Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

"Let's Get Cracking."

I'm standing at the end of Mersey Avenue, my handbag full of a plastic bag with cocaine inside.

I have no phone and obviously no way to let Marcus know that I'm here. Will Marcus phone Iggy Popper when he doesn't get a phone call from me?

If he tries to reach my phone, he'll end up with Iggy Popper anyway.

I'm still in shock. He took my phone. What the hell am I going to do now?!

I'm stuck on the other side of town, with no means to phone anyone for help. And even I did, what would I say? 'Hey Mum, bit of a sticky situation with a drug dealer taking my phone - would you mind coming to pick me up?' Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Obviously I wouldn't phone my Mum but I now have no way to phone Bridget and Izzie either. They're probably still at Izzie's house, watching The Exorcist. Or maybe that will be finished now. I wish I was telepathic sometimes.

So, because it's the only thing I can do, I wander up and down the road, hoping that Marcus will look out of the window and see me.

But what if he doesn't even live on this road? What if he lives in one nearby? I can hardly keep wandering the streets all night.

It's been ten minutes. Surely Marcus will wonder where I am. He knows I was being driven here. Will he try and phone me?

I've come to the other end of Mersey Avenue. Sure enough there are three roads, all leading off in different directions. Marcus could live up any one of them.

"Excuse me!"

Someone's talking to me again. I turn around quickly and see a boy waving awkwardly across the road at me.

"Excuse me? Are you . . . Ella?"

"Uh . . . yeah?"

The boy smiles. "I'm Matthew. I'm Marcus's friend. He sent me down to find you. Come on, you must be frozen!"

I'm not frozen at all. I'm so nervous that all thought of cold went out of my head. I'm trembling yes, but it's nothing to do with the cold.

"Come on, quickly, let's get you inside!" Matthew beckons me over to his side of the road. As I get closer I can see that he's not really that scary at all. He's a big lad with a rugby shirt that's hanging baggily over a rather large stomach, with long blue jeans.

He smiles again as I get nearer. "How long have you been out here for?"

"Ten minutes?" I decide I should be honest. Matthew looks friendly enough. I can tell he's nice because he looks vaguely horrified by what I've said.

"Ten minutes? Blimey, you poor thing. Come on, quickly, the party's just getting started."

He puts his arm around me and leads me up a driveway. There's a blue Ford parked there and the front door is open where he'd obviously come out where two people are standing. There's a girl with her back to me - she's blocking the other person from view.

She's tall too, with long, long legs. For a minute, I think she's almost a little too thin. Her legs almost look spindly but that may just be because her purple dress is billowing out a little. I look closer and realise it's a top.

She suddenly turns around to leave and I see it's Marcus at the door, saying good bye to her. His cheeky eyes look past her. He sees me.

"Ella!" Marcus grins at me. "You made it."

"Yeah, uh, Marcus, my phone - "

"Yeah, I know all about it," Marcus interrupts me. "Iggy was right out of order to do that. I'll get it back for you, no sweat."

I feel a rush of relief. If Marcus said he'll get it back, he'll get it back.

"Out of the way, skinny boy, she's cold!" Matthew barges Marcus out of the way, directing me straight inside the house.

I say house. It's not much of a house.

"Sorry about the mess," apologises Matthew, as I step over old kebab wrappers and forgotten newspapers and CD cases. "It's not usually like this."

"Yeah, it's usually a lot worse," laughs Marcus, closing the front door.

"Who was that?" I ask gingerly.

"Who?"

"That girl?"

"What Gemma?" Marcus smiles. "That's my cousin."

Matthew laughs. "She's everyone's cousin mate."

I have no idea why they find this funny but they're both giggling. I smile. I wonder if I'm really welcome here.

"So Ella, my beauty," Marcus claps his hands together brightly. "After all that caffafle, did you get it?" I hold up my handbag in answer. "Good girl. Let's get cracking then."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, things are heating up.
Poor Ella. This is why fifteen year olds shouldn't get messed up with older people and drugs. Because they get messed up.
Well, people like Ella do.
Thanks for reading and for the comments! Keep them coming, it's great to know what you guys think. Any suggestions for what's going to happen?
I mean, I know what's going to happen. Nice to hear what you think will though!