Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes, and Fly - The Old House

“Is this where you live?” Aaron asked as the two of them, hand in hand, climbed the steps to a creaky old house at the end of a tree lined street. The house was painted a solid white but the wood boards on the outside was so tattered by the weather, its natural color was peeling through at some parts.

“No, what do you think I am a munster?” Jack laughed, pulling her inside. “This house is set to be torn down in a couple of weeks, its structure isn’t sound apparently”.

“Oh that's comforting” Aaron mumbled, following Jack as he guided her through a maze of rooms and hallways until reaching the back door. There he swung it open to reveal a haven of plants Aaron had never seen before, each so green you would assume the inhabitants of the old house watered them daily.

Jack guided them to the far back corner of the yard where hidden among the brush were tiny stone tree stumps shaped into chairs.

“Do you think we’re secluded enough?” Aaron joked, glancing around at the array of colors blossoming from flowers around them. Jacks face remained expressionless as he glanced over at her, studying Aaron’s face intensely.

“What do you want to know?” He asked finally, glancing around as if someone was listening.

“Just something, anything” Aaron said, looking at him hopefully. “I just want to know where you’re from, you’re background..” she trailed off.

Jack sighed. “Okay, well the first thing you should know is that I don’t live with my parents.” he glanced at Aaron but she remained expressionless, she just nodded politely urging him to continue. “ And I don’t live in a munster house either.”

Aaron chuckled, folding her arms across her chest as she leaned in closer to him, examining his face.

“ I don’t have any siblings.” he continued slowly, Aaron nodded, she had heard this all before.

“I still don’t understand why this all needs to be said in such private conditions..” Aaron interrupted.
“Hey you were the one that wanted to know about me, now I’m telling you” Jack shot back. Aaron snapped her mouth shut and blushed.
There was a long period of silence as Jack glared off into space, his focus on the old house behind them.

“Both of my parents are dead, Aaron.” He said finally. “They were murdered in this house.”
Aaron glanced up the building wide eyed, studying its decaying features.

“You told me you lived with your mom..” she said finally, staring back into Jacks piercing brown eyes.

“ Yeah because telling a girl you like that you’re parents were murdered is a really awesome way to go about forming a relationship” he said sarcastically, and then his face dropped “I came back to this lame ass town to try and make amends with myself. To try and forget, or remember, or some bullshit like that, but then you happened and I’m not sure, now, I can leave once I graduate next year” He was studying her face more intimately now, waiting for a reaction.

“I don’t know what you want me to say” Aaron’s voice trailed off as she glanced down at her trembling hands. This was all too much to take in, one moment she was happy and the next she had a plate of lies to deal with.

“ Then don’t say anything..” Jack said, leaning in to caress her cheek. “..Show me that I have a reason to stay” he glanced in her eyes, closing the gap between their lips. Aaron closed her eyes as she felt the newly familiar texture of his smooth lips, and the gentle nature of their caress across hers. In this moment in their own creepy little haven she felt as if she could fly. When they broke away she was breathless.

“What are we going to do?” she said sadly, resting her forehead against his, “ You’re still technically with Madison and I’m still technically with Scott” she bit her lip.
Jack smiled his coy crooked smile and cupped his hands over her cheeks, leaning in and kissing her nose.

“As long as we’re here? Anything we want Aragorn.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry you guys, I meant to have this up yesterday but my Macbook needed to get an entirely new battery. I will have more up SUPER soon I promise promise promise. Oh and no this isn't the end though I anticipate wrapping this up pretty soon..