Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

The Honesty Policy

"God, Ella, you dark horse!" cries Izzie once I've told her everything I got up to on Friday night. Which in five words is 'alcohol', 'boy', 'cigarette', 'Shisha' and 'cocaine'.

Suppose I am a dark horse.

"Can't believe you did all that too!"

Izzie is so happy she grabs me and wrestles me onto the floor with an almighty hug. I can't help but crack a smile. It's sort of nice that we can share it.

We sit up after a moment, grinning like hyenas.

"Does Bridget know?" asks Izzie, getting her breath back after the wrestling match. I shake my head. "Probably best not to tell her. She'll only worry."

"I really want to see Marcus again though!" I object obstinately. "How can I get near him without telling Bridget? He's in the band with her brother, it's not like she won't put two and two together if I start talking to him."

"So what if you talk to him?" shrugs Izzie. "She knows you two were kissing."

"But she told me no one would be there until she and Seb have tidied the house up."

"Ah," Izzie suddenly makes a face. "That's not exactly true. Andy told me that those boys have a rehearsal tonight. At Seb's house. So . . . "

I'm sticken. I can't believe Bridget lied to me.

"Look, just go over now," suggests Izzie earnestly. "Doctor Pepper, right?"

"What?"

"What's the worst that can happen?"

Izzie then spends the next few minutes giggling while I figure out how on earth I'm going to sneak out of the house long enough to get to Bridget's, talk to Marcus and get back here without my mother noticing my absence.

Why am I the only one of my friends who got grounded?!

"But even if I manage to get there Iz, what am I supposed to say to Marcus?" I ask her desperately. "It's not like I can say, 'I love you, please go out with me!' is it?"

"I think you should be honest. It worked for me and Andy," smiled Izzie, almost smugly.

Even though Izzie and Andy's relationship seems to be fairly full on after only four days, it does seem to have worked. If being honest got them where they are now, then maybe it's worth a shot.

Of course, they did sleep together on the first night of knowing one another. But, maybe that's where the honesty comes in. 'We're both human, we both have urges, let's do something about them.' Or whatever.

I don't think I want to be THAT honest with Marcus. I'm not sure what I want to say to him. I know what I'd like him to say to me. 'Ella, you're lovely, come have a cup of tea with me sometime.'

Only not tea. And not sometime. It should be coffee. And it should be tonight!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slow updates on this one.