Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Finally Here.

Zack smiled, the sun was shining warm on his face.

He held Scarlett tight, her head was comfortably resting on his chest as she babbled to herself, her purple pacifier bouncing up and down in her tiny mouth. With her one hand she held tightly onto Zack's purple bow tie, in her other she gripped tightly onto a handful of his Vera Wang tuxedo. She could barely keep her eyes open, she had missed her nap time. Scarlett was already five months old, and she was growing much too fast for Zack's liking. Her puffy purple dress matched the color of his tie, and after little discussion they decided she would be barefoot, after all she hated shoes.

Zack placed a soft kiss on her head right between her tiny dark pig tails which stuck straight up.

He looked out, the beach was lined deep with endless white chairs. Their closest family and friends filled the chairs, there were almost four hundred of them.

But suddenly everyone went quiet, and suddenly soft music began to play. Zack turned, watching as Matt Berry walked his mother down the aisle, taking a seat in the front row, just in front of him. Moments later Jason Berry escorted Mary down the aisle. Se offered Zack a loving smile, before taking a seat just on the other side in the front row, right across from where the girls would be.

And suddenly Johny appeared, arm in arm with Zina.
Then Rev, who was arm in arm with Chloe.
Brian followed, arm in arm with Michelle.
Matt trailed after, happily linked with Val, who had tears in her eyes.

It was then that Matt, Zack's youngest brother appeared arm's linked with Kristi, the two walked down the aisle with beaming smiles.

They all trailed patiently down the aisle, all the boys dressed in black pin striped tuxedos with purple ties and black converse, while all the girls wore dark purple flowing gowns and had bunches of white tulips. All the girls were barefoot, the sand beneath them covering their freshly painted toes their hair fell down in big full curls.

Zack smiled as each of them passed, they walked up, placing a kiss on Scarlett's chubby cheeks.

They fell in line, watching at the end of the aisle.

"We ask that you now rise," Brian Haner, or Papa Gates, asked everyone to stand. He would be officiating the ceremony at Harlow and Zack's request they knew that if anyone could write the perfect ceremony, it would be Papa. He was dressed in an all black suit.

The guests all obliged, standing as the turned, facing the back.

Zack felt his heart speed up, clutching Scarlett even closer to his chest.

The music began to play again, but softer this time.

His breath hitched in his throat.

There she was, Harlow and Pierce rounded the corner.

Pierce was beaming proudly.

Harlow looked like an angel.

She had only told him her dress was Vera Wang and in her typical smart-ass demeanor she told him it was white. He had tried to picture it in his mind a thousand times, going back to what he had seen that day in the bridal shop. But all the dreaming he had done, hadn't done her dress one ounce of justice.

It had a sweetheart neckline, it was fitted to every single curve of her body. A black sash fell at her natural waist, and just under her knees it flared into an elaborate skirt full of plenty of puff.

Zack smiled at her, he felt the tears running down his face but he didn't care. He had waited twenty years for this moment, and it was everything he had ever dreamed of.

Harlow was smiling wide, her bouquet of deep purple Calla Lilies in her left hand as Pierce held tight at her right hand.

Harlow never once took her eyes off Zack.

Zack felt his smile become even bigger as Pierce and Harlow finally arrived at the altar, "be seated," Papa's voice commanded again, everyone fell back into there seats, "welcome," he spoke, glancing the entire crowd over as Kristi took Harlow's bouquet, "who gives this woman?" he asked.

"We do..." Pierce spoke as he became misty eyed, "I her father Pierce, her mother Mary, her sister Kristi and her daughter Scarlett." Papa nodded as Pierce reached over kissing her cheek. Harlow closed her eyes for a moment before mouthing 'I love you...' to Pierce. Papa motioned to Zack, who walked over as Pierce held out his hands, Zack handed him Scarlett after giving her one last kiss. Harlow smiled as Pierce held Scarlett over, letting her place a kiss on Scarlett's cheek. Harlow lovingly brushed a piece of stay hair from Scarlett's face.

It was then that Pierce too hold of Zack's hand, joining it with Harlow's.

Everyone watched as a teary-eyed pierce took a seat next to Mary, Scarlett watched intently at her parents.

"Today we gather to celebrate the union of Zachary James Baker and Harlow Cadence Kensington," he looked proudly between the two kids he had known for what had been most of their lives, "I am proud to say, I could not think of two more perfect people, the have shown us all what it means to love without limits, and I am proud to say I have watched it happen," Harlow laughed through a tear as she released Zack's hands, straightening the bow tie that Scarlett had held so tightly. Zack smiled, taking back Harlow's hands, lacing their fingers.

"In French, you don’t really say 'I miss you.' You say 'tu me manques,' which is closer to 'you are missing from me', they are saying, you are essential to my life," the older man glanced between Zack and Harlow, "it means I cannot function without you or I choose not to function without you. And to anyone who knows Zack and Harlow, knows there could not be anything more true. I have never seen two people more patient and more kind, and more dependent in the most wonderful way..." he stopped, blinking rapidly as he too fought the tears, "they hve chosen to write their own vows, Harlow..." he closed his bible, holding it close to his body.

"Zack..." Harlow stopped, Zack reached up wiping at her tears, "You have already given me the two greatest gifts of my life: your love, and our beautiful child. Today, it is my honor to become your wife. I promise to continue building our family together, celebrating our joy, comforting one another in hard times, and strengthening our family's future. I vow to love and cherish you for all the days of my life." by the end, there wasn't a dry eye to be had.

"Zack..." Papa said, motioning at Harlow.

"Harlow...today I pledge to you what has already been yours for so long - my eternal love. As we have always done, I promise to walk hand-in-hand with you through life's journeys. No matter what lies in our path, it will be our path, together. In the joys and troubles that lie ahead of us, I will be faithful and loving to you. This is my solemn vow..." the crowed watched on in awe.

"Wow..." Papa said, wiping at his eyes, "guy that was...beautiful. I um...I have vows for you!" Everyone laughed as a visibly shaken Papa tried to compose his self again, Zack and Harlow turned, gathering their bands from Matt and Kristi, "

"Do you, Zack, promise to give Harlow, your deepest love and your truest thoughts, as you create a home together that is a place of joy and comfort, being her faithful champion, partner and best friend til death do you part?"

"I do..." Zack said proudly as he smiled, sliding the ring onto Harlow's shaking finger.

"And do you, Harlow, promise to give Zack, your deepest love and your truest thoughts, as you create a home together that is a place of joy and comfort, being his faithful champion, partner and best friend til death do you part?" Harlow let out a cry that was just short of being a sob.

"I do..." She cried as she slipped the ring onto Zack's finger.

"Then by the power vested in me by the great state of California, I now pronounce you man and wife. Zack, you may kiss your bride!" the crowd cheered as Zack took Harlow into his arms, throwing one up triumphantly with a balled, fist. The guys all laughed, knowing this had meant he finally scored. His free arm wrapped around Harlow as they shared their first passionate kiss as man and wife.

It had been a long journey.
One with what seemed like endless ups and downs, but through it all they had made it.
They had their little family, and they were finally married.

Forever was finally real.

And they knew that it wouldn't be easy, but as long as they had each other by their side, nothing else would ever matter, because through it all they could navigate this crazy life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin!

I hope you guys loved it!
Thank you so much for sticking it out and reading it all over again.
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate it, you are all so amazing.
&& Thanks so much for reading.
Much Love...