Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Parenthood.

Harlow walked up onto the bus, pulling her phone from her pocket.

Eleven Unread Text Messages

Four Missed Calls

Two New Voice-mails

She hesitated, but finally swiped her finger across the screen, instead of reading on of the nine texts that were form Zack, she read the text message from Aaron's older brother, Andrew. She had texted him on her way out of the venue, telling him she may be coming to Utah.

She sat down, mentally preparing herself.

That's great Harlow! He will be so happy to see you. Hes awake! I'm so glad you feel the same way! All he ever talks about is getting back together...

Harlow took a deep breath as her heat sank. She quickly dialed Andrew. It only rang once before he picked up, "Harlow, Hey!"

"Andrew..." her breath hitched as she choked back a sob, "I don't want to get back together with Aaron...I want to make sure hes okay. I want to tell him how much I still care about him and most importantly, I owe him a goodbye...because Drew...I'm with Zack. And that's not going to change..."

She heard a loud sigh, "Harlow, listen-"

"Maybe I shouldn't come..." she said simply, but the more she thought about it...the more she knew that was true, "you know what? I can't do this. Please tell Aaron, I hope hes okay and I'm praying for his recovery and I'm so sorry things have to be like this..."

"Harlow, wait-" Andrew's voice called over the speaker, but she quickly hit the end button, tossing the phone down onto the table. She wiped at her eyes before leaning against the table, folding her arms over her chest.

"You did the right thing..." Val's voice cut through the silence. Harlow sniffed before looking up, Val walked over, taking her friend in her arms.

"I'm so scared..." Val only pulled her closer as Harlow cried into her shoulder.

"scared of what?" Val asked, genuinely interested in what she meant.

"what if I'm a terrible mom?" Val let out a half laugh pulling away from Harlow, looking directly into her eyes.

"Seriously?" Harlow could only manage a nod, "You're going to be an amazing mom..." Val lead Harlow over to the couch before she went searching through the cabinets, looking for what she would need to make Harlow a cup of tea, "I mean seriously, you've always been the one to take care of all of us. I mean hell, Matt would rather you take care of him than me..." Harlow choked back a laugh as she wiped at her eyes. "I couldn't picture anyone being a better mom than you..."

"You're just saying that..." Harlow mumbled. Val cocked her hip, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Uh no I'm not." Val hissed before pulling the boiling cup of water from the microwave.

"Val..." Harlow began.

"Yeah Har?"

"You really shouldn't heat, and especially try to boil water in the microwave the heat bubble can get trapped and when you go to stir it can explode and burn yo-" Harlow noticed the looking she was getting from Val before quickly going silent, "but if that's how you want to do it, then that's okay..." she offered a half smile.

Val placed the green tea bag into the water, sitting the cup in front of Harlow.

"Thanks..." she mumbled before slowly stirring the spoon.

"That's not all...is it?" Harlow glanced up, her eyes glassy as she shook her head 'no'.

"Zack..." She mumbled, tucking a strand of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear. Val raised an eyebrow.

"What about him?" Harlow glanced up, looking Val straight in the eye. It was rare to see Harlow this serious. It almost worried Val.

"What if he changes his mind?" Harlow spoke seriously, "What if I walked out on Aaron, only for Zack to walk out on me?" Val was shocked.

"You honestly think that's what I'm going to do?" Val and Harlow both froze as Zack's hurt voice cut through the silence.

They hadn't even heard him come on the bus.

"You think I waited this long, just to change my mind?" he asked, he was clearly hurt.

That much was undeniable.

"I know you think you've seen it all and that you've got it all figured out, but you weren't there watching my heart break every time you told that bastard you loved him. You don't know that I made things work with Gena because I knew you would never be mine. You weren't there when your mom told me you were pregnant, and you didn't see it destroy me. You never had to entertain the idea of raising a baby that wasn't yours, just so we could be together. You didn't lie to your niece and nephew about being the father because you thought if you said it enough it would be true. You haven't had to live with the guilt of taking you for granted. You haven't had to live knowing that God himself created someone just for you...but you were too damn stupid to ever act on it." Harlow stood up, placing her hands on either side of Zack's face, wiping his tears.

"You're right..." Harlow mumbled, "because God gave me you..." she mumbled softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on top of her head.

"You know we can do this right?" Zack asked, sniffing loudly. Harlow just nodded her head yes. He reached down grabbing her chin, making her look him directly in the eye, "and there is no one else in this world I would ever do this with."

"Oh God..." Zack and Harlow turned only to see Val crying. She began to fan her face with both hands, "you two are so perfect...its gross!" Zack and Harlow both laughed. But suddenly someone cleared their throat.

"I hate to interrupt..." Larry said cautiously, "but the crowds getting anxious..." Zack quickly kissed Harlow's forehead before wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Let's go, before they burn this place down..."

XXX

"Thirty-one weeks," the woman mumbled.

Yes they were on tour, but Dr. Shecklar had stressed the importance of her check-ups and had not only recommended doctors along the tour route, but had also scheduled her appointments. Today's doctor was located in Nevada. Today's woman was Dr. Allie Blankenship.

Zack sat on the stool beside her, hanging especially close since their thing last night.

"Thirty-one," she mumbled picking the measuring tape up off Harlow's exposed belly. "You're measuring perfectly..." the blonde mumbled, "judging from the ultrasound," she said pulling the pictures the ultrasound tech had taken just twenty minutes before out of the file, "she is growing beautifully...I would say shes about three pounds right now..." she began scribbling something inside the file.

Zack looked at Harlow, his smile wide as he took her hand in his, lacing their fingers.

"now this is your first pregnancy?" she asked.

"Yes..." the women just nodded mumbling a 'mhmmm'

"Have you give any thought to what would happen should you go into labor while on the road?" she asked seriously. A confused look fell over Zack's face.

"Shes not due until December..." he stated obviously.

"I am aware of that Mr. Baker, pregnancy in general is unpredictable, but a first pregnancy is especially unpredictable, seeing as we have no other occasions to compare it to..."

"Not really..." Harlow mumbled honestly.

"As of right now..." the doctor spoke honestly, looking between Zack and Harlow. Who were clearly, nervous first time parents, "you are not safe to fly. And honestly? You won't be until after you deliver..."

"Dr. Shecklar never told me that..."

"Well," she said, putting her glasses back on, "she probably assumed you knew..."

Zack felt a vibrating from within his pocket, he pulled his phone out.

mom flashed across the screen.

"Its my mom," he spoke flashing the phone at Harlow.

"Go take it, send her my love?" Zack nodded, reaching down pecking Harlow on the lips before excusing his self from the room.

He slid his finger across the screen, pressing it to his ear. "Hey mom..." he chorused, hastily running his fingers through his hair as he sat down on a bench at the end of the hallway.

"Hey sweetheart, I just wanted to call and see how Harlow's appointment went..." Zack let out a deep sigh, resting his head on the wall behind him, "whats wrong Zachary?"

"I know this is my job...and I love my band, its my life...well at least it was..."

"It feels wrong being on the road huh?" he closed his eyes, biting at his lip.

"Not so much wrong...I just know this isn't the best place for Harlow to be right now, you know? And I want to be with her..."

"Harlows a trooper, she always has been...shes know this is where you need to be. And she will tell you when shes had too much..."

"I know," Zack groaned, leaning forward resting his elbows on his knees, "Its just weird you know? Everything changed. I worry every second..." his mother chuckled over the line.

"Welcome to parenthood..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hate to say this was a filler...but it kind of was.
I promise you'll see the next chapter soon.
I at least hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading, you guys are amazing <3
Comment & Subscribe?