Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Something Serious.

"So," the scruffy faced reporter who had introduced his self as Kyle said, scanning over his notes, "tell me about being a father," he said confidently, clearly aiming the question at Zack.

Zack smiled widely.

"I'm not a dad yet...but I can't wait. They say is goes so fast, but honestly the closer we get the slower time seems to go," all the guys were comfortably sitting back in their chairs, also smiling widely, "I just want to hold my baby...and I can't wait to see Harlow take on being a mom. I know shes going to be amazing. My niece and nephew adore her." though this interview was for Metal Hammer it seemed like it was for some bad garbage Hollywood gossip magazine.

"Boy or girl?" Kyle asked seriously. Zack intertwined his fingers, twiddling his thumbs nervously.

"Were keeping it a secret." he said confidently, "And I hate to sound generic, but all I want is a healthy baby." Kyle just nodded, again scanning over his notes.

"Congrats on the engagement by the way..." he mumbled, Zack nodded, his smile getting even wider. Something Kyle hadn't thought possible.

"How do you guys feel about Zack's new life?" all the guys instantly flew into excited chit-chat.

"Excuse me," Zack said rising from his spot on the couch, "we go on soon and I need to check on Harlow." the group of men barely paid any attention as Zack walked from the room, pulling his phone from his pocket.

He tried calling Harlow, but got no answer.

He hung up, instantly hitting redial.

He walked through the double steel doors, only to hear a mob of fans start to scream. He vaguely waved before knocking hard on the bus door, he saw Val peek through the window before the door slowly opened.

Zack climbed the steep stairs onto the bus, his phone was attached to his ear. But he pulled it away from his ear as he spotted Harlow's phone laying on the table, screen lit, vibrating across the hard marble surface. He hit the end button laying his phone down beside Harlow's.

"Where is she?" Zack asked as Val pressed a finger to her lips, silently 'shushing' him.

"Shes back in your bunk asleep," Val said, her brown eyes filled with worry, "I'm starting to think this tour is just too much for her..." Zack bit at his lip, hastily running his fingers through his short black hair.

"I know..." he breathed nervously, Val could tell his mind was going at a hundred miles an hour. Worry filled his emerald eyes, "all shes done is sleep..."

"Its only been six days and I constantly worry about her..." Val said, her eyes filled with crocodile tears, "I feel awful because we convinced her to come."

Zack wiped at his face before walking back through the bunk, he took a deep breath before pulling the curtain. Harlow's dark wavy hair sat onto of her head in a tidy knot. She was laying on her side, her long eyelashes fluttered, one hand laying under the pillow, while the other laid on her round stomach.

Zack reached down as he sat on the edge of the bunk.

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Hey baby..." Harlow managed a smile.

"Are you getting ready to go on?" she asked, her voice groggy, "I'll come watch I was just tired-" he placed his hand firmly on her hip, holding her down.

"just rest Har..." her blue eyes were his biggest weakness and she knew that.

She started batting her eyes at him.

"but I wanna watch..." she pouted. He smiled, closing his eyes.

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Harlow just shook her head.

"Of course-" but they were interrupted as Val ran through the bus, stopping right in front of them. She was as white as a ghost.

"Val whats wrong?" Zack managed before Val held out Harlow's phone.

"Its your mom Har," she held her hand over the receiver. Harlow's heart sank, she knew instantly something was wrong.

Something serious.

"What-" Harlow started, but a tear ran down Val's face.

"Its your dad. He had a heart attack." Harlow grabbed the phone form Val, frantically pressing it to her ear.

"Mom?" Harlow's panicked voice played through the receiver.

"Harlow-honey," Mary sobbed into the phone, "you need to come home. Daddy's bad. Hes going to need surgery, a triple by-pass. They have him in a coma-"

"I'll be there, don't let them take him into surgery before I show up. Okay?"

"I won't sweetheart, just get here."

"Okay," Harlow huffed, climbing out of the bunk as she searched for a bag, "Were in Vegas, so I shouldn't be long..."

"Harlow, honey-" Harlow stopped, rubbing her fingers over her temple.

"Yeah mom?"

"I love you sweetheart."

"I love you too mom..." Harlow mumbled before hanging up, Zack and Val waiting expectantly, "dad had a heart attack, hes going to need a triple by-pass...I have to go be with them." Zack and Val nodded in understanding.

"I'll go get Larry, I'll see if he can take you to the airport." Harlow just nodded.

She pulled out a Louis Vuitton duffel bag out, which she had yet to unpack, "will you bring my other stuff back with you?" Zack nodded quickly, "Okay," she mumbled, grabbing her grey Birkin bag, carrying it in the crook of her arm.

Larry walked silently onto the bus, "I got you on a flight at McCarran to LA. The flight should only be about 55 minutes, but we need to leave now. They're holding the plane." Zack stood up, handing the duffel bag to Larry, who gladly took it.

"I love you." he mumbled, placing a soft kiss on her forehead, "More than anything else in this world." she looked up at him. Her blue eyes piercing into his.

"I love you too..." she reached up, pecking him on the lips.

"Call me when you get to LA?" Harlow just nodded.

Larry was right.
It wasn't a long flight.
An hour and seven minutes from take off to landing.
Harlow's aunt Missy was waiting for her at the airport.

They only made small talk on their way to the hospital.

And before Harlow knew it she was walking into a quiet room.

Slow beeps and the sound of her father breathing filled the room.

The lights were dim as she took a seat near the side of the bed.

"Hey daddy..." she sniffed as she took his callused hand into hers, he was pale, there was no color left in his face, she glanced up noticing he was hooked up to multiple medications, but the morphine bag told her he was in extreme pain, "I'm so sorry I wasn't here...dad..." she huffed as she held onto his hand tighter, "you listen to me..." she reached up, wiping the tears from her eyes, "you have to make it through this surgery. You have to. You have a lot to do...you have the firm. You have to meet Scarlett. You have to walk me down the aisle..."

"You know-" Mary spoke softly, scaring Harlow as she nearly fell off her stool, "sorry," Mary said simply as she pulled a chair up next to Harlow, "hes dreamed about the day he would get to walk you down the aisle..." she took Harlow's free hand into hers, "and any chance he gets he talks about Scarlett. How perfect shes going to be..." Harlow let out a small laugh, laying her head on her mothers shoulder, "he tells everyone how smart his daughters are...how proud he is..."

"Hes going to be okay...right?" Harlow asked, looking over at Mary, her eyes filling with tears again, "Mom he has to be okay."

But a knock came from the other side of the door, it opened slowly revealing two men in green scrubs.

"Were ready to take him..." one man mumbled releasing the brake on the bed.

Harlow reached down kissing her father on the cheek. "I love you...and I'll see you later."

Harlow watched with her mother as they pushed her father down the hallway.

The hardest part, was knowing this may be the last time she ever same him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.
As always thanks for reading!
I plan on having the next one out soon.
Comment && Subscribe?
You guys rock(:

Also, Im working on a new ZV story, would anyone be interested?