Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes, and Fly - A Night to Remember

Aaron She sat on her bed, staring out the window watching the leaves rustle in the slight afternoon breeze when her phone vibrated. Curious she picked it up.
A text from Scott. “Hey babe, long time since we’ve talked, what are you doing later?” Aaron studied her phone incredulously. She forgot that he still had no idea that she knew he was a liar and a cheater.
“...?” Was all she texted back, biting her cheek anxiously awaiting a reply. Seconds later her phone lit up, he was calling her.
She glanced down at the glowing screen and sighed before answering in a less than enthusiastic voice.
“Hello?” she mumbled into the phone, picking at her chipped nail polish. “Hey whats going on?” Scott said, there was a loud bang in the background and Aaron assumed he was calling her from work.
“What do you mean?” she said innocently, sitting up right on her bed.
“I mean why have you been avoiding me?” he said, his voice was dripping with bitterness and Aaron recoiled. She still thought Scott was adorable even though he was a complete asshole.
“I’ve just been really busy with summer school stuff lately” she said. She didn’t want to bring up him and Penelope were playing tonsil hockey a few days ago.. not just yet anyway, so she played it cool.
“Well I’ve missed you, I was hoping we could do something tonight” He said, his voice softened to a more familiar tone.“We could go to the party down at the beach”. There was more noise in the background, and Aaron paused until it died down to respond.
“How did you know about the party?” she said finally, shifting uncomfortably on her bed. “Oh uh, you’re friend Madison told me about it and thought maybe we’d like to go” he said quickly.
Since when were Madison and Scott buddy buddy? she thought. Her hands trembling at the thought of losing another person in her life. She realized they were still sitting in silence, Scott coughed uncomfortably on the other end.
“Oh I dunno.. Jack and I kinda got into a fight and a lot of his friends are gonna be there..” Aaron trailed off, though she desperately wanted to go, Scott was the last person she wanted to see right now. But she couldn’t resist even Jacks name tasted sweet in her mouth.
“Well Madison will be there, and Penelope too, I invited her I hope thats alright.” Scott interrupted her thoughts.
Aaron sighed into the phone and flopped back onto her bed once more, staring up at the glow in the dark star stickers on her ceiling that she had put there when she was eleven. She didn’t even bother to get into details of how she also lost her best friend this week. Not that Scott would care anyway.
“Yeah.. I guess thats fine” She paused before she could stop more bullshit from escaping her mouth. Of course it wasn’t fine.
“we’ll just go and then leave if things get to weird” she continued, biting her lip.
“Perfect.” Scott replied. “ Now, I gotta get back to work before my boss kills me, but i’ll see you at, lets say 7:30?”
“Yeah 7:30 sounds great” Aaron replied with fake enthusiasm.
The other line went dead and Aaron tossed her phone to the end of her bed. Glancing around her room she realized her fate.
The plan for this evening was set. Aaron would go to the party, watch her sort of boyfriend nuzzle up to some old girlfriend, watch her best friend nuzzle up with her other best friend and she would sit by herself all night and hate every moment of it.

Lovely.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a little filler chapter for the next one! It'll be up later today I'm just editing it a little more so that it's exactly right. Thank you so much for all the support I've gotten recently!