Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

Hijacking A House

Recap

I don't really want to go back to Bridget's now that I know Marcus will be there because he'll be asking me more questions. The thought of him telling people about my dad is making me feel queasy. But I can hardly ask Seb, who is already in a filthy mood, to go out of his way to drop me home. So I sit in silence in the back and hope that when we get in, we can just go straight to bed.

I have a feeling that it might not quite work out like that though.


We pull up outside Seb and Bridget's house and we see lights on inside and even with the windows closed we can hear the music coming from the house.

"Oh God," Seb says, "I lent Baxter the key earlier on . . . what's he done?!"

We all jump out of the car and hurry up the gravel drive. Bridget has her key out but the front door is wide open. Before we've even reached it, someone staggers outside and throws up all down the side of the house. Seb's face turns even paler. But Marcus laughs.

"That's it, rude boy," he shouts, going up to the boy and thumping him roughly but jovially on the back. "You won't need to gun to throat now, mate, eh?"

I turn around to Izzie, wide eyed. She's looking rather shocked as well although she also looks rather pleased.

"Bridget, aren't your parents home?" she asks, pursing her lips hopefully.

Bridget shakes her head. "No. Mum's on a trip and Dad's on a shoot. Won't be back until Wednesday." Bridget then turns to Seb, looking pretty angry. "How could you give a nobhead like Baxter our house key?!" She snapped, folding her arms crossly.

"Look, before you start having a go at him," Marcus intervined quickly, "why don't we go and see what the damage is, yeah?"

So we go in. Their house has been transformed. The front room has been draped with red and purple throws and everyone seems to be wearing sahri's for some reason. In the middle, on the coffee table, there is a large set of tubes that sort of looks like a chemistry set.

"Oh for God's sake, Seb!" Bridget yells, rolling her eyes at the sight of it. "Seb, one of your stupid mates has set up a shisha in the middle of the living room!!"

"Oh lighten up Bridge," Marcus says, tickling her waist as he strolls by her. She giggles but bats him away irritably, not liking to be teased at a time like this. "Why don't you try a bit?"

"What's the point?" Bridget retorts sharply before marching away. I've never seen Bridget so pissed off; and I'm very sure I don't like this side of her. I mean, if I had all these people in my house I'd be really pleased!

"So Ella, what about you?" says Marcus, leaning in and slipping his arm around me. "You up for trying some shisha?"

"Er ... no thanks!" I say, quickly.

I'm about to hurry away when his hold on me changes. He twists me around and the way he has his arm around me, his hand lightly but firmly around my waist, is making me feel all tingly.

"Come on, it's only flavoured tabacco," he wheedles softly, seeing that I'm weakening. "I'll hold your hand?"

The next thing I know I'm sitting in a circle next to Marcus and a guy called Peggy with hair down to the ground. Someone is playing the bongos, I can smell incense sticks all around the room and someone has brought red strobe lights which go off every two minutes or so for about ten seconds at a time.

Marcus takes a deep drag from a weird hose thing and holds down the smoke before breathing it all out in one long breath. He passes it to me and I hold it dumbly, looking at him.

"All you do is sort of suck on it," he tells me. The rest of the circle laugh infantilely but Marcus, for once, ignores them. He holds my hand that's holding the hose and brings it gently up to my mouth. "All you have to do is breathe in deeply and don't breathe out until I say, OK?"

I nod, desperate to do it right. I can't help feeling it might be easier if there weren't all these people watching me. So I breathe in. And instantly cough like a trooper. My throat is dry and tickly and I can feel my face going red from the coughing. The people in the circle all laugh at me but not unkindly. More in a sort of knowing way.

"Don't worry, everyone coughs on their first attempt, try again."

So I do and after quite a few more 'tokes' on the hose, it does get easier. The smoke doesn't taste as much like strawberries as they said it would but the faint trace of them makes it more bearable.

"You know in South Africa," the long hairer guy next to me says, "This stuff is called 'hubbly bubbly'."

The tall girl with the shot bright violet hair bursts out laughing and shoves him in hysterics. The long haired guy lies down and the next second the violet haired girl and a boy with a sweeping dark brown fringe are both holding him down and tickling him. The boy has his tongue in his ear and the violet haired girl has her hand down the guy's . . .

I shoot an uncertain glance at Marcus but he's lying on his back with his hands behind his head, his eyes only just open, taking advantage of the calm, relaxed atmosphere.

I haven't realised until now how light headed I am. The smoke is having a very strange effect on me. Marcus shoots a glance at me.

"How you feeling? It it working for you?" He asks, stretching out his arms and laying one just behind where I'm sitting.

I nod slowly. "Yeah, I'm feeling OK."

He looks me straight in the eye. "Yeah?"

The way he's looking at me gives me that tingly feeling all over again and I smile shyly, not sure what to do about it.

Marcus's hand starts to roam around my bottom, slyly tucking a thumb into the side of my knickers.

Then suddenly, he whispers, "Come here," and he pulls me down gently beside him, his other hand still lingering around the top of my knickers. I look into his eyes and instantly I can feel myself melting and my heart speeding up. Electrical currents crackling between our bodies, it's like there's a magnetic force,

He pulls my body towards him, filling the gap between us. His warm body is right next to mine. Then I feel myself being drawn towards his lips, almost hypnotically, and he's leaning towards me . . .

Marcus is kissing me, putting boths of his hands on my lower back and pulling me right up against his body. I gasp as a tingly shiver goes through my hips. He's amazing. I know this because he makes the cold quivers nice.

I don't know how long we're kissing for but after a long while we pull apart. I'm gasping very slightly, not quite brave enough to meet his eyes.

I can feel his eyes on me and, slowly, I raise my gaze to meet his.

"Come on," he says in a low voice, "I want to show you something amazing . . . "
♠ ♠ ♠
That night was one of the most important of my life.
It was the night that I escaped myself.
Learned how to be a completely different person.
That was the night that everything changed . . .


Want to know why? Read the next one!