Status: Finished

Navigate Me Through Your Body

Motor Mouth.

Harlow pulled into her parents driveway, parking her lipstick red Mercedes C350 just behind her fathers identical black Mercedes. Her mother was outside working in the flowers, it was one of her many hobbies, but the reason she came was sitting beside her mother.

"Mom seriously I just got h-" but her eyes went wide as she pulled her body from the flower bed running taking her older sister into an excited hug. "Oh my God Harlow!" Kristi chanted as they rocked back and forth wrapped in each others arms.

"I missed you!" Harlow yelled excitedly.

"God me too! I have so much to tell you!"

Harlow's younger sister Kristi was a freshman at USC, both Harlow and her fathers Alma matter. While Harlow had chosen to go into Sport Law, Kristi was going to school to become a defense attorney.

"Hey!" Mary yelled at her daughters as they walked towards the house. "You're suppose to be helping me!" she yelled louder yet, but they waved her off walking through the front door and making a bee-line straight for the kitchen.

"So," Kristi said quickly tucking a piece of stray hair behind her ear. "mom told me the big news...I'm really happy Harlow...I really am. I can't wait to meet the baby. And I so call dibs to be in the delivery room!" she said pointing quickly at Harlow as she handed her a bottle of green tea. Harlow just smiled.

"You know I wouldn't have it any other way!" she said as her sister took a seat beside her. "So hows school? I want to hear everything! Don't leave anything out! Do you like your classes, have you meet anybody?" Kristi just smiled.

"There is someone..." a smile over took Harlow's glowing face. "but I don't want to talk about me! I want to hear everything about the baby!"

"There's not much to tell..." Harlow said shrugging. "I'm only about eight weeks...the baby actually looked like a gummy bear on the ultrasound..." but a tall man walked into the kitchen, his hair a playful canvas of white, gray and black, he was wearing a dark pair of jeans and a light yellow polo.

"This is how I like to see the kitchen," his deep voice played through the air making both girls smile. "both my girls here." he said walking over as he wrapped an arm around Harlow placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "How ya' feeling today kiddo?"Harlow smiled placing a kiss on her fathers cheek.

"I feel pretty good dad," he reached down rubbing her stomach.

"And hows the little one?" she smiled laying her hand just over his.

"fine..." she mumbled softly.

"Fine? Just fine? My grandchild needs to be better than fine!"

It was then that Hank took off, running from his spot under the table barking. But they soon heard multiple sets of foot steps and two distinct voices making their way through the house.

"I'll pay you back," the sweet familiar voice said as her mother let out a laugh.

"Maria its a cup of sugar! You don't have to pay me back!" the two walked into the kitchen. Harlow taking a deep breath preparing herself.

"Harlow..." she almost whispered.

"Hey mom," Harlow chorused sweetly as the woman took her into a hug.

"you know every time I talk to Zachary he asks if I've seen you..." she said in a dejected tone as Mary measured the sugar putting it into a container.

"I just don't think I could have dealt with Gena for that long," Harlow said simply. "he made his choice. Speaking of," her tone perking up. "how uh, how do you feel about the new daughter-in-law to be?" Maria took a seat at one of the bar stools.

"I don't approve. I can't stand the girl. And honestly, that should be you Harlow," Harlow just shrugged.

"Well, I hate to run, but I need to drop by the office. I have some work to do-" but Harlow was cut off by her mother.

"Honey w are going to have to adjust your work schedule I mean God forbid you have to go on bed rest, and I don't want you too stressed. I need you to think about the ba-" Harlow's eyes went wide as the kitchen fell silent.

"wow mom, way to be a motor mouth!" Harlow spat, stomping out the door.

XXX

"Thank you Austin!" Matt's voice boomed through the packed arena as the crowd went wild, fireworks shooting in every which direction. Syn and Zack standing side-by-side on the center amp, playing one last dual, as the curtain dropped and the arena went black.

They walked off stage, Zack grabbed his phone from the dressing room as he walked for the showers.

He went through his call log and hit Harlow's name. It rang five times, and then went to voice mail.

He was surrounded by his best friends and a following of fans, but he had never felt so alone.

XXX

Harlow was sitting on her couch, legs tucked under her petite body, her laptop siting on her legs as she finished the proposal for her firm.

But a knock at the door broke her concentration. She glanced at the clock by the t.v.

6:13 P.M.

Sitting her computer on the coffee table she made her way to the front door, but she glanced out the peep hole of the giant set of oak doors. On the other side was a dark haired woman in a red top and a pair of jean capris. Her green eyes became visible as she lifted the sunglasses from her face putting them in her purse.

It was Zacky's mom, Maria.

Taking a deep breath she twisted the knob pulling it open.

"Hey Maria," she said softly.

"Hi sweetheart, can I come in?" Harlow nodded stepping to the side letting the woman in. She found her way to the couch, sitting opposite of Harlow.

"Whats on your mind?" Harlow asked softly, Maria just smiled sitting forward.

"I wanted to come by and say congratulations," she said with a sweet smile. "Your mom told me," Harlow's heart sped up, she was sure Maria could hear it beating, "and you and Aaron are going to make great parents." Harlow let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Maria...that means a lot," Maria smiled.

"I just wanted to let you know," Maria started scooting over taking Harlow's hand in her own. "I'm not going to tell anyone, especially Zack. I want you to tell him on your own time...and I am here if you ever need anything, no matter what the time. I don't care if its three in the morning and you want to talk...I'll be here." Harlow closed her eyes pulling the woman into a tight hug.

"Thank you...thank you so much..."

As ironic as it sounded, that made it harder yet. Because Harlow ached to tell the woman she had seen as a second mother that this was in fact her grandchild.

But Harlow bit her tongue, knowing deep down it was what she needed to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've already posted today, but I felt like you guys earned it.
31 subscribers in one day? I am impressed & thankful :]

So you know what to do.
Please & Thank you...