Always Keep My Heart Sirius Black

The Truth

A week had passed since Rose had Received the mystery rose and note. Her shop was doing very well and she was thrilled, her Parents had even stopped in to visit her before they went on their Christmas vacation in Florida, buying a few small trinkets to take with them.

It was yet another successful day, Rose closed down the shop and headed out the back door like she had done many times before.
there was still at least an hour of sunlight left and she was walking at a fast pace to make it home before dark, the temperature was dropping every minute it seemed. as she reached her cottage, she was about to unlock the door when she saw something move out of the corner of her eye. she looked to her right and noticed in the distance, the mysterious black dog that she had let sleep in her home for the night only a week ago. he was heading farther down the lane. "He has a Daily prophet in his mouth!" She thought. "wait a minute..it was just a week ago i got that rose, and the day before was when i let that dog.." "somethings not right about this!" she whispered, running up the lane, following the Dog.

She followed him to the end of the lane where a stile sat. The dog jumped over it with ease. Rose quickly ran to the stile, climbing over it with great trouble. "Where is this dog going?!" she thought, watching him begin to climb a narrow pathway up the mountain that over shadowed the village. she started to climb the same path the dog had taken, but it was twice as hard for her, and soon, she looked up to see that the Dog had disappeared out of sight. she continued climbing until she reached a small gap in the mountain. she waited outside for a moment, hearing strange creature-like noises coming from within.
She slides through the gap in the rocks and sees a Cave, lighted by a candle or two, but this was not what surprised her. Rose froze with fear as she saw a face she never expected to see in all her days. Sirius Black, the man who she had read about in the Daily prophet, the man who was responsible for killing bunches of Muggle's and the Wizard "Petter Pettigrew." he sat there, a daily prophet in hand, staring at her with the same expression she gave him, and next to him, sat what looked like a Hippogriff tied to the cave wall.

Sirius put the paper down and stood from the ground slowly, starting to approach her.
"Stay back!" she hollered, her voice echoing off the walls. "Don't fear me, I'm not going to hurt you miss, just let me Explain.." he tried to reason with her but she cut him off. "I've read about you! about what you did!" she says. "What you've read about is all lies, I'm not the murderer thats been painted in the papers!" he said sternly. "How do i know your telling the truth?!" she asked, her heart raced. "Just believe me, please! just listen to what i have to say." he says in a softer tone. She hesitated, then walked farther into the cave, sitting down on the stone ground.

Sirius explained all of what had happened, of how it was Peter Pettigrew who killed those people and not him. And after he was finished telling her the truth, her heart was overwhelmed with Sympathy for him.
"I'm so sorry Sirius. is this where you've been hiding?" Rose asks, much calmer now than she had been 30 minutes before. "Yes, Buck-beak and i." he smiled slightly at the hippogriff who simply looked back at Sirius and Rose. "well, it sounds like you have a wonderful godson.. saving your life like that, it's amazing." Rose said. "I Do, he's a good boy, which is the one thing that separates him from how his father and i use to be." Sirius said, rose laughed. "Take it you both were trouble-makers?" she says. "I suppose you could say that." Sirius grinned. "So, all this time, that dog was you?" Rose asks. "Yes." Sirius answers. "and the rose and parchment was you?" she goes on. Sirius nods his head. Rose sat there for a moment in silence, then a thought occurred to her. "HEY! i got undressed in front of you! i thought you were a dog!" she said, feeling slightly embarrassed. "sorry about that, i assure you i closed my eyes..i was the perfect gentleman." Sirius replied with a small laugh. "Sure you were!" she smirked, then began to laugh. "have you eaten?" she asks. "well..No." Sirius replies. "Stay here, I'll bring you both something." She said, climbing back out of the cave, she looked out at the sky and it was now dark outside, not to mention snowing again.
She went to her cottage and filled an old cloth bag with leftovers and things of that sort, clearing out her fridge, then digging into her closet, she pulled out some spare blankets and a pillow and threw them in another bag. When she headed to the cave the second time, it was far harder, but upon realizing she had returned, Sirius helped her carry the supplies back up to his hideout. Once she got inside, she huddled up to the small candle to warm her freezing hands. "i put some food in there, and in the other bag, threes some blankets and a pillow." she tells him. "Thank you so much, you didn't have to do all this." Sirius replies gratefully as he went through the bag and pulled out food for him and buck-beak. "I wanted to." Rose says. "You truly Do have a heart of gold." Sirius stops and looks at her which made her blush. "Well, i should be getting home." She says, standing from the ground and dusting herself off. "Thank you..again." Sirius says sweetly. "it was no trouble." Rose smiled. "Would you like me to walk you back?" He asks. "No, I'm alright, thank you." She replied.
As she headed back home, she felt good about herself in the fact that she had just helped someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, hope you liked the chapter, told ya it was getting more interesting! threes still more to come!