Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

Hot Fuzz

It was strange how Marcus behaved next though. We went back inside, I locked the back door and then Marcus tried to kiss me again. Deep, significant kisses, with his hands tightly pressed against my body. It thrilled me, of course, and I would have gladly gone another ten rounds with Ponytail, Grimace and Terry now that I knew I could live through so I could be comforted by Marcus like this!

Only, the thing was I knew Marcus wasn't comforting me, he was just using it as an excuse to try it on again. Sure, he probably didn't want me to get taken away by strangers and dragged into a van but only in the way that no one really wants that to happen to anyone. Of course, he stayed and helped, for which I will always remember - and which has, if I'm completely honest, made me fall even more in love with him - but if he could have got away with leaving, he would have done.

Part of me felt as though I should let Marcus sleep with me to thank him for saving me. But then I managed to pull myself together. For one thing, if I really wanted to thank him, I would have arranged it so he could sleep with Sienna Miller or Jessica Alba, you know? I was hardly that much of a prize.

I wanted to keep kissing him. In fact, I wanted him to carry me upstairs and have 'his wicked way with me'...sort of, anyway. But after the initial shock had gone away, it occured to both of us that the police had to be told. Marcus phoned them whilst I phoned my Mum. The police arrived quicker than my Mum because it took me ages to actually get hold of her.

And when the police arrived I almost wanted to ask them not to tell my Mum that Marcus had been here. Only of course I didn't get up the nerve. Besides, they wouldn't have done it anyway.

It all ended up getting really complicated because then Mum did get back and she had almost more questions than the police, all revolving around why I had had a strange boy round while she'd been gone.

I wanted the floor to swallow me up. As unlikely and ridiculous, out of being almost dragged into a van by three guys and my mum shouting at me in front of a boy I really liked, I would gladly climb into the van and drive it myself than have Mum humiliate me in front of Marcus.

I know what you're thinking and you're right, I'm only saying that because I got out of the 'three men one van' episode with barely a scratch on me (which reminds me, I watched two girls one cup round at Izzie's house once and...there are no words. Just horror. And other things, ergh...). But the way I saw it, that could only do me good with Marcus. Look at the way he'd tried to help me, and then kissed me afterwards!

Granted, he may have just been doing that to, you know, with me, but still...Mum shouting at me in front of Marcus, being rude to Marcus and Mr William Birch standing there giving Marcus dirty looks...yeah, I think it's safe to say that Marcus will never be coming around to my house ever again.

In the end, we all had to go down to the station, including Marcus. By this point, he did not seem in the least bit bothered about comforting me. All he wanted to do was get out of there as quickly as possible. I can't blame him either. My mum was awful to him, accusing him of all sorts of horrible things which thankfully the police didn't seem to take a great deal of notice of. At least until my Mum pointed out that Marcus was eighteen and I was a minor and that he was taking advantage of me. We were only kissing of course but neither Marcus or me admitted to this. We simply said we'd been talking in the garden and I'd invited him in for a cup of tea, which the police believed. My mum didn't, and neither did Mr Willian Birch, but thankfully I got taken in to give a statement then and was given some peace and quiet from Mum's constant poker-red-hot glares!

Honestly, I have never been more embarrassed in my entire life.

Anyway, it took hours and hours for the police to get all of the information they needed and I had to repeat myself so many times. I had two police officers in with me, PC Jane Phillips and Sergeant Naomi Houston. They were both friendly but still stayed pretty strict with me when I veered off topic a couple of times.

They asked a lot about what the men had looked like, kept asking what time it had been, when Marcus had come round, exactly what they had said to me. When I mentioned them shoving Marcus out of the house, they exhanged a look and they got even more serious when I mentioned that they had been asking about Mr William Birch.

They never said whether or not I'd been right not to have given anything away and I still don't know if I should be worried. I wasn't allowed to hear any of the theories put forward by the police or to say good bye to Marcus who apparently had been let go before me as his statement had been shorter.

Then something strange happened because one minute it looked like the interview was over and the next minute I was being dragged back in and the police officers wanted to know about William Birch and the kiss.

I honestly don't know why Marcus told them - perhaps for revenge...OK it wouldn't have been for revenge, that's silly. But honestly, although the kiss had been strange it was not violent or all that forced and it wasn't exactly on the lips. It had been to the side.

But the police officers made a big deal about it.

I got so hot and embarrassed even talking about it I'm sure I was making it worse. I could almost see them writing down things like 'victim grew increasingly distressed' when I wasn't! There's a big difference between distressed and embarrassed. They kept saying things like, "There are people you can talk to" and "This isn't your fault" and "If Mr Birch has told you not to tell anyone, you're safe and we are here to listen"

Anyway, even though in the end the police seemed to agree with my mother i.e. that Mr William Birch was not a pedophile, he wasn't allowed to come home with us that night as he had to answer a lot more questions. The police drove me and my mother home and explained that the house was under police survellence and they gave my mother a panic button in case of emergencies.

I feel sad now that the police have gone away, which sounds really bizarre I know. But whilst they were around, my Mum couldn't really have a go at me, she could only wreck my future (ha!) with Marcus. Without them here though, she has gone flipping mental. Firstly, she's been furious that anyone could think that her boyfriend could be a pervert and talking about our nanny state and how sheltered we all are, which I truthfully didn't really understand.

Secondly, of course(!) I've been grounded again. At one point she did get a bit teary when she asked me more about the men, even though the police had advised her not to ask me about it for some reason. But then she went right back to being an angry gorilla, charging around in a rage. Well, all right, my Mum is too graceful to charge anywhere but...she looked angry. Even just now, when I popped in to have a look at her in the bed all by herself, she's sleeping angrilly somehow.