Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Incredible.

"It shouldn't be much longer," the chocolate skinned nurse muttered sweetly as she tossed her gloves into the trash, "you're nine centimeters and 100% effaced," she typed quickly.

Denerica had been Harlow's nurse, and she had been completely wonderful to them.

"Should we let everyone know?" Harlow asked, glancing from the nurse to the monitor registering the baby's heartbeat.

"That is a great idea, I would say were going to get you pushing within the hour..." she mumbled, "now Harlow, you do know its too late for an epidural, right?" Harlow nodded.

"I'm gonna go tell the guys?" Zack stated before kissing Harlow's forehead.

"I'll send Kristi or Chloe if anything happens..." Harlow mumbled before glancing at her younger sister, who was passed out in a chair in the corner then over to Chloe, who was asleep in the corner, sitting on the floor.

He walked out of the room, his Nike's hitting at the tiled floor.

He was exhausted, he felt like a zombie.
But compared to what Harlow was feeling, this was nothing.
And at this moment that was the only thing keeping him awake.

Zack walked into the waiting room, everyone was there.

Matt & Val, Brian & Chelle, Johnny & Lacey, Rev & Leanna.
Zack's siblings, along with his niece and nephew.
His parents.
Harlow's parents...

His mother was the first to notice his presence. She sat up, motioning to him. The room instantly fell silent. They all looked equally exhausted, and with the exception of Gavin and Gianna none of them had slept at all. They had all been in periodically throughout the night to see Harlow, but they would race back out whenever new news would come along, desperate to tell everyone else.

Zack collapsed into the first chair he saw.

"So?" Zina asked, "Tell us everything..." Zack rubbed at his eyes.

"Nine centimeters and 100% effaced, not sure what that last part means..." he grumbled aimlessly, "but they say it wont be much longer so..."

"We're so proud of you two..." Mary mumbled, settling into the chair next to Zack. She took his hand in hers, he smiled, leaning over kissing her cheek.

"And Zachary?" Maria began as she took Mary's free hand in hers.

"Yeah ma?" he asked, looking between the two women.

"Happy birthday sweetheart..." Zack looked at the clock on the wall.

7:26 a.m.

Zack closed his eyes as tears welled in the corners.

"Honey whats wrong?" Maria asked, Zack just shook his head smiling.

"A baby on my birthday. Its just...incredible. I couldn't have dreamt it anymore perfect..." everyone was silent. Smiling widely as they looked back and forth between each other.

"Zack!" Kristi's voice caught him off guard, but he glanced over frantically. She had the video camera planted in her hand, she didn't look at all like she had just been pulled out of sleep. Her eyes were wide with excitement, her sweatshirt was wrinkled.

"Is she ok-" but she caught him off, her smile becoming even wider.

"Come on! Its time! Shes pushing!"

But before Zack had a chance to run from the waiting room, everyone stood up, giving him excited hugs. Each congratulating him.

He wasn't sure who was most excited.
This was a pivotal moment for his entire band.

Maria kissed his cheek one last time, whispering 'Happy birthday' in his ear before he ran off after Kristi. Zack stumbled through the hallway, pushing frantically at the knob as he pushed her door open, Dr. Shecklar was sitting at the bottom of the bed, Kristi and Chloe were each holding one of Harlow's legs.

"Zack!" Harlow whimpered through the pain.

"Baby..." he kissed her moist forehead taking her hand in his. Her grip was impossibly tight, it felt as though she was crushing his, but he didn't care. If that's what it was going to take, she could go for it.

"I'm...sorry. This is an awful way to spend you...birthday. I got you a...a...Rolex!" Zack laughed, wiping at Harlow's tears.

"This is the most amazing birthday ever..." he pressed a kiss to her lips, before brushing her hair back.

"Alright Harlow," Dr. Shecklar's voice commanded, "I need you to start pushing...give me everything you've got."

Eight months, three weeks and six days she had lived inside Harlow.
Thirty-Seven minutes, eleven pushes and endless encouragement.
It was on Zack's twenty-eighth birthday his little girl came into the world.

It had all been such a blur, from start to finish.
It had all been such a rush.

Zack stood watching through the nursery window, one hand pressed firmly to the glass. His eyes had dark circles under them, they were blood shot he could never remember ever being so tired, and in the twenty-eight years he had been on this earth he had never been so happy.

He stared into the nursery, bassinets lined up in neat rows. His little girl was in the first row, the fourth bassinet in. Her thin dark hair stuck in every-which direction, and though he hadn't seen them first hand, he was told she had jade eyes by a nurse who had told him that was very rare in an infant. She was wrapped up tight in a pink Carter's blanket, the plastic band wrapping around her tiny wrist matching her mothers and the bracelet he too wore.

The pink tag on the end of her bassinet reading,

Welcome to the world Scarlett Monroe Baker!
6 Lbs. 4 Oz.
18 inches long.
Born 8:47 a.m. December 11th, 2009

Zack let out a deep breath. He was still high from all the excitement. But he felt a large hand land on his shoulders. He turned, seeing a man he had know practically his whole life. Harlow's dad Pierce. "Shes perfect isn't she?" Zack asked as the man smiled, watching his granddaughter through the window.

"Hell of a birthday huh?" Pierce muttered to Zack, who smiled. He couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift.

"The best," he watched intently as the nurse glanced up, smiling. Wrapping Scarlett tightly in her blanket she held the infant up for Zack to see.

Zack pressed harder against the glass, tears forming in his jade eyes.

"Shes so perfect..." Pierce smiled.

"Yes she is, the last time I saw a baby that beautiful, they were handing me my girls," Charlie muttered to Zack as the two watched the baby yawn, curling her fists and holding them by her face. "that seems like yesterday..."

"Jesus Christ man," Brian's voice pulled Zack out of his thoughts. He turned, all the people in the world that meant the most to him were gathered around, "you are in so much trouble, she looks just like her mother..."

"Shes amazing!" Val cooed as she began to cry.

"I can't believe one of us actually has one!" Lacey too cried as Johnny held her close.

"I want one!" Chelle moaned. Brian's eyes went wide.

"Do you see what you've done!" Brian hissed pointing between Val, Chelle and Lacey.

"Maybe we can borrow yours!" Val pipped, Zack smiled, but the nurse walking out called for him.

"I'm getting ready to take baby Scarlett down, would you like to carry her?" Zack thought for a moment before nodding, walking over the nurse gently laid the baby in his arms. She was so tiny. She let out a tiny cry, but Zack rocked her quickly.

"Shhh...shhh..." he cooed, never once taking his eyes off of her, "lets go see mommy, huh?"

Zack walked slowly, the nurse following beside him, pushing the clear bassinet. Pushing the door open for him Zack walked in, Harlow was sitting up in bed. She was wearing yoga pants and a pink and white baseball shirt.

Zack glanced up, noticing Harlow wiping big crocodile tears from her blue eyes.

"Baby are you okay?" Zack asked, sitting beside her in the hospital bed. She shook her head, resting it on his shoulder as she stroked at Scarlett's hair.

"Its just...this is everything I have ever dreamed of."

He looked over at her, smiling before he kissed her softly.

"Me too baby...me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys.
One chapter left, which I am working on as we speak.
So you should see the end within the next week!
Chapter 35 is where U plan to close things out, but don't jump the gun.
35 is going to be an important chapter! I promise, this new chapter 35 was not in the original version (I thought I would reward you guys for sticking around!)

Thanks so much to everyone who has been commenting, subscribing and recommending.
You guys are seriously amazing.

Thanks so much for reading! <3