Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

Guns And Dolls

"How old are you?" asks Ponytail suspiciously.

"Fifteen," I tell him, feeling my legs shaking. I don't know if I can actually stand up that much longer. Will Marcus come back and help me? He has to, he can't leave me here with two burly men. Surely that's part of the guy code - to rescue girls who are clearly in need of help?

Although . . . you never hear of the girl code . . . what is that? To stand and either be kidnapped or be saved?

And, of course, I should never have thought that. Because I suddenly get a bright idea. And that's to back quickly into the kitchen, put a chair in front of the door and make a break for it outside the back door.

So, I grab a photo frame from the table, throw it at Ponytail's foot and leap squealing into the kitchen. I trip over a phone wire though and end up on the floor by the chair. Ponytail and Grimace both burst into the kitchen but I manage to kick the chair onto the floor in between us, giving me just enough time to scramble up and hurl myself towards the back door. Only waiting there is another man.

He catches hold of my arms and then puts his large hand across my mouth to stop me from screaming. I'm letting out short screams anyway though. That's how scared I am!

"Hold her Terry!" says Ponytail grimly. "We've got to get out of here fast."

"What about the girl?" asks Grimace. "Can't we leave her?"

"'Fraid not," replies Ponytail. "Too much of a risk. It could be traced back to us. Get her in the van, Terry, and quickly."

I squeal again although it's muffled. I desperately try and wriggle free but Terry has his arm around my stomach and lifts me off the ground. It's awkward to kick backwards and I keep missing his shins. He's oblivious to it anyway.

Grimace clearly has some reservations but holds open the back door while Terry carries me out of it. Only then suddenly I see Marcus with a large branch in his hand.

"Put her down. Now." His face is white and his voice has lost it's natural suave but hell, at least he's here. My mind is frozen though, I can't think very hard. I just know Marcus is there and I'm scared for him and I'm scared for me.

"The police are on their way," adds Marcus bravely. "So put her down. It's over."

It's then I hear a clicking noise and suddenly all of the colour drains out of Marcus's face as Ponytail points a small hand gun at him.

"Put down the stick, dog, and back away nice and slow," hisses Ponytail.

Marcus throws the stick behind him and puts his hands in the air but won't give up. "You're wasting your time, they'll be here any minute."

"I can hear them!" cries Grimace as the sound of a siren begins to grow nearer.

Before Ponytail can speak, Terry tosses me onto the grass by Marcus and the three of them pelt around the corner outside of the house and disappear. Marcus bends down beside me and for a moment the two of us just sort of pant with our mouths wide open, not knowing what to say.

Marcus is the first one to speak. "I didn't really call the police by the way. I just said that. The siren was, um, a coincidence." I don't reply. What am I supposed to say to that? Thank God? or We could have been killed! I don't need to as it happens. "Thank God though!" says Marcus, breathing a long sigh of relief. "Those guys could have shot us."

He gets to his feet and then after a second he reaches out his hands and I awkwardly stand up too. I'm not really hurt but my legs feel wobbly, like they won't support me. I get an idea then.

"Hey!" Marcus cries as he leaps forward to hold me up because I suddenly start to tip sideways. Obviously, I'm exaggerating the swaying slightly, acting like a rag doll, but I'm not going to miss this opportunity to get him to help me like this. He was so brave! Even when they had a gun he didn't leave! He's a hero!
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Marcus a hero?

Only YOU can decide!

Let me know if you think he is ...... thanks for the comments guys = D I love them! please leave some more!!