Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

Questions

"Why did you have to go home so early last night?" asks Izzie. "What time did you go to bed by the way? You look like shit."

I hadn't gone to bed in the end. I knew if I had gone to sleep at six, there's no way I would have been up for school. So I had opted for staying awake.

I waited until my Mum and William Birch had left the house before coming out of my room. The only good thing is that as my Mum got back so late last night, she didn't notice that I'd only come in a little while before her.

I still can't quite believe that I didn't get in trouble for coming in at five in the morning. Still, what my Mum doesn't know won't kill me.

"I had a bit of a weird night," I explain. I don't really want to elaborate. I don't really have a choice.

I explain to them that when I got in my Mum was out and I got woken up when her friend William Birch came in at five in the morning.

The good thing about telling them is that they are just as outraged as I am. Well, at least one of them is.

"That's disgusting!" exclaims Bridget, in horror. "Is your Mum having an affair?"

"I don't know."

"It's not really an affair Bridge!" ponders Izzie. "Even if they are sleeping together . . . I mean, Ella's Dad hasn't been here in six months. What, does he expect her to wait until she's home before she can have sex again?"

"Izzie!"

"Oh Ella, don't be so naive. Your Mum is a human being with the same urges as everyone else and if she - "

"Izzie, I do not want to hear about this!"

"Yeah, shut up Izzie!" I smile gratefully at Bridget but the conversation is far from closed.

"Did you catch them at it?"

"Obviously not!" I snap at Izzie, glowering at her over the canteen table.

The trauma has put me right off my food. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The truth is, I'm so tired I don't really want any food.

I sort of want to tell Izzie and Bridget about me going to see Marcus last night. But I know Bridget will not approve. And Izzie will either tell Bridget or want to join in. I don't want Izzie anywhere near Marcus.

I know she has a boyfriend now but Izzie is like that. That's probably why I don't have a lot of friends. If I ever get friendly with anyone, Izzie immediately gets friendly with them too and she'll steal them. And then they're not my friend anymore, they're Izzie's friend.

The only person that hasn't happened with is Bridget. Bridget and I became friends. Then Izzie started her little act of trying to make Bridget just her friend. But Bridget carried on hanging out with me as well.

Anyway, even if Izzie doesn't try and steal Marcus away from me in a romantic way, she'll try and get into that circle of people. Right now, it's not exactly a circle. Me and Marcus and Matthew Kitchen. It's obviously a triangle. Even if you add Iggy Popper into the mix, it's still only a square.

How am I ever going to get my phone back? I know Marcus has good intentions but he seems to be a very lazy person.

What if he doesn't get it back? How will I explain to my Mum that I need a new phone? I'll have to save up and it will take so long!

"Have you heard from Marcus yet?"

"What? Uh, no," I mumble. I hope Bridget won't ask again.

"Haven't seen you check your phone once today. Have you gone off him or something?"

"No. Just . . . don't want to be staring at it all day. He'll call when he calls."

That almost sounds convincing.

The conversation drifts onto the Marcus's band then who are playing a gig next weekend and then Izzie guides it back to herself and 'Andy' and she starts talking about some weird position they were having sex in on Wednesday afternoon.

Thankfully, Bridget tells her to shut her face.

That's the other thing of course. If Izzie did get friendly with Marcus, she'd definitely sleep with him. And a guy would rather go out with a girl who'll sleep with him than a frigid virgin who won't.

I wouldn't say I was frigid. Just careful. Cautious. Then I remember the cocaine and the little voice in my head shuts up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am broke until Friday. Anyone got any ideas on how to make the time go quicker? Aside from working and reading? Which I'm already doing!

THANKS! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it was a little shorter than usual.