Cubicles

Chapter One

I drove up to my usual parking space in front of my favorite place to satisfy my nerves for lunch.
I opened the door and entered the warm coffee shop filled with sugar high teens and adults, better known as Star Bucks. Inside were people that need a break from the cold, icy weather outside, listening to a band. Star-bucks now has this live amateur band Thursday thing.

Lifting up my sleeve of my cheap leather jacket, I check my watch. 12:40. 20 minutes and 58 seconds until lunch is over.

"Hey! Over here! Oh excuse me... hey!" Some guy said, pushing through the people waiting in line to get some coffee.

"OUCH! Hey! Watch where the fuck your going!" I yelled as the guy tripped and fell on me.
"Oh shit. Sorry man," He said and got up and went on trying to get through the crowd. I mumbled a few incoherent words and got up.

A few minutes later and less people in line I hear more of the dumb ass that fell on me.
"FUCK! WERE THE HELL IS FRANK!" I heard the guy say.
"I don't know he said he would be here in 20 min..." Another guy said.
"THAT WAS AN HOUR AGO!" The guy yelled again throwing his arms in the air.

"Hey Gerard. What would you like," Asked the lady on the other side of the counter. YES. She knows my name.
"The usual, Wendy," I say, looking at my watch. 12:36pm. 14 minutes and 10 seconds until lunch is over.

HM... COFFEE!!!!

"Wendy! Hurry up!" I whined, tapping my foot on the ground.
"Half way to the top?" She asks kicking the machine a little bit to get it to work. "Stupid old shit..."

"Wow Wendy! You shouldn't talk like that! You could lose your job!" A guy said walking up next to me.

He had a blue and black striped pullover jacket on with the hood over his head. He was uh...VERY small compared to me.

"Wow Frankie! You shouldn't be coming in 2 hours after your band has been called a gazillion of times to play on stage in the past 2 hours! And they have been looking for you." She rolled her eyes at him.

"SHH-HT! Not too loud! They might hear you!" he whispered, looking around him frantically. pf-ft. Weirdo. But on the bright side he had some pretty greenish hazel eyes...

"Who? The rest of Pencey Prep?" She asked putting a top on my coffee and putting it in front of me. I took my wallet out and gave her the money.

"No shit Sherlock Holmes!" he replied, rolling his eyes. "I think I'm going to quit the band. I need some money so I'm going to a job interview in a few. Hopefully I get the job...Hopefully." he said.

"Here's your change Gee," Wendy said putting the change and the receipt in my hand.

"Wow. Nice ass." The dude next to me muttered, obviously checking me out. I will say it AGAIN, weirdo.

I mumbled thanks to Wendy and went back outside into the cold, icy air. 7 minutes of lunch left. I might as well get to work early and drink my coffee there.

'Hey Gerard!'s,random pats on my back, and big welcoming smiles greeted me on my way to my little cubicle. Setting my brief case down on my desk, I began to start up the computer.

"So Frank, this will be your new cubicle." I heard the big boss saying.
"That means I got the job?" I heard another voice say, evidently the newbie.

"Yep. Get to work." and then a couple of foot steps started leading to my door. Oh no. Please don't make me help the newbie, please don't make me help the-

"Gerard! This will be your assistant. The other cubicle is under construction for now so you will be sharing yours with frank. Show him around and show him how to use the copier and such. I'll be in my office doing some…work." Yea, if fucking Klarrisa on top of your desk even classifies as work. "Oh and Gerard, Be nice."

Sighing, I got up and rolled my eyes. Damn newbies.

"Um...hi Gerard. I'm Frank." The short framed boy said. He looks oddly familiar...
"Yea I know and don't call me Gerard, call me Mr. Way." Gosh, I don't like him already. I grabbed a few random papers off my desk and checked them quickly. I shoved the papers in Franks arms.

"Photocopy it." Frank looked confused.

"Photo.Copy.It." I repeated slowly as if he was retarded. Frank looked at me weird again. "Shit, don't tell me you don't know how to use it.." I said slapping my forehead.

"If I did I would be lying Ger-uh-Mr.Way." He said looking down at his shoes.

"Ask for a lady named Jacky, she has her hair up in a bun and LOTS of make up. She'll help you with the photocopier." I said turning to the computer and opening up Internet Explorer.

"Um...OK" he said walking out the door. Not a moment later I heard a pair of feet shuffling back to my cubicle again.

"To your first right, keep going down, and then make another right where it says 'Photocopier'." I said annoyingly. Stupid newbie.

When I logged onto my aim Wendy Instant Messaged me. Yea I know I'm at 'work' but there isn't much to do now. I'll just let Frank do it for me. BAHAHA! *puts flashlight under chin*

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Hey!
VampireKingGee: Hey Wendy!
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: What's up?
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Aren't you supposed to be...WORKING?
VampireKingGee: Eh, there's a newbie here. I think boss is going to let us be partners or some stupid crap, but yea I'm making him do the work.
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Pfft. Meanie.
VampireKingGee: MEANIE? You're fucking dad's a meanie!

FYI: Wendy's dad is my boss. That's how I met her.

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx : ...you suck!
VampireKingGee: Indeed I do Wendy, indeed I do. *wink*
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx :LMFAO

"GERARD! GET THE DAMN NEWBIE OUT OF HERE!"

What? I got up to see what that person was screaming about. I really couldn't see because flying paper was invading the air.

"GERARD! GET YOUR PALE ASS HERE NOW!"

Damn you Frank. "Coming!" I shouted. I sat down once again to see if Wendy logged off.

VampireKingGee: Fuck! Be right back sugar cakes! The newb is being a newbie *sigh*
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Well duh! He's new! Anyways, have fun!

I ran to the photocopier to see Frank in the middle of the mess and Jacky looking pissed off. Frank looked like he was going to cry, his eyes turning redder by the seconds.

"Get. Him," Jacky whispered, looking like she was trying to regain her usual calm self. "OUT!" Oh well, she failed. I power walked to Frank, turned the contraption off, and grabbed him by the arm and started walking toour my cubicle.

Heads poked out of cubicles as I walked past them. When I finally got toour my cubicle and got back on aim and took off my 'Away' message.

VampireKingGee: BACK! The damn newbie caused a big commotion with Jacky. She was PISSED!
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx : Oh My Gosh! JACKY? Calm as a ...as...a...well calm Jacky?
VampireKingGee: Yea! No one has been able to do that on the first few minutes of working!
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx : LOL
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx : So whats the newbies' name?

I decided I wasn't going to tell Wendy Franks name yet. She would just have to find out, I mean if I told her his name then it would lead to seeing him and then they would be a couple bah blah blooping blah.

He is kind of cute after all and I haven't been in a relationship for a few months.
I glanced at Frank. He was sitting down in a spare chair on the far side of the cubicle playing with his nails. Man, this guy looks so familiar.
Taking a gulp of my coffee I thought I should maybe...get to know Frank.
"So, Frank. Are you in a relationship?" I asked casually, deciding I should reply to Wendy now.

VampireKingGee: His name is Frank.

"Um..no. I just got out of a relationship." He replied, looking at me with those piercing greenish hazelish orbs.

"Oh too bad."

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx : Frank what?

"Hey dude, what's your last name?" I asked, taking another gulp of my precious Star Bucks coffee.

"Iero. Why are you asking me all these questions? Oh fuck! Don't tell me you are entering me in Match.com or something! I already went through that and-" That's when I blocked him out. I hope he doesn't talk as much as he does now in a few more weeks that I would be working with him.

VampireKingGee: Iero. Frank Iero.
VampireKingGee: Has a nice ring to it, ya know?

"Gerar-er..Mr.Way. You aren't entering me in a Match.com kind of thing...are you?" He asked suspiciously. I think I should have some fun with this *does evil laugh*.

"Um..so what are your dislikes and likes? What do you like to do on your spare time?" I asked, acting like I was reading it off of the computer.
"MR.WAY!"
"MR. IERO!"
"Ugh! Come on!"
"What? Where are we going?" I asked, being a total smart ass. He just sighed and rolled his eyes at me. I giggled and looked at him. He smiled a smile that made me smile and VOILA! We were smiling together.

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
VampireKingGee: What?
xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Do you remember that short dude that was checking you out?
VampireKingGee: Uh yea. Creepy pervert.

I took a sip of my coffee but didn't swallow it; I was trying to savor the coffee. Coffee is yummy!

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: Well have fun with your assistant person because frank IS that creepy pervert.

HOLY FRIJOLES!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be afraid to comment. Comments get you a new chapter.<3