow appeared from what seemed to be thin air, wrapped in a form fitting white gown that touched the floor. "Oh my God," he mumbled, dropping his cell phone, the 'thud!' it made startling everyone. His eyes went wide as he bent down picking up the phone shoving it into his pocket.

"Zack," Harlow mumbled softly as he walked over kissing her cheek, "you're here!" he grabbed her finger spinning her around, everyone else in the room seemed to disappear, "so?" she asked anxiously smoothing down the dress. "Like it? Hate it?" in complete honesty, his was the only opinion she cared about.

"you look perfect Har," he mumbled as if they were the only two in the room. But the consultant, Vivian, who had helped Harlow into the dress ran over covering Zack's eyes.

"The groom can't see the dress! Its bad luck!" Zack wasn't going to dare correct the woman, he liked the way that sounded, the groom.

"He's not the groom," Kristi huffed softly, her chin resting on her hand. "hes the maid of honor," Vivian just stared at him blankly as she let him go.

"Could have fooled me," she offered a sweet smile, "I know love when I see it," she pointed between Zack and Harlow, "and honey if you're marrying anyone other than him, you're marrying the wrong man," Zack could only smile as Harlow's cheeks flushed an intense shade of red.

"Can we...try on the next dress?" Harlow asked picking up the skirt, waddling back to the dressing room.

She changed into her next gown, holding it snug to her body as Vivian laced the back up.

"Do you love your groom?" she asked softly, Harlow's eyes welled with tears.

"I do," she mumbled softly.

"Do you love that man out there?" Vivian asked again, Harlow bit at her lip.

"I do, with every piece of my heart..." Harlow mentally slapped herself for saying that, especially to a stranger, "oh God," she mumbled slapping a hand over her mouth, "please, please don't say anything," Vivian looked over Harlow's shoulder, glancing at her in the mirror, but she let go of the ribbon and walked around, taking Harlow into a comforting hug, rubbing at her back.

"Your secret is safe with me sweetheart," the woman reached up wiping at Harlow's tears, "and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here," Harlow smiled, nodding softly.

"thank you..."

Harlow tried on six dresses, proclaiming that everyone made her look fat, however Zack loved each one more than the last. "well, I don't think I'm ready to commit yet..." Harlow said softly walking out of the dressing room in the pink sun dress she had arrived in. Mary nodded standing up.

"You don't have to chose today, we can always keep looking," they thanked the girls for their time and left the shop. "you ladies up for lunch? I'm buying?" everyone nodded excitedly.

"You guys go ahead, I think I'm just gonna head home with Zack, I'm pretty tired..."

"You sure?" Zack asked pulling his keys from his pocket, she just nodded. Harlow hugged everyone goodbye, promising to make up lunch another time, she was tired, they all understood. Zack opened the door to his red Dodge Challenger. They waived at all the girls as they drove away. "You okay?" Zack asked, rolling up the windows. Harlow just shrugged.

"I'm not so sure anymore..." she said softly, laying her head back on the seat, looking over at Zack.

"About?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"everything I guess..." she said simply, her tone said she was defeated, and she had been let down. Zack reached over, grabbing her hand.

"I understand, I'm in the same place right now," he said simply, she found solace in the idea that she wasn't alone.

"what do you have to be unsure about?"

"All this wedding talk, its making me think," he said honestly as he brought the car to a stop at the red light, "maybe I don't want to spend forever as a bachelor,"

"Zachary James Baker, thinking about marriage? I never thought I'd see the day!" she yelled dramatically, "I thought it was just a piece of paper, and an excuse to take half your shit," she said throwing her finger up in air quotes. He shrugged, "does this mean you're sorry you let Gena get away?"

"hell no," he answered without hesitation, "it means, when the girl comes along, I won't make her wait,"

"aww," she mocked sweetly, "my little boy is all grown up,"

"shut up you brat," she stuck her tongue out at him.

"I am so not a brat," he rolled his eyes letting out a chuckle.

"You're right, your a spoiled brat, but I love you just the way you are," a big smiled splayed across both their faces, "lets stop and pick up a quick lunch? Go home and have a movie date, what do you say?"

"sounds perfect,"

They stopped and picked up an order of burgers and fries and headed home. Harlow and Zack couldn't manage to keep their hands out of the bag, and had seemingly eaten all the fries by the time they pulled into the driveway.

"What the hell?" Zack mumbled noting the strange gun metal colored truck parked in the driveway. But Harlow's heart sank, she knew exactly where the truck had come from.

"Its Aaron," she mumbled softly pulling her sunglasses off laying them in her lap.

"How do you know?" she pointed to the side panel of the truck.

"See the big V?" Zack nodded, "Its what the guys get when they place first at the Vans triple crown...a custom truck..."

"what the hell is he doing home?" Harlow shrugged.

"I have no idea..."

They approached the house, Zack stuck his key in the door waiting to hear the tumbler click before he turned the knob pushing the door open. But what was waiting for them shocked them both.

Aaron was standing there, a nice pair of jeans, a dark gray button up and what looked to be at least two dozen red roses in his hand.

"Aaron?" Harlow almost questioned. He approached, handing her the roses.

"Hey beautiful," he mumbled kissing her roughly.

"What are you-" but before she could finish he got down on one knee, taking her hand in his.

"marry me," he stated more than asked.

"I already am-"

"No Harlow, marry me. Marry me this weekend..." Harlow's eyes went wide.

"are you serious?" he nodded. "Aaron that's like four days?"

"I know," he stood up taking her hands in his, "but I just can't wait. Marry me Harlow...say yes." but before Zack even had time to react Harlow was in Aaron's arms screaming 'yes!'

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Zack screamed, breaking up the love fest, "A week ago he had you crying because you're having a girl! And now your on the fast track down the aisle! What the fuck are you thinking?" Aaron just glared at Zack.

"You don't speak to her like that!" Aaron's voice boomed through the house. But Harlow stepped between the men who were damn near chest-to-chest.

"You two stop it! I am a grown woman, I can make my own decisions!" but they both watched as she ran upstairs crying.

What had they just done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe.
Oh && thanks for reading :))