Writing Words To The Music In Her Head

Dare Or Dare

The awkwardness was washed away when Tré shouted a 'who wants popcorn?!' and all the guys ran into the kitchen.
Lucy looked up at me. I could sense how insecure she was, it really screamed from her. She stood there with her arms crossed, legs close to each other and looked down at her feet, her hair hanging down in front of her face. I felt so sorry for her.

“Hey, Luce?” I tapped her on the shoulder and she looked up. “Don't worry. They're cool guys.”

“Yeah, but...”, she mumbled back. “Do I look strange or something? Cause it felt like they really stared at me.”

“They are teenage boys, Lucy”, I explained. “They don't know how to approach a hot girl like you. They're just as insecure as you are.”

Lucy just nodded and I hugged her. Yeah, I know I told you I'm not a body contact kind off person, but when someone looked like they needed a hug, I was always first in line to give them one. Because I wanted people to treat me like that, too.

Right in that second I heard a loud 'OH SHIT!' from Billie and something that popped, several times. Me and Lucy walked into the kitchen.

“What is happening in here?” I asked worriedly as I saw they guys staring into the microwave with big eyes.

“Come on here”, Mike yelled and waved at us to come closer. “It's like a fucking circus in there. The bag just keeps getting bigger and bigger.”

Billie and Tré nodded with excitement.

What was it with those guys?

“Have you been smoking something?” I asked. “It's just a freaking popcorn bag.”

Lucy giggled next to me and I smiled at her. She needed a little support.

The guys shrugged me off and took out the popcorn bag, and brought all the stuff downstairs to the basement. With stuff I meant popcorn, soda and a movie.
When we were in the basement I came across a thought. Billie, Mike, Tré and Lucy sat down on the couch, but I stood up still.

“What is it?” Billie asked. His green eyes pierced into my soul.

I shook it off.

“Um, can you guys make a promise?” I asked.

They didn't answer, just looked at me. Waiting.

“Promise not to do any kinds of drugs tonight”, I pleaded. “It'd just make me and Lucy uncomfortable anyway.”

Their faces screamed 'no way'.

“Alright”, Mike said. “We wont.”

I opened my mouth in shock, but closed it again. Mike was doing me a favor, and it was nice of him, even though Billie looked like he was about to object. Mike just gave him a sideways glance that said more than a thousand words, so Billie didn't say anything.

I sat down between Lucy and Tré and the movie started. It was a lame excuse for a comedy, really just boring. Lucy was the only one that laughed at the right places, while the rest of us just sat there, frowning. I think that Mike and Billie fell asleep right at the beginning, while Tré and I tried our best to see the point in all the so called 'jokes' that Lucy laughed so hard at.
I was happy that Lucy liked it, though. But I think she just laughed because she was nervous and wanted an excuse to let it all out. So a lame comedy was kind off a good choice anyway, so that Lucy could let out her nervousness. Was that even a word? I decided it was.

* * * * *

Tré shook Mike while I tried to wake Billie up. They were hopeless. It had gone an hour since the movie ended and during that time we just talked and ate the popcorns up. Luckily Tré got us some chips.
But Mike and Billie wouldn't even wake up by the smell of chips. Sour cream and onions, my favorite. They just slept in the couch. Hopeless 'men'.

“Why don't you just play something on the drums to wake them up?” Lucy asked with her eyes in the little mirror she always carried in her bag, adding a little mascara on her already long, black eyelashes.

“That's actually a very good idea”, Tré agreed and grinned.

“Don't”, I said.

I mean come on – who wanted to be waken up in that way?

But Tré ignored me and slammed the drums like a mad monkey with drugs in its blood. Yeah, seriously.

Billie jumped up from the couch and stared around in the room. Mike just groaned where he lay in the couch and lay down more comfortable.

Billie just ran up to Tré's drum set and slapped Tré across the face.

“What the fuck, man?” Billie yelled. His pants were hanging loosely on his hips and he had still a sleepy look on his face. His yellow hair was messier than usual. “Never scare me like that again!”

“Bitch-fight!” Came from Mike, who looked up to see what was happening.

“Can't promise you that”, Tré grinned. He looked like such a child. “But it woke you up, didn't it? The best part of a sleep over is no sleep, right?”

Billie shrugged. “I can't do that without smoking a joint.” His eyes instantly met mine.

“Don't look at me.” I held up my hands. “You promised.”

“Wrong”, Billie retorted. “Mike promised.”

Mike just yawned.

“Aw, come on guys!” Lucy said in her usual, happy voice. “Can't we do something fun? Like, play truth or dare?”

“Yeah, we could do that”, Mike shrugged.

* * * *

“Why are we sitting on the floor?” Billie asked.

“We have to see each other”, Lucy explained. “And we can´'t see each other if we all sit next to one another on the couch, right?”

Billie nodded. He was so grumpy, but in some way it made me want to hug him. I didn't know what went through his mind, but I wanted to know.

“I'll start with Sarah”, Lucy said. “Sarah, truth or dare?”

“Truth”, I said.

“Who are you in love with?” She asked.

Suddenly Billie and Mike looked very interested.

“No one”, I answered. “And this is a stupid game. Do we have to add 'truth'? Everyone is gonna pick 'truth', anyway.”

“Sure, we play 'Dare or Dare', then”, Tré decided.

“Okay, then I dare Mike to... do 5 push ups!” I said.

“Lame!” Billie shouted and did the thumbs down. I just laughed.

After been forced to eat a spoon of pure salt, peck Lucy on the lips and witnessing everyone else do stupid, but not extreme, things, Lucy was the one to do the dare. She had told me that she was going to give me a dare I would like, but I wasn't sure what she thought that I would like. It made me feel nervous.

“I've probably lost 20 pounds just tonight”, Mike said after he had done 5 more push ups. The poor guy had only got that dare, from everyone, tonight.

“Yeah, yeah.” Billie rolled his eyes. “Just dare someone.”

“Okay... Sarah”, Mike smiled.

I smiled back.

“I dare you to kiss me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm already on my tenth chapter! Woho for me!

And by the way, sorry for the wait. I've had a writers block.

xx /Freeny