Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes, and Fly - The Party

It was 8:45 and Scott was late.
Not only was Scott late, but Aaron had discovered this morning that she began her period. So much for feeling sexy tonight among all the competition.
So there she stood, in the most ridiculous looking outfit she could come up with in her current state. There was no way she was prancing around in a short ass dress, and even a slimmer chance she was wearing anything tight, especially since she felt so bloated she figured she could roll there if Scott didn’t show up.
She settled on a long black beach dress that was just flowy enough to avoid uncomfortable binding. Though she was certain that Madison would show up in something unfathomably sexy and she would end up hating her for it.
The doorbell rang and Aaron wandered over to answer it.
She opened the door and unsurprisingly Scott stood with Penelope behind him, beaming in a shorts and bikini top combo. She had obviously gotten the memo about it being at the beach.
Aaron glanced down at her bulgy dress and flinched, she certainly felt like the ugly duckling.
“You’re late” she said, smiling pleasantly through gritted teeth.
“I know baby, You know how women are, they take forever to get ready” Scott said, with a wink, leaning in and kissing her cheek as though it was the most normal action in the world.
Behind him Penelope giggled an obnoxious little laugh and Scott turned around beaming.
“You’re always so mean to me” She mused, giving him a flirtatious shove. Scott continued to smile before turning back to Aaron.
“Let me just get my purse.” She mumbled, leaving the two of them standing at the front door to drown in the hormones.
Aaron made no rush to retrieve her bag from upstairs, and with one more glance at the mirror she was more dissatisfied with her appearance than ever before.
She looked out the window at Mrs. Caillage’s house across the street and wondered if she would be old and alone one day like her neighbor.
she sighed and descended down stairs again, Penelope’s obnoxious giggles filling her living room.
“Lets go” Aaron said, slapping her hands together decidedly. Scott and Penelope jumped at the sudden noise and turned to face her, red glowing across both of their cheeks.
“Right, lets go” Scott stammered, smoothing down his shirt as he guided them to his car. Aaron placed a tight smile across her face and wandered down the walkway, all the while regretting her decision to go out tonight.
The party was already in full swing when they arrived, and Aaron noted Jacks blue truck as they pulled up to the beach. Across the sand teenagers in swimsuits and short beach dresses were gossiping and flirting. Aaron felt her stomach flip when she saw Jacks familiar silhouette wrapped around another females next to the bonfire a few yards away.
“Ya comin'?” Scott asked interrupting her train of thought. The two of them were already outside the car, waiting for Aaron to even unbuckle her seat-belt. Aaron gave a sheepish grin.
“Yeah I’ll just be a minute, you go ahead I’ll find you” She said, pretending to fix her hair in the mirror on the sun visor.
Scott and Penelope disappeared into the distance and Aaron settled her head against the head rest on her seat. She took a deep breath.
This was it, no turning back now. She opened the door and slid out, snagging the fabric of her dress on the door frame ungracefully.
A few yards away she herd drunken song break out, and could only assume that it was all of her peers she hadn’t seen since school let out.
Aaron wasn’t a drinker, she never had been. Between her and Madison she was always the designated driver and Aaron made sure that tonight would be no exception, she would not make a fool out of herself.
After settling adjusting her wardrobe malfunction she glanced down the sand at the bonfire and made her way over as gracefully as she could, avoiding eye contact with Jack or Madison.
When she arrived Penelope and Scott were already seated on a tie-dye blanket, sitting uncomfortably close to one another, sipping from the same bottle of over priced beer.
She glanced over quickly at Jack and Madison, but her presence went unnoticed, each had there eyes and mouths fixated on one another, and Aaron had a sick taste in her mouth as she glanced away.
“Hey handsome” She said loudly, walking over to Scott and placing an overly passionate kiss on his lips. Penelope next to him snorted and Aaron felt blood rush to her cheeks as she planted down next to him on his other side, lacing her fingers with his.
“My, my, my, Aren’t we friendly this evening” he said, glancing at her curiously.
Aaron felt a pare of eyes burning a hole in the side of her face but she didn’t notice it. She knew they were Jacks but she didn’t care. If he wanted to be a closed off asshole she was going to be one right back.
“Well I just figured, since I’m here with the sexiest man in our class, I might as well let everyone know he’s all mine” she said loudly, batting her eyelashes as she glanced over at a speechless Penelope.
Behind her she heard a familiar giggle and glanced to see that Madison had Jack attached to her ear lobe. Anyone who was unfamiliar with the situation might of even thought he was trying to bite it off he was so violently attacking her neck with kisses.
Aaron bit her lip, turning back to Scott who was looking at her amused. “ I see..” he said, running his hands hungrily up her inner thigh. She grimaced at his touch but tried her best to hide it as she let out an obnoxiously loud giggle.
She hated herself for letting Jack get to her head.
She glanced around the bonfire at all the familiar faces from her class. The boys from the cafe were there, along with kids she recognized from summer school. To her horror she realized all these people were going to witness her utter humiliation as she obviously attempted to make Jack jealous.
“Hey I’ll be right back” she said, her voice trembled in Scott's ear but she tried her best to play it up. With any luck Jack was watching and hating every second of it too.
She kissed him lightly on the lips before sprinting off to get some fresh air. She had no idea where she was going but anywhere was better than there.