Writing Words To The Music In Her Head

Adie

Adie.

The name penetrated through my thoughts like a missile and wouldn't seem to leave my mind. And it unmistakably wouldn't leave Billie's head either, but for a whole other cause.
It made me so angry, seeing him smile at me all the time, because someone else made him happy. All he spoke about was her; Adie, Adie, Adie. And they hadn't even kissed yet.
I mean, sure, I should be really happy for him feeling better and all; but I just couldn't. He was too annoying with that little smirk plastered on his face. It was obviously taped on with some super-glue that made it impossible to go away. Not to mention his voice whenever he spoke her name... Safe to say; it irritated me to no end.
If he just saw himself after whenever he'd just been on the phone with her or had had some kind off contact with her, he'd get my point. He'd see that grin which could only be reflected as a show off-smirk that said ”yeah, I'm doing good with tha ladiiieees..”.

When it all came down to it; Adie didn't mean shit to him. He had just been depressed for a while because no one of the opposite sex of his had payed any attention his bathing suit area lately. Now that he had a shot on it, he couldn't help but acting out in happiness.
Okay, now I wasn't being very nice...

But was he being very nice to me? Ever since Adie came into the picture (half a week ago), he obviously thought that his flirting wasn't just meant for her, but everyone. Especially me.
Maybe I was some kind off test animal to him? Whenever he came over, which was every day, he laughed and acted all cute and snuggly. He even hugged me when we said our goodbye's for the evening.
I mean; fuck! Who had ever allowed him to do anything like that?

He had gone from acting like he hated me, till acting like he loved me. For real.
And just as I stood there in the middle of the mall, right next to Billie Joe, I thought all these bitter thoughts.

”You should give him something he can wear,” Billie suggested. ”Like a tie, underwear...”

”Well, that was the most interesting suggestions I've ever heard,” I snorted sarcastically. ”And he wouldn't even like that stuff anyway.”

”Well, sorry for trying to help,” Billie muttered and looked away.

He was obviously hurt. Good.

We roamed around the stores for a while, ending up in the same old CD-store we used to. There were no other stores in this shitty mall that interested me anyway. And a CD isn't such a bad birthday-present to your brother is it? It showed that I had interest in his music-taste and wanted him to have some good music to listen to... (Congratulations, Einstein. You're a genius.)

But which CD's of the band he liked, didn't he have? I guess that was Billie's job to find out.

I tapped him on the shoulder, ”hey, Billie, what CD does Tré want?”

He shrugged and looked down on a CD he held in his hands. It was some 'absolute love songs' record and he turned it and checked which songs was on it.

”Do you think Adie'd like this kind off record?” He asked, deep in thoughts.

I laughed out loud.

”Are you kidding me?” I giggled. ”God, you're gay.”

He flinched at that term. Gay.

”Shut up,” he hissed as his cheeks turned red.

”Jeez, tough subject,” I teased.

He just glared angrily at me.

”Gay,” I coughed out and started laughing again.

He just rolled his eyes. ”I'm gonna get you...”

And then he kind off sprang towards me like an animal. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me away from him. Out of the store, out of the mall, towards the park that appeared close-by. How many times had Mike and I sat on a bench and made out here?
I couldn't care less with Billie running after me. I felt my breathing become heavier and my speed decelerating. He caught up with me then, and pushed me to the ground.

I turned around angrily where I lay and squinted with my eyes as I looked at him.

”And what did you think you'd do to me now?” I asked.

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

”I don't know,” he eventually shrugged. ”Wanna go back to the store?”

”Sure.”

Of course it was funnier to be around Billie when he acted happy, or at least it should be. As much as I tried, I just couldn't ignore his complains about not being around Adie, missing Adie, wanting to hug Adie...
When we sat down in a Café, having ordered some food, he just wouldn't shut up about her. He even asked me about how he would come on to her the next time they'd go out.
I flinched at the question and grimaced to him. I told him that all girls were different, obviously, and that he'd just do what he felt was right for the moment.
Yeah, I was even helping him out with this. But the only reason I did it, was because I knew he would smile that irresistible, thankful smile that I loved seeing him wear. I had to bite my lip not to caress his leg with my foot under the table, or something else just as inappropriate.

“So, Mike's coming over to your house tonight?” Billie asked, sort of changing the subject but not really.

“Yeah,” I answered.

He would sleep over and I knew that he was going to try and convince me to sleep with him. Yeah, we hadn't done it, yet. And I admit that yes, I was an immature fuck for still calling sex it.

And, as if Billie had just read my thoughts, he wiggled his eyebrows teasingly. I felt myself blush and I hit his arm. And at the same time, it made me wonder if he and Mike had talked about “how to come on to me”, just like me and Billie spoke about Adie today.
The thought made me wince. That would be seriously too much information about their conversations... Or would it? I caught myself feeling curious. What did they really say about me? They weren't assholes, so they obviously wouldn't speak about me that way... At least I wanted to believe that.

I sighed, I wouldn't waste my thoughts on what they said about me.

“So, when are you seeing Adie?” I said, just to keep the conversation going.

Not that I gave a fuck about when he met up with Adie... I mentally coughed.

“Tonight,” he beamed.

And of course, he had to smile that irresistible smile that I loved and hated.

“Aw,” I heard myself say. “Good luck!”

“Thanks,” he smiled. “I've got a good feeling about her.”

I smiled to him, but inwardly I screamed my lungs empty. I hated Adie, I hated the thought of her with Billie. I knew that they'd have a great fucking time tonight. I knew it.

And I was stuck with Mike. Great.