Lilacrollus: The First Moon

The Festival Of The Lilacs

“Carlisia! Come and help me with the baskets! The festival will begin soon!” screamed a woman from the streets. “Coming mother!” screamed Carlisia. Today was “Il Festival Dei Lilla” or “The Festival of The Lilacs” in the honor of Lilacrollus, Goddes Of The Earth, and “Contessa Della Prima Luna” or Duchess Of The First Moon. The festival was in the format of decorating the Processionist Church Of The Moons with purple lilacs in honor of Lilacrollus. “Carlisia! Lilacrollus we’ll be mad! Hurry up!” screamed Carlisia’s mother again. “Mother, calm down!” she screamed.

They we’re both prepared and ready to go to the festival. The whole Utopiallan Central Square Plaza was filled with all types of lilacs just for Lilacrollus. The Plaza had booths filled with traditional foods and folklorish games. Also, the “Plaza” was divided into four sides. North, South, East, and West. Each one had a meaning. North meant beauty. South meant leisure. East meant folklore and magic. West meant wisdom and intelligence. A custom in the festival

“Well, Carlisia… Carlisia?” said Carlisias’ mother. Carlisia was not with her. But, she knew where she was. In the East Side of the “Plaza”, since Carlisia loved her city’s folklore and magic. She was found in one of the booths of outside artifacts, from the “Outsiding Realms Above”. “Carlisia! Don’t pull that stunt again young lady!” said her mother in a worried tone. But, she didn’t listen. She was frazzled.

Carlisia wandered her mind. She saw a rare artifact. A round one. It was black with stripes all over. “Excuse me but, what is this object?” asked Carlisia. “It is called a “tire” it used on something that the “Other Realmers” use for transportation, they call it a ‘car’ or ‘vehicle’”. “Wow!” she screamed.

Carlisia went with her mother to the West End, where her mother obliged her to go since she was never interested in her studies. “Mother, what would you do if I said that I wanted to go to the other realm?” Carlisia asked. “ You mean to that place called… uhm, ‘Veniciali’?”. “Mother, it’s called Venice.” “When you are older. Now study!”

Carlisia sighed. She could only think of Venice and the wonders of the upper city.