Drunk in Paris

Je suis comme le roi d'un pays pluvieux,

“How long are you here?”
Billie opened his eyes, looking down on me drawing circles across his bare chest.
“I don’t have to be back till Friday” He sighed pushing his head up against the pillow, arms tightening ever so slightly around me.
“Two days huh” I grinned kissing his stomach softly.
He smirked, running a hand through my hair, “I plan on staying in this ridiculously comfy bed for that all of that time too.”
I smiled, joining him at the top of the bed.
“I pictured you living in a place like this, everything’s all neat and flowery and homely. It suits you.” He moaned softly, closing his eyes once more, just verging on a dreamy sleep.
I watched him turn towards me and finally close those eyelids of his, his breathing softened and his grip on my hand loosened. I was far too ecstatic to sleep, the adrenalin of him lying naked in the bed next to me made it impossible for my thoughts to slow down. The prospect of our future together delighted and terrified me. Could we ever actually work again? Was this just him needing closure and a simple night together would be enough for him to move on? That scared me, because to me, this had been the best night of my life in this city so far.

I suddenly felt for the girl he had met, what was her name? Sarah? I couldn’t remember any of the friends Brittany introduced me to called Sarah. She must be a decent girl and if he had the effect on her that he did on me…I wouldn’t wish the pain of his loss on anyone.
I had my chance and I blew it, maybe I should just stay out of his life, we were okay now and maybe that’s all that matters. That’s all I should have, maybe I can live better knowing that he didn’t hate me, however I don’t think my heart could match my brain in that part.
Then there is the ever existent presence of damn Charles. My stomach bubbled at the thought of that man. Why was he such a megalomaniac?
Maybe I should just run away with Billie…we’d run off hand in hand into a fiery sunset, nothing else mattered, nothing else existing but us…

If only life was that simple. I turned from my blackened thoughts to stare at his soft sleeping face, how could I sleep when he looked so perfect right now?
I wanted to lie here, staring at this beautiful face forever but now every time my eyes darted over his high cheekbones, or perfect lips I felt guilty, my eyes didn’t deserve to be taking in these features. I felt a guilt that I had never felt before, the clear realisation that I wasn’t good enough for him.

My alarm rang shrilly at seven o’clock. Groaning I reached over and pressed the button to stop the annoying noise. I stretched out and turned my head to see him still fast asleep. My heart thudded, last night obviously hadn’t been a dream then. I silently got up from the bed and shuffled into the bathroom. I sighed as I dropped the straps to my night dress, letting the silk fall in a puddle at my feet as I waddled into the shower. Turning the faucet and letting the hot water wash across my body.
The steam cleared my head and I sighed as I began to rub shampoo into my damp scalp. We needed to talk, that was obvious, I couldn’t keep cramming all my thoughts around my head anymore, and I had to clear this trunk of old baggage. I was quite surprised that I hadn’t awoken to an empty bed.
Turning around I reached for more shampoo when I saw a pair of glinting jade eyes amongst the mist.
I screamed.
“Billie what are you doing? You almost gave me a heart attack!”
That crooked smile appeared under his nose, I gasped as my eyes traced his very naked body in front of me.
“I’m having a shower Ava, good morning to you too.”
I shook my head as he walked past me and under the steaming shower head, dampening his hair that suddenly turned vibrant shiny black. My eyes traced his garish tattoos for a moment before he turned around, withholding a smile, like it was completely normal to just wake up strip bare ass nude and follow me into the shower. Damn him, he knew that he had just sent my brain to blank…
He coughed quietly and my eyes shot up to meet his,
“Ava, seriously can you just let me shower?”
I frowned, my mouth dropping, “Excuse me! I wasn’t finished, you can’t just come barging…”
His mouth suddenly attached itself to mine and I immediately moaned at his warm taste, god damn he knew that I would turn to jelly as soon as he did that.
It took all my strength to pull away and as I opened me eyes they were immediately met with his annoyingly sexy grin. I raised my eyebrow haughtily. Before turning on my heel and heading to the door of the shower. He wasn’t going to win this, despite his amazingly hot, wet damn fucking sexy ass…
“Hey, hey, where the hell are you going?”
He reached out and pulled my damp arm backwards, I was just about to turn and smugly yell at him to kindly remove his hand when my foot slipped and I plummeted backwards onto the tiles, dragging him down with me.
The cold wet floor hit my skin and we both yelled as the slam of our bodies erupted against the porcelain tiles. Despite the small pain we immediately both burst out laughing as the crumbled pile of limbs that had become each other tried to sit up under the drenching faucet.
Giggling furiously I tried shifting upwards only to slip once more and fall back down onto Billie who made a small ‘humph’ noise.
“Sorry…” I howled with laughter as I managed to slide across the floor, shifting positions so we were both kneeling opposite each other, so close our noses were brushing.
“You are so clumsy…” Billie chuckled, drops of water running across the point of his nose and down his open lip.
“Oh I’m sorry are you the one who interrupted my shower and then nearly killed me?”
“You nearly killed me by falling on me!”
“Billie you pulled me back!”
I was grossly aware that his hands had found there way to my lower back and I bit lip as he shifted himself closer to me.
“You loved my shower interruption, your eyes nearly popped from your skull, so don’t act like you didn’t like it…”
I frowned, “I didn’t actually, I don’t know about you but I don’t want to crack my head open on the shower floor and die nude and wet in the shower with you.”
Those jade eyes glinted, “See now that’s the difference between me and you because that’s how I ideally would love to die.”
I shook my head, my fingers springing to life and tracking upwards to run through his thick soaking locks, “That’s a rather debauched and dirty way to go”
“It is isn’t it? But I am rather dirty and debauched in general so I guess you need to do something about it…fancy grabbing that sponge?”
He leaned forwards and our lips crashed together, his teeth biting my lip softly as my hands traced down his wet muscular chest,
“I’m … not…grabbing…anything this morning…and…I…think… you… are… quite… capable…to clean….yourself…actually”
Billie grinned; he had an answer for everything,
“Well you see I haven’t got any free hands, I appear to have some hot naked wet girl sitting on my lap…”
I chuckled as my lips moved down towards his ear, “I guess it’s your lucky day then…”

I was brushing my hair and smirking to myself in utter amusement as Billie rattled around my kitchen for some coffee. Smiling widely now, I put down the ivory hair brush and sighed as I heard him slam a few cupboard doors simultaneously.
Suddenly I jumped as Billie’s cell began ringing through the bedroom. I picked up the noisy black object that was slowly moving to the edge of the bed.
Sarah flashed across the screen.
My heart stopped and I swallowed, slowly walking to the kitchen to hand Billie the annoyance that had decided to stop ringing. He sat at the kitchen table, his palms hugging a hot mug of coffee.
My appearance met with his grin,
“Hey Gorgeous, what’s up?”
“Your phone was ringing, here.”
“Oh thanks” he took the object from my palm and opened it. I turned my back and poured myself an orange juice as he typed away, the annoying clicks making me more anxious by the second.
“Who was it?” I asked sitting down opposite him.
“Oh…Tre” he shrugged, shoving the object in his pocket.
I nodded, my stomach plummeting, “is he okay?”
“Yeah, yeah, just checking on me”
My heart thudded and I stood up abruptly, his head snapping up to witness my actions.
“Where are you going?”
“Work” I snapped quite harshly, “You can loiter here if you wish, maybe follow me down to the shop?”
Billie smiled awkwardly, “O-kay… err, I’ll get my stuff from my hotel shall I? Then meet you there later?”
I didn’t acknowledge him; instead I took hold of my coat from the cloak stand and fastened it.
“See you later then” I sighed slamming the door after me and not waiting for a reply.

I sat against the glass cabinet, mulling over everything that had happened yesterday and also, this morning.
He lied to me and yes okay I shouldn’t be the one to preach about lying but it still hurt. Maybe he was getting me back, but real relationships didn’t work like that did they? It was my own fault, maybe I shouldn’t have slept with him in the first place, but how could I say no? Of course I couldn’t resist him…maybe he lied because he didn’t want to hurt me.

The bell tolled and here he was strutting through the door of the shop, his new leather jacket, tight jeans, sunglasses and a smutty smirk.
A few students in the corner who were squabbling over a pair of sequined high heels turned around, their mouths dropping at him waltzing through the shop so leisurely.
They began whispering excitedly, forgetting the argument over the shoes and now just staring at the singer in disbelief. I rolled my eyes as he waltzed over to me behind the counter,
“Hey” he kissed my cheek and the girls gasped.
Billie swung round like a shot at the sound, glancing at the girls before turning back to me looking slightly worried.
“I didn’t think anybody was in here.”
“Excuse me” I smirked, “This is a very popular store…”
“What for the very few people in Paris who dress like you?”
I smiled, “Did you or did you not buy that jacket from here yesterday and I’m guessing those two over there are fans of yours so I’d watch what you say, French or not…”
Billie chuckled, “yeah you’re probably right”.
And with that, quick as a shot the girls were over, asking for autographs and photos. I watched on proudly as they giggled, scampering out of the shop with a signed magazine excitedly.
He turned to me, smiling, that was obviously a normal routine to him, he continued as if it had never even taken place.
“I got you a present.”
I sat up from leaning on the glass beneath me.
“What?”
He smirked and lifted up a bag that I didn’t even notice he had.
“This is for you”
I frowned, “What are you doing?”
He tapped his nose and I took the carrier bag from his hands slowly. Looking inside the smell of plastic hit my nose and I slowly reached forwards pulling out a carefully wrapped square box.
“What’s this?”
My heart hammered as I tore away the paper to reveal a black leather jewellers’ box.
I bit my lip as I opened the casing slowly with a ‘clamp!’ sound. I gasped as inside sat two enormous circular diamond earrings. They were beautiful, tiny threads of blue and pink shone through them as the light hit their encrusted surface.
“Like them?” he asked as I stared at the diamonds in a small trance.
I nodded, finally looking up at him, “They are beautiful, but Billie, god they must have been so expensive and I …I don’t deserve them at all…”
He smiled at me as I carefully ran my thumb over the precious stones.
“I can’t possibly take these from you…”
“You can and you will. They are for you and I want you to wear them for when I’m not here.”
My stomach plummeted, when he’s not here? In all of the crazed thoughts I forgot he had to go back home. Now he was here I seemed to switch to autopilot and just assumed that he would stay forever…damn my silliness.
“Put them on then!”
I giggled, carefully removing my original earrings and placing these new diamond rocks in my ears.
“Woah, yeah, they look perfect.” His eyes squinted in delight and I smiled at those small lines framing his amused eyes before skipping around the counter and kissing him hard on the mouth.
“Thank you so much.”
“No problem” he grinned running a hand up my side tenderly.
“I moved my bag from the hotel to your place…hope ya don’t mind.”
“Isn’t that a wasted hotel room and why would I mind?” I asked my arms still firmly around his neck.
“Well, it’s not wasted because I didn’t pay for it and well, I dunno you seemed a little pissed this morning when I mentioned it.”
I shook my head, “Sorry” I sighed desperate to change the subject, “hey…err, maybe I can cook for us tonight to say thank you for these…” I gestured to my ear lobe, “Although it’s not exactly on the same level…” I smiled.
Billie chuckled, “Sounds great.”
The earrings were beautiful but I felt strange about them, I received gifts like this from Charles and Richard. I loved Billie because he was different, he didn’t feel the need to buy lavish presents, I liked the simple beauty to him, but these…these magnificent rocks currently weighing down my ears where far from simple.

Was it because he felt guilty over the Sarah thing? I was definitely uneasy, the lusher the present the guiltier the man felt. I knew this from past experiences. I was worried. This wasn’t normal behaviour for him and I was too scared to address it.