Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Let Go.

Zack swung the bat with all his strength, sending the ball flying into the fence, making his band mates cower. "Jesus Christ dude! What did that ball ever do to you?" Brian snapped walking into the batting cage taking the bat from Zack before he could do any more damage. Zack took off his helmet throwing it letting it ricochet against the cage.

"Its just, this whole Harlow thing's got me so torn up," he groaned, rubbing at the back of his neck as Jimmy took the bat, entering the cage preparing to swing.

"Zack, man," Matt said dejectedly, "have you ever thought that maybe...maybe you should let her go?"

Zack's mind went reeling. Let her go? Give up? Just like that? Let Aaron win. Openly, and willingly let Aaron have the only woman Zack had ever been in love with? Well that was just the stupidest fucking thing he had ever heard.

"No," he said firmly, "and you wouldn't either if you felt this way about someone."

"Fair enough," Brian agreed, "but man, once shes married-"

"then I'll let it go..." Zack said softly, doing his damnedest not to cry. "I'll know that I have done everything in my power,"

"Zack I know it seems like a good idea now, but are you prepared to raise a child thats not yours?" Zack just nodded.

"I would do anything for Harlow...even raise a baby thats not mine."

XXX

Jen and Mary stood together in the large church sending the men with decorations every which way. This was the first time Aaron's parents had even attempted to make an appearance. But Harlow felt a gentle tap on her shoulder, she turned around to find Maria and James, a smile graced her plump pink lips for the first time that day.

"Hey princess," James mumbled softly hugging her tightly.

"Dad," she mumbled before kissing his cheek. "Mom," Maria pulled in in quickly, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"How about all this huh?" Maria asked looking around.

"its over whelming..." they both nodded.

"Understandable," Harlow and James took a seat in one of the rows while Maria went off to help Mary. James knew Harlow well enough to know there was more to it than that. "lay it on me kiddo," she looked up at him.

"between you and me?" he nodded.

"Our secret,"

"I don't feel like I'm doing the right thing..." James took her hand in his.

"Well, I can tell you how nervous I was on my wedding day. I can't however, tell you that I felt that way, because I didn't," she let out a deep breath.

"really?" he just nodded, "I just...I love Aaron but..."

"Harlow Cadence Kensington," he said sternly taking her face into his hands, "you listen to me. Are you listening?" she just nodded, "you are brilliant, you are beautiful, and you have a soul and a heart of gold, and you deserve someone who acknowledges that. You need someone who's going to love you at your best, and hold you at your weakest, someone who will thank God for every single day they wake up beside you..." Harlow's eyes filled with tears, "and if Aaron isn't that man? Well then I know a guy who would do just that for you," she knew he was talking about Zack, "so you promise me Harlow, that you will follow your heart, and not ever settle." Harlow just nodded as James too her into his arms.

XXX

Zack pulled up to the house, killing the ignition. He sat in his car, thinking about what Matt had said.

Maybe it was time to let go.

He had spent so much time chasing Harlow, so many years, so many broken hearts, so many one night stands.

It was time to call it all off.

It was then and there that Zack made the decision that he would hold Harlow's hand, he would love her from afar.

He remember something his mother had told him when he was younger, If you love something set it free if it comes back its yours if not it was never meant to be. He mumbled that to his self a few times.

He had made up his mind, it was time to set Harlow free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is short. Its that way for a reason.
IU am working on the next chapter now.
It will be out by the end of the day.
Thanks for reading :)

Question?
I am working on a new ZV story.
Anyone want to see a preview of it? If so I'll post a link in the next chapter.