Alone Together We're Alone

Squatting in my apartment

---you opened your eyes and got off the couch after having the feeling that some one was watching you. You grabbed a hoodie and pulled on your shoes then you walked out side. You sat on the porch to your apartment gazing at the stars. You looked across the street where you noticed a blue Honda civic “Patrick” you smiled. You quickly got up and ran to the car only to find he wasn’t in there. You walked back into the apartment slightly crestfallen. You walked into your room and saw Patrick sleeping on the bed you smiled and threw a blanket over him.

---you woke up on the couch like always but you quickly ran to your room and saw…....a note on the bed it had Patrick's messy scrawl on it.

Melody,
I am so sorry I took advantage of you that night. I hope you can somehow find it in your heart to forgive me.Or at least not hate me I know that you were vulnerable and all you wanted was comfort but all I could do was think of well how pretty you looked. I can understand that you might be angry with me but I would never want to lose you as a friend you mean too much to me. And I apologize for sleeping here last night or maybe I am just sorry I got caught because I’ve been sleeping in your room since that night.I know it is weird but I can’t seem to sleep anywhere but that bed it’s like some weird emotional attachment. But I’m afraid that it might make it harder for you to accept my apology if I’m basically squatting in your apartment so I hereby return your key it’s on the dresser.
Love,
Patrick

“If only he knew that I can’t sleep in the bed for the same reason,” you said to yourself as you picked up the key and ran your finger over the cold metal surface. You sighed and began to dress for work.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading
<3CLAUDIA