Lilacrollus: The First Moon

The Market Of The White Flower

“Oh my gosh it’s the apocalypse.” Carlisia said sarcastically. It had been about a week since the event’s concerning the meeting of Jacqueline and “Evangeline” and everything had changed… completely. Today was the day that a Venecian tradition started. It was called “La Chiesa Apertura” or The Church Initiation. “La Chiesa Apertura” was consisted of one of the spouses had to move in with the other spouse for a period time. Then, if there was no objection to the period of time, they we’re accepted into the church and they could get married.

Carlisia and Allysia had become really close. More like sisters. They did everything together. One day she decided to go and bake cookies with Allysia. Carlisia had the ability to cook, bake, mix, stir, simmer and everything in between. Allysia was happy that she could eat something in the evening that wouldn’t be cabbage soup and chunks of bread filled with marinated cheese. No one knew had could Angelo marinate cheese.

“Yum! Auntie’s famous cookies!” Allysia screamed in ecstasy.

“Uhm, principessa, you can’t say I’m your auntie anymore. The devil said you couldn’t call me that way.” Carlisia retorted.

“Ugh, Jacqueline is…” Allysia stopped. She couldn’t dare say that she was her mother. For by law she was, but by biological reasons she wasn’t.

“Bon Jour Mon Petite!” screamed Jacqueline.

“Uhm, hello.” Said Carlisia.

“I believe I was talking to the other mon petite.” Said Jacqueline.

“Carlisia…” sighed a voice.

“Hmmmm…?” questioned Carlisia.

“What is wrong with you? You are going crazy?” said Jacqueline.

“Nothing… I must go outside. See the canals.” Carlisia responded.

She went outside of the Ca’ and look both ways. To one side she saw the road to Plazza Santa Maria De Formosa. Her favorite place in Venice. To the other side she saw… lilacs.

As Carlisia saw those flowers, the flowers sprang up and made road of flowers for her to follow. And so she did.

She followed the flowers to the local flower shop. “La Marquecina De La Fiori Bianchi”. The Market Of The White Flower? Was Lilacrollus sending a message? A warning perhaps?

As she said that the flowers surrounding her spelled out letters.

F-A-K-E

Fake.

L-O-V-E

Fake…love?

D-E-V-I-L

Fake love… devil?

A pause erupted in the flowers. Carlisia wrote down these words.

S-E-A-R-C-H-I-N-G

Searching…?

4

“Oh! Searching for…” Carlisia thought.

T-I-T-L-E

“Searching for title…” Carlisia pondered on this thought.

Then the flowers bloomed up and sprang to Carlisia’s bust line. The flowers had a message inside them. A small, sand like paper. It read:

“To thee who knoweths the devils pride, please don’t forsake, show her a ride”

“A mission.” Carlisia was sure of that. Another paper sprang up.

“To thee who knows the mission beyond, know that the road you lead is far”

Another paper.

“The game has changed, it’s all in your favor, all is good but one mission per savior”

Carlisia knew what this meant. The gods took pity on her. They gave her a willing chance. As the flower died the merchant came up and said.

“ You know you have to pay for that right?”