Fight For A Reason.

How Should I Feel?

When they first came outside the restaurant, Gerard took Frank’s hand and started walking, but Frank wouldn’t follow. Gerard turned his face against Frank to see if there were any problems. Frank stared expressionless across the road. All Gerard could see was two people kissing. He didn’t get it.

“What’s wrong with a man and a woman kissing, if I dare ask?”

“He replaced me with a woman… A FUCKING WOMAN!”

When Gerard finally understood who Frank glared at, he still didn’t get why Frank was so upset. Wasn’t Frank over that devil-looking guy yet? To be honest, he still looked like the devil. Gerard shrugged, wondering why people would date the beast itself.

“Come on, let’s give James some privacy too.”

He pulled Frank’s hand, and began to walk again. This time Frank followed. They walked home hand in hand, without saying a word. Before entering the apartment, Frank released himself from Gerard’s grip, and sat down on a bench behind them. He sighed as he held his face in his hands.

“I’m sorry for what happened before. I really thought I was over James,” Frank mumbled and looked Gerard in the eyes. Gerard wouldn’t meet Frank’s glaze.

“You aren’t? I mean… I just… I can’t be with you when you’re in love with someone else.”

“It’s not that. I am in love with you, Gerard.”

Frank grabbed Gerard’s hands, pulled him down, and made him sit on the bench next to him.

“But I still care about James, and that really bugs me. But it’s not like I’m going to get back together with him!” Frank placed his hand on Gerard’s thigh, just resting it there. “I’d never do that after what he did to me. And I wouldn’t do that to you either.”

“You sure about that?”

Frank nodded, which made Gerard happy. It was after all the answer he’d been looking for. For a while they just sat there, both just as much distant, but their hands still connected them. Frank was wondering about who James’ girlfriend was. He somehow didn’t manage to let it go. But at the same time he thought about his relationship with Gerard.
He knew he was in love with Gerard, he felt it when he just looked at him.

Gerard thought about their relationship too. Was it even something worth calling a relationship? When Frank still cared about what his ex did? Gerard shook his head, got up and walked inside without a word. Frank’s empty glance followed him. He didn’t go after him. They needed some time on their own, both of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment. ^^