Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes,and Fly - Results

Chapter 2
The end of the school year was approaching and Aaron had heard very little about the outcome of the test. She did know however, that her final report card was coming today, and in it would either be her usual grades and a 'hope you have a great summer!' letter from her English teacher or she would have her usual grades and in big thick red letters Needs to attend Summer School.
That day Aaron walked home quickly, anxious to reach the mail before her mother did. Unfortunately, she knew this to be unlikely, and just as she feared the mail box was empty. When she walked through the front door, throwing her book bag onto the floor, she found her mother in her usual baking apron in the kitchen fixing dinner. When Aaron walked in her mother turned pleasantly to her and asked her how her day was, Aaron a little surprised, responded her usual "fine” as she glanced nervously around the kitchen for the stack of mail.
Her mother still smiling turned around and grabbed a letter out from a stack on the counter and slapped it on the table, her smile dropping instantly to a disapproving glare “Mind explaining to me why you need to attend summer school?” Her mother shouted sliding the letter towards her. Sure enough printed at the bottom of the page was Aaron’s doom, the five thick red words she prayed not to see.
”Shit” was all Aaron could think as she gazed at her fuming mother who was still awaiting an answer. Aaron gave a nervous gulp and took this as her cue to leave for her room, her mother not bothering to stop her one bit.
Reaching her room Aaron flopped down on her bed, and released a frustrated groan reaching for her purple phone she dialed the familiar number and awaited the one person
she needed to talk to. Ring...ring...ring....”Hello?”
”Hey, Madi it’s me-“,Aaron began before being interrupted “Psyche! Leave a message bitch, I’ll call you back later”
Aaron sighed to herself and hung up, throwing her phone down harshly,There she lay carelessly staring at dark blue ceiling of her room, softly humming to herself a nameless tune as she let her mind wander into the adventures she could have had that summer. “Aaron get down here please its time for dinner!” she heard her mom call, hours later,she ignored it, she wasn't hungry, and even more not in the mood to be criticized. Aaron heard her father yell a few minuets later; he had obviously heard the news.
”Coming dad, hold on!” she yelled back, making her way down the steps, her family was already seated at the table, her mother had a disapproving face on, her father was gently stroking her hand trying to calm her down, and Carter, her brother was sticking carrots up his nose shouting “Daddy, mommy! I'm a walrus!”
Aaron chuckled to herself as she took her seat across the table from Carter. Dinner was silent for a few minuets before her mother spoke."Aaron darling, you will attend summer school, and we will go on the trip without you this summer, as punishment for your carelessness.” her dad said remorsefully. Her mouth dropped open, allowing the meat loaf she was currently chewing to nearly topple out. “Yucky, Aro! Carter yelled across the table at her.Snapping her mouth shut she didn’t’t speak the rest of the dinner except for the occasional pity glare she shot towards her mother, who kept a chiseled unmoved face. She new better then to argue, there was no way she was going to get herself out of this. Clearing her plate from the table Aaron headed upstairs. That night she lay in bed thinking, thinking, maybe being alone this summer would be good, summer school was only an hour a day, and it couldn’t’t be that bad right?