Drunk in Paris

Avec ses vêtements ondoyants et nacrés

“SERIOUSLY?”
“Sometimes you just gotta get naked to make a show!” I cackled rolling over on the mattress next to him. We had been sitting up here in Billie’s huge hotel room talking and drinking for the last hour. My shoes had been kicked off and Billie had changed into a scruffy looking t-shirt to discuss all kind of random and various things, surrounded by candy wrappers and empty wine bottles. The current topic of conversation was the many occasions that Billie had stripped off in front of hundreds of people.
I controlled my tipsy giggling and turned to face Billie whose smile had faded slightly, his eyes glossing over and making me shiver as he stared at me.
“I’m so glad I met you.” He whispered, slinking closer to me.
“I’m so glad that I met you too.” I replied watching his hand reach forwards and grab my own.
“Will you come out and visit me in the US when the tour is over?”
I looked up at his eyes; they were so large, so lustrous. I swallowed, I’d love it more than anything to dump my shitty life and go to the US with him.
“I’d love to…”
A grin spread on his face, drawing himself nearer to me, no words left his mouth as he softly pressed his lips against my own.
“That’s great because I really, really love spending time with you.”
My heart lurched into my throat, this guy was perfect.
My hands slowly caressed up his sides as his callus thumbs stroked my cheeks.

His mouth drew nearer once again and I inhaled his hot breath as our lips met in a fiery kiss.
The beer and the sugary remains of the candy filled my mouth and before I knew it Billie had rolled on top of me, hands wandering down beneath my skirt and causing me to moan into his open mouth. Heat soared through every pore, hitched breath filling both my ears and... GOD no man has ever touched me like this, I was literally melting underneath him.

His hands suddenly ran a smooth line up my thighs and I arched underneath him, elated at the contact and begging for these stupid fabrics to be removed between us. My hands wandered down to his belt and I unclipped it slowly, our mouths still attached in a hungry want.
Suddenly, he shot up. Eyes wide, staring at me, chest heaving as his breath hitched… he darted for the end of the bed, back facing me, head hung in what appeared to be embarrassment.
I scrambled up from my back, tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear, my own breath fighting for control as my brain tried to process the events that had just happened so quickly.
“Billie?” I asked softly, crawling over to the edge of the bed where he sat so still.
“Billie?” I asked again, delicately sitting down next to the man, his face hid underneath the tatters of black hair.
“I’m sorry…” he whispered not looking at me or even moving as he spoke.
I stared at the lush carpeted floor like it held all the answers. I had to admit this was weird. Normally guys would just fuck you and that was that, men wore hard shells that couldn’t be broken. Billie, it appeared, was a whole different matter…

“It’s okay…” I whispered back, wanting so badly to just hug him tightly.
“I guess I’m just not as ready as I thought I was. I mean, starting something new after…after…”
His voice broke in his throat and I instinctively made for his hand. It fell into mine weakly.
“Maybe, we were both rushing too fast. I mean we have only known each other for what? 74 hours or so?”
Billie turned to me, a small sad smile merging on his beautiful lips, “Is that it? It feels like I’ve known you forever.”
I chuckled, “Let’s not get mushy now.”
He let out a pathetic chortle, his head hanging low again, the pressure on my hand tightening.
“I do really like you though, mushy or not…”
“I like you too, but…well…” damn words, if only I had the vocabulary of Baudelaire.
“I know…I know…” He nodded slowly.
I moved closer to him, the urge could not be fought anymore and I flung my arms around him, holding him tightly against my chest. He clung back to me like a life preserver as we fell backwards against the mattress once more.
And there, against the moonlight open window I became entangled within him, no words spoken, just the sound of slow breathing and heartbeats, no clothes removed, no boundaries crossed…something hit me. Baudelaire was correct,

“It is regrettable that, among the Rights of Man, The right of contradicting oneself has been forgotten”

I had contradicted myself, gone back on what I had said I would not do. But I couldn’t leave this man; his part in my life would not end so quickly, I had the feeling that I probably needed him as much as he needed me. I had one of the best nights of my life entangled within those strong tattooed arms of his, just being with him made me happy, he was perfect, so different, so unlike what I had come to expect…
What would have you done in my situation?

“I’m sorry I fell asleep last night.”
I looked up from my book to see Merv staring at me with those toad eyes of his.
“It’s okay Merv, you have a lot of work to do, you need the rest.”
He smiled at me and continued to tap away at the keys on his laptop. I stretched my legs out, enjoying the extra room the business class section of the aeroplane had to offer. Little did Merv know that I had literally pumped him full of whisky to sneak out and see Billie.
I flipped forwards to the inlay of my Baudelaire; speaking of the singer, he had written a small note to me while I was in the bathroom before leaving him.

Dear Ava,
Paris is a right pain in the ass, but I guess I have to thank the French for their lack of signposts as they brought me directly to you. You made a huge impression on me Ava, thank you for making my short time in Paris so beautiful; I guess it is the city of love after all.
Have a safe trip home,
Hope to see you soon,
All my love,
Billie Joe.

I had re-read that small note four times, each time a smile found itself strewn across my face. I couldn’t stop thinking about him; I was like a little girl discovering her first crush again.
“Peanut Ava?”
I turned to the toad and shook my head, cursing him for interrupting my thoughts.
“No Thank You Merv.”
He grinned, ecstatic that I hadn’t chosen to deprive him of any salty snacks.
I shook my head, it takes all types to make a world but how can there be such a difference from dear peanut loving Merv to a hopelessly injured romantic like Billie Joe...

Billie Joe, the guy without the expensive suite from Saville Row, the guy without the plum-induced accent, the guy who never combed his hair neatly, the guy who wore black jeans, make-up and had inked almost every visible inch of his skin. This guy was the man who had literally stolen away my heart. You think you can place to the finest thread every detail of the man that you will eventually love, but it seems that the bi-polar attraction is correct, I, Ava Crawford, had fallen in love with a punk. Not a lawyer, not a lord, not a stockbroker or a judge, a punk. A dirty, grimy, smelly punk and my god it was the sexiest thing in the world.