Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Moment of Truth.

Zack let out an agonizing groan as he glanced at the alarm clock.

8:13 A.M.

The doorbell rang loudly again, chiming through the massive house. Ichabod's fuzzy head peered up over Harlow, he yawned only to snuggle closer to Harlow.

"I am so glad I didn't expect you to be a watch dog," Zack hissed at the dog, only for Harlow to giggle, "I'm glad you think its funny." Harlow rolled over, smiling softly.

Zack could almost feel his heart melt.

He reached down kissing her softly.

"Get the door and come back to bed..." Zack slung his feet over the side of the bed, shivers running up his sine as his feet hit the cold hardwood floor. He looked around spotting his boxers, pulling them on quickly, "oh and baby?" Harlow muttered sitting up in bed.

"Yeah?" he cooed lovingly.

"Will you make me a cup of tea?" she asked sweetly, batting her impossibly long eyelashes at Zack, knowing all to well he wouldn't say no. He just smiled shaking his head 'yes' softly as he walked over pecking Harlow on the lips.

The door bell rang again.

Zack let out a low groan, "Jesus Christ I'm coming," his feet heavily hit the steps as he quickly descended, running his hand through his unruly bed-hair before he grabbed for the door, pulling it open.

Standing in front of him was a man in a navy colored uniform, some random company name scrolled across his lapel.

"Hi, I'm with the hospital package service. I know I probably pulled you out of bed," Zack listened to his words as he stared at the sealed manilla envelope that he held so tightly.

His heart sank, he had a pretty damn good feeling as to what they were. And as much as he had waited for this moment, he had never really remembered being so nervous either. I mean, what if the baby wasn't his after all?

"Are you Mr.," the kid looked t the envelope, squinting quickly to read the name, "Zachary Baker?" Zack nodded as she kid presented his clipboard, "I just need you to sign here and then I'll get out of your hair, man."

Zack took the board,hastily scribbling as his palms began to sweat. The man handed out the envelope as Zack reached, grasping onto it as if his life depended on it. "thanks, man." Zack mumbled as he looked at the envelope, almost pleading with the inanimate object.

"Have a good day." the kid mumbled as Zack stepped into the house, softly shutting the door behind him.

This was is.
The moment of truth.

He climbed the stairs quickly.

Harlow was sitting up in bed waiting patiently for him to return, "what took you so lo-" but she stopped mid-sentence, "is that?" Zack just nodded, climbing into bed next to her. Zack sat silent for a moment, "Open it..." Harlow mumbled.

In her heart she knew this was Zack's baby, there had never been a single moment where she had believed otherwise, but the fact that the proof sat in front of them, in a sense she felt their lives would start after they were opened, and that thought...well that terrified her.

Zack grabbed at the end of the sealed tab, ripping it away from the envelope, he pulled out the papers and instantly began to scan over them.

Harlow watched as a smiled formed over Zack's red face, and tears began to form in the corners of his eyes, "what?" she asked softly.

"In the case of Baby Kensington, the DNA has gone on to reveal that the child has no matching sequences with the petitioner, Aaron M. Rathy. The child in question has found to be in complete match with Zachary J. Baker."

Zack dropped the papers onto the bed as he leaned in, moving the sheets away from Harlow's bare body to reveal her round belly only to press a soft kiss, "I knew it" Zack mumbled, laying his hand softly just under her bellybutton only to press another kiss. Harlow lovingly ran her hand through Zack's hair.

"Lets stay in bed all day..." Zack mumbled against Harlow's lips.

"I wish we could...but the baby shower is today...remember?" Zack let out a low groan.

Zack had showered, and spent a considerable amount of time on his hair, combing it back just the way Harlow had always loved. He had dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a button up shirt, completing his look with a black bow tie.

"You look handsome," Harlow commented as she walked out of the bathroom, body wrapped in a towel, her dark locks were in loose curls that cascaded over her shoulders, her eyes were done in a natural smokey pallet, her lips were a glossy pale pink.

Zack stood up from the bed, following Harlow into the closet, moving her hair so he could kiss the back of her neck before snaking his arms around her waist letting them land on her round belly, which her rubbed at lovingly, "thank you," he mumbled, kissing her again, "what are you wearing?"

"This," she mumbled, pulling out a short black sundress, "and this," she grabbed a bright magenta colored blazer from the closet, it had three-quarter length sleeves, "and these magnificent babies..." she smiled excitedly grabbing the brown box that read 'Christian Louboutin' he grabbed the box form her hands pulling the lid off, "I bought these after I found out it was a girl," she explained as he pulled the pale pink suede heels, they were categorized as 'sky high' because they were almost 4.8 inches. He couldn't help but crack a smile, "I bought these just for the shower..." she said sweetly, "zip me." she demanded as Zack sat the shoes down zipping her dress as she tied the bow that fell at the front of the dress, just at the side of her baby bump.

Zack's phone began to ring, he reached in his pocket, pulling it out., "It's mom..." he stated, sliding his finger across the screen.

He walked out of the closet as Harlow finished getting dressed. She slid her jacket on and the sat her shoes on the floor, contently slipping her foot into one shoe, and then the other. She walked over to the full length mirror, taking in her appearance before stroking at he protruding belly, "I cant wait to meet you baby girl..." she whispered softly. But through the reflection in the mirror she noticed Zack staring at her through the closet doors. She turned around offering him a smile.

"You look perfect..."

"Thank you..." she quipped, grabbing her black Michael Kors bag, "ready?" he just nodded as he reached out, taking her hand in his, interlocking their fingers.

"Mom needs us to stop at the grocery store and pick up a few bags of ice, and some ice cream to go with the cake..."

"okay,"

Zack parked the car, getting out to open Harlow's door.

Harlow quickly grabbed a shopping cart, "I'll go get the ice cream if you want to go pick up the ice? Zack just nodded as he kissed her quickly grabbing his self a shopping cart before taking off towards the ice.He opened the door to the coolers, noticing they only had small bags, he began grabbing them two at a time, he stopped, counting.

Six bag should be enough?

"Zack," the voice pulled him from his thoughts. He almost dreaded turning around. He knew who it was...

Taking a deep breath he turned around, "Gena..."

"Hey," she mumbles offering a smile as she tucked her hair behind her ears, she waited, but he didn't respond, "how are you?" Zack thought for a moment, he didn't owe this woman a moment of sympathy. So he decided to be honest.

"Amazing..." he thought of Harlow, and the baby, and the house...

"Really?" her smile kind of fell.

"Yeah really," he said, leaning against the cart, he could see Harlow pushing her cart towards him, "I'm getting married, I'll be a dad in less than two months, I just bought a new house. Life is amazing..."

"wow," she hesitated, "married?" he just nodded, "Hows uh...hows Harlow?" Zack smiled at the mention of her name, "Wow," Gena coughed out, "I haven't seen that smile in years..."

"Shes my everything, Gena..." he spoke honestly, Gena bit at her lip. Clearly that hadn't been what she wanted to hear. But Harlow cleared her throat.

Gena spun around getting a good look at Harlow.

"Hi Gena," Harlow spoke with a soft smile.

"Harlow..." Gena mumbled, looking her up and down.

"It was good seeing you Gena," Zack mumbled as he pushed his cart, Harlow following closely after.

"Bye Zack..."

"What was that all about?" Harlow asked as Zack loaded their things into the back seat.

"Nothing..." Zack answered honestly, kissing Harlow, "lets get to this shower, we have a little girl to celebrate."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here guys.
I promised two chapters.
I hope you liked them.

Thanks for reading <3
Comment && Subscribe?