Lilacrollus: The First Moon

The Courage Of A Dreamer

As Carlisia wandered through the streets of Utopialla, many leaves surrounded her in a circle. She knew there was a presence. “Hello? Is someone there?” Carlisia said in whispered voice. Carlisia saw one of the light bulbs flicker in one of the streetlights. Utopialla had no light. Only the reflection of the moons and the faint glow of the streetlights.

Suddenly, purple lilacs sprang up, creating a ring of flowers around Carlisia.

“Carlisia, come hither.” said a womanly voice.

“Who’s there?” asked Carlisia.

“It is I, Lilacrollus, Mother Of The Earth” said a powerfull voice.

“Oh, hello!” Carlisia bowed at the sight of the goddess.

“I do not have much time. The moons are about to collide.” said Lilacrollus.

“Collide…?” asked Carlisia.

“Yes, the moons will align only for you. When the moons collide, four wishes will be granted.

Yours is one of them. Yours is the only one.” said Lilacrollus

“Why is mine the only one?” asked Carlisia.

“People are losing faith in the gods. We are disappearing from their dreams. But you, Carlisia darling, we are still here and we are in your wishes and dreams. You pray every day and your wish will be granted at the ‘Quarter of the Eclipse’.”

“But where shall I go? What was my wish? I have many wishes!”

“Carlisia… I must go. When the time comes, you will know the answers to all your doubts.”

As Lilacrollus spoke her final words before departing, the lilacs wilted and Carlisia kept going in her original route, to her mother’s shop. Her mother was a seamstress and the owner of the shop. She designed and tailored dresses exclusively for special customers.
Carlisia kept quiet about her meeting with the goddess but then she encountered another appearance from Lilacrollus. She said, “A journey… pack. Be prepared.” Those were Lilacrollus’ final words.

Carlisia went straight up her to her room and only packed. And she waited. Only waiting. Looking up at the moons. Praying to the gods. She was happy that her wishes would come true. But she didn’t know which one. Until she re-thought those words. “A journey…”. She knew what her wish was now. She then looked up again and notice, it was time. “Quarter of the Eclipse”

She packed, left a note on the mirror in her room, and escaped through the window.