Alone Together We're Alone

Good morning sunshine

---you walked into the kitchen expecting to see Patrick but instead Joe was sitting at the table. “Good morning sunshine Pete told me what happened last night.” “Oh” you said pouring yourself a cup of coffee. “And how are you feeling?” you took a sip of your coffee and thought for a moment “crappy.” “Well get dressed I’m taking you out and if you get sick of me there’s always Janelle” he said happily.

“Joe I know you’re trying to help me but I really don’t feel like going any where I just kind of feel like being alone.” He wrapped his arms around you “I know what Pete said to you and you know its not true right?” you smiled remembering what Patrick had told you the night before “yeah I know.” “Well ok then I guess but I’ll be back tomorrow to check up on you” you nodded. “Ok and if you umm…if you see Patrick could you tell him that I really need to talk to him” you choked out on the verge of tears.

---three weeks later and you had not seen nor contacted neither Pete nor Patrick. Joe came in and found you sleeping on the couch “why don’t you ever sleep on your bed?” you shrugged feeling dizzy “I just can’t.” “Janelle says you have to come to work today even if you are dying.” You stood up slowly and pulled off the sweatshirt you had been wearing “Damn you lost a lot of weight.” “Yeah I guess so,” you said looking down at your body. You changed into a pair of gray sweatpants and a purple tank top. And pulled on a big ‘new found glory’ sweatshirt you ran your fingers through your greasy hair and pulled it up in a messy bun. You did not even bother with make up and walked out into the living room. “You look…comfortable” Joe said politely “have you talked to Patrick?” you asked avoiding his gaze “no his phones been off I even called Pete but he hasn’t seen Patrick since the night you and Pete got into that fight.” “Oh” you sighed walking towards the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading
<3 Claudia