I Drive Myself Crazy

I lay awake...

“Forget it… Just forget it.” Sara walked to her room, just arriving from a date.

“How am I gonna forget it? This is your 3rd date on this week!” Ray ran behind her.

“So what? I don’t have the right to date now?”

“And what bout Frankie?”

“What bout him?”

“Oh, so you’re gonna tell me there’s nothing between the 2 of you… I’m not that stupid. You’ve been hanging out with him more than you do with me. And I’m the one who lives with you!” Sara got back to the living room to pick her purse, which she threw on the couch. She had been living with Ray for the past 2 years, but he wasn’t what you’d call her best friend, they were only roommates. Although both of them had a big crush on one another, none of them wanted to admit it.

“So what? Are you jealous? There’s nothing between Frankie and me. I’m just asking him a favor…”

“What kind of favor?” Sara turned to him.

“Why should I tell you? I’m not your g/f---” Ray cut her in the middle.

“No, you’re not my g/f, but that’s no reason for you to act like a slut!” Sara stopped. She looked at him.

“What did you just say?”

“You heard me…”

“So now I’m a slut…” Ray just stood there, hesitating between saying sorry or just reaffirm his last phrase. “Fine…” Sara went to her room and took a bag out of her closet.

“What are you doing?” Ray stood at the room’s entrance, not knowing what to do. Sara started to pick clothes and throw them into the bag.

“I guess you don’t wanna live with a slut, so I’m leaving…”

“But where are you going to?” Ray entered the room not quite sure yet, but his voice lowered the tone.

“Why should that care to you?” She yelled out. “As I’m a slut I must have plenty of lovers to pick a house.” She closed the zipper of her bag and walked out bumping on him purposely. He just stood there watching her leave till the door’s shut woke him up.

“What the hell have I done?” He said to no one in particular and fell on the floor.

.~

“Hello?” Frankie asked up the phone with a sleepy voice.

“Frankie?” Sara sobbed.

“Sara? What happens?”

“We had another fight… Can I stay at your place for a couple of days?”

“That’s the 4th one this week… Sure, you can come.”

“I’ll tell you everything when I get there, ok?”

“Ok…”

“Bye.” Sara hung up her phone and walked to the bus stop. Then she went to Frankie’s house. He opened the door.

“Hey, come on in. What happened?” Frankie let her in leading her to the spare room to leave her bag. She was crying. “Why are you carrying that bag?”

“We got into another fight. And… and… He called me a slut.” Sara broke in tears again. “I’m leaving… I can’t take him anymore.”

“He called you like that? What an asshole…” Both sat on the bed.

“And he thinks that there something going on between us. I tried to tell him that it was nothing, but he was so upset tonight. We started screaming each other… till he said that. I took my stuff and left. I had no where else to go…”

“You can stay here. The problem is that he’s gonna be even more convinced that we have something.”

“I know… I won’t stay much long. This is the first place he would look for me at.”

“Right. Well get some sleep and tomorrow we’ll see what can we do, ok?”

“Ok, thanks, Frankie.” Sara laid on the bed and Frankie left her alone. He was bout to call Ray, but he didn’t. Next morning, Sara woke up very late and arranged her stuff again. She took a shower and had lunch with Frankie.

“What are you gonna do?” He asked her later, inside her room while she picked up her last things she threw last night.

“I’m leaving this afternoon.”

“But you don’t have any other place to go.”

“I’ll see what I can do. I can’t stay here. I can’t go back with him.” Sara fell on the bed, Frankie sat beside her. Meanwhile Ray was driving to Frankie’s house, knowing that Sara would be there. “I dunno what else can I do… If he’s jealous why doesn’t he tell me?”

“I honestly don’t know…” Sara placed her head on Frankie’s shoulder and he placed his arm around her shoulder. Right then, Ray got in the house looking for her without making any noise. He heard Frankie and Sara in the room. “Are you sure you wanna do this?” Frankie said, and Ray misunderstood it.

“Positive… I’m sure.” Frankie held her closer and Ray got into the room.

“I knew it! You both had something!” Frankie and Sara startled. She got up. “Now you can’t deny it!” Frankie tried to say something but Sara stopped him.

“Don’t say anything, Frank.” Then she turned to Ray. “Look, I don’t care anymore what you think, cause I’m tired of repeating that there’s nothing between Frankie and I, and if there’s something why should that care to you? I told you the only thing going on here was that I’m asking him a favor! Maybe if you’d stop thinking with your dick you would get it!! And everything it was because of you!”

“Why because of me? Don’t blame me for--” Ray was going to start talking when she cut him off.

“Because I’m in love with you!!” Ray stood there speechless. “And all this time I’ve done what I’ve done to find out if you felt the same way I do. But I think you’re just like all men…” Sara got back to the room and took her bag and walked fast towards the door.

“Wait!” Ray grabbed her arm forcefully. “Where are you going?”

“Far away from you, that’s for sure. Bye, Frankie, and thanks for everything.” Sara let go her arm and walked out, shutting the door behind her. Ray stood there still in shock and Frankie stared at him.

“What?” Ray said to Frankie.

“Nothing, I just think she’s right.” Ray looked at Frankie who turned around and went to the kitchen…

After 3 days, Ray was still locked inside his house, calling day and night to her cell phone, knowing she wouldn’t answer it. Still he left tons of messages. He was worried to hell, cause she didn’t have anywhere to go, or so much money. It was hard for him to accept it, but he loved her, every time she left home for a date he was scared to death for what would happen if she’d leave him. Ray realized he was an asshole when he did all the things he did and said. Night was falling and started pouring outside, making Ray even more scared. She had to come back, and soon, otherwise he would go insane and would do something incredibly stupid.

In the other hand, Sara handled her problem as best as she could, with the money she still had, she got a room somewhere. Sara listened to every single message Ray left for her and cried her eyes out with them. She didn’t call back, she didn’t even call Frankie. When started pouring outside, she felt her cell ringing again. Knowing it was Ray she didn’t answer, but then she listened to his message.
“*Beep* Sara, please! Call me, say something, tell me you’re alive, I dunno, anything! Please, I’m going insane here, I know I was an asshole, but please… I know at this point you won’t come back, but the guilt is killing me… Please… say something… I love you.” The message ended and Sara took her stuff and left the room.

After his last message, Ray sat beside the window and watched the rain falling harder every time, increasing his worries. It was almost midnight, the sleepiness was defeating him, when suddenly he heard a knock at the door. Ray jumped awake and ran to then door crashing onto a table and almost bumping his nose against the door. He opened it just to find Sara soaking wet standing there. Ray froze.
“I love you too.” Sara gazed him straight into his eyes. He held her and kissed her mouth fierily.

“I was so worried bout you, get in…” Ray took her stuff and made her get in. “God! You’re gonna get a cold like that. Where were you? C’mon, we have to warm you up…” Ray took her to the kitchen where he boiled some water while he went for a towel and wrapped it around her after she got rid of her oozing jacket. Then he sat infront of her handing her a cup a coffee. “You had me worried to death, Sara.”

“I could know. I listened to every message you left me. I was so angry with you…”

“I could figure that out. Whatever I said I’m sorry. I had to loose you to know how much you mean to me… I love you, I really love you and…”

“But why, Ray? Why couldn’t you just tell me? I wouldn’t have killed you…”

“And why didn’t you tell me?”

“How could I if every day you arrived home with different story bout girls? Even if they weren’t truth how am I supposed to fight against everything you told me? And Frankie and I thought that making you jealous would work… and it did, but in other way. After that our fights became unbearable, till that night.”

“That was the favor you were asking him?”

“Yes. Everything was because of you… Until when did I have to say that there was nothing between him and me?”

“I’m sorry, Sara…” Ray faced the table. “I was stupid… I didn’t know what to think.”

“I understand that. But to call me like you did?”

“I know that’s not truth. I was just angry. People say wrong things when they are angry. Forgive me please, I didn’t mean it.” Ray looked again at her and she left the cup over the table to wrap her hands around his face and kiss him.

“I know you didn’t mean it, it just hurted.” Ray held her and kissed her again.

Before they could note it, there were climbing the stairs towards Ray’s room. The towel was forgotten somewhere in the kitchen. Ray began to unbutton her blouse and he took it off her just before she reaches the bed’s edge and fall onto the bed with him on top. Sara slid her hands under his shirt and took it off as well. Ray lifted himself up a little just to stare at her as she unclasped her bra and took it off. Ray stared at her with his mouth open.

“God…” Ray was speechless. Sara smiled and brought him to her, kissing him deeply again, his hands began caressing her breasts and she left out a few moans on his mouth. Ray slid his hands across her stomach to reach the 3 buttons of her pants, undo them and kick them to the floor. Sara did the same with his jeans, which soon enough were on the floor. Ray kissed her neck, then her shoulder making his way to her breast. Sara buried her fingers into his curls, caressing his nape with her nails. He started to gently suck one of her breast, massaging the other one with his hand, then he switched doing the same on the other breast. He made his way lower, kissing her stomach at the same time he slid her panties off. With a smirk, he lowered his head and licked her slit making her jump.

“Fuck!”

“I’ll take it as you like it.” He said. She just nodded as he kept working his tongue in her clit. She bucked her hips unconsciously as Ray entered her with 2 fingers.

“Holy--!!” She couldn’t say anything else and her body started to shake with her orgasm. Ray started to kiss her thighs slowly bringing her down. Sara still had his head between her hands and slowly made him to go up. Ray kissed her neck once again going to her ear.

“I must confess I always thought you where beautiful, but I was wrong. You’re absolutely amazing!” He whispered to her ear as his breaths quickened when she rubbed her tight lightly against the bulge on his boxers. She lifted her legs high enough to grab his boxers and slide them off, and she grabbed his dick pumping it slowly. “Stop teasing me, girl!” He said looking at her with a smile.

“You know what to do to make me stop…” She said slyly with a half smile. He leaned over her and kissed one more time as he entered her slowly. Sara broke the kiss at the feeling of him getting inside her; her expression was a mix of pleasure, pain and happiness.

“Are you ok?” He asked kissing her cheek.

“Yes… keep going.” Sara kissed him again and he began pumping into her slowly at first. “Faster, RayRay…” She said. And he did so.

“Mmm… I love this!” He moved faster, getting more of himself into her.

“I know exactly what you mean…” Sara placed her legs around his hips pushing him even deeper inside. She bit her lip to keep herself from screaming, but the feeling was beyond her control. “C’mon, Ray … harder!”

“As you wish…” He got to say. Their hips met at every frenetic thrust, her before cold body was now burning at the feeling of Ray’s skin crashing with hers. “You… are… so… tight… Sara…” Ray blurted out before their mouths meet on another fiery kiss.

“Oh… Shit!” Sara screamed out. One last thrust and they both collapsed together. Ray fell on top of her now weak body, loving even more the feeling of being inside her. “I can’t believe we took so long to do this.” She said still breathing hard.

“Uh huh…” Was all he could say. Ray slid off her and laid on bed facing the ceiling and rolling her over. Sara placed her head on his chest hearing his heartbeat, getting their breaths back to normal. “I’m sorry for everything I said.” Ray said kissing her forehead. She propped herself on one elbow looking at him.

“I’m sorry you’re such an ass.” Sara said smiling. Before he could say something, her lips met his again on a hungry kiss and then going down leaving a wet trail down his chest…