Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes, and Fly - Rainy Day

Summer school resumed the next day and Aaron and Jack sat in class as if the dynamic of their relationship hadn’t changed that weekend. Mr.Welch was absent the day they returned and in his place was a student teacher who’s nerves showed through the pit stains on his blue dress shirt.

A note landed on Aaron’s desk as she mindlessly stared out the window. Today was a rainy day and apart from the covered walkway along the courtyard outside, the pavement and everything around it was drenched.

Meet me at our spot...

The note said. It was written in Jacks handwriting and Aaron peeled her eyes away from it to look at him.

In the rain?

She scribbled back, sliding it back over onto his desk. There was a snort from his general vicinity and then the slight breeze of the paper being slid back onto her desk.

Yes, you sure are sweet, but I’m sure you aren’t made of sugar, sugar.

Aaron rolled her eyes and glanced over at him, he was glancing out at the window smiling.

When the bell rang and class was dismissed Aaron slid from her seat, discretely following Jack as the exited the school. The two of them hadn’t exactly broken things off with their official significant others to be together so they’re romance needed to remain secretive until their phone calls were returned.

“Here” Jack said, sliding his hoodie around Aaron’s shoulders as soon as the two of them were out of sight. Aaron inhaled his sweet smell and smiled, lacing her fingers with his. The two of them made their way to the abandoned house at the end of the road that they had adopted as their own.

“Home sweet home” Jack said, guiding her up the steps. “Honey I’m home!” he called through the empty corridors of the house, tossing his muddy shoes to the side as he strolled around in his socks.

“You are such a goof” Aaron laughed, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned against the door frame. Her eyes followed him as he wandered over to the window and glanced out before turning to look at her.

“So now that I have you here alone, what am I gonna do with you?” he said, walking over to her and placing his hands on her waist, pulling her into a deep kiss. Aaron wrapped her arms around his neck and followed his lead. Jack, gently pressed her against the wall, tracing his hands over the small of her back, both of them giving into temptation.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and the two of them broke away breathless, staring into one another’s eyes.

“Stay here” Jack whispered, his eyes still locked on hers he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers again passionately before stepping away, a smile across his face. She bit her lip nodded and watched him answer the door, curiously craning her neck to see.

“What do you want” Jack said, answering the door and staring outside his smile had faded almost as quickly as it had appeared.

“ Can I come in?” the familiar voice said. Aaron felt the color drain from her face. Madison’s powerful perfume scent floated in from the door way and lingered in the air where Jack had been.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” Jack said, glancing over at Aaron, a reassuring smile on his face. Aaron forced a smile to her face, but bit her lip as she glanced over at the window, the rain was pouring down now.

“But it’s pouring” Madison pouted, Jack sighed and ran his fingers through his wet hair.

“Why are you here?” Jack said, glancing over her head at the street as if searching for some apparent answer that had followed her here.

“I saw you with her.” Madison said flatly. Aaron felt a chill run up her spine, she knew that tone, it was deadly.

“ I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jack said cooly.

“Oh I think you do.” She said bitterly. What happened next was one of those moments that seems to happen in slow motion. Madison rushed past Jack and into the hall where she met Aaron’s eyes, a cold dark glare on her face.

Aaron froze and bit her lip, she instinctively recoiled and stared at her feet.

“Yeah don’t know what I’m talking about my ass” She spat at Jack who had his hands dug into his pockets.

“I called you and you didn’t answer” he said defensively, he had the front door propped open as if inviting her to leave.

“I don’t get dumped. Especially for lying tramps like her” Madison spat, Aaron didn’t respond, she had maneuvered herself into the corner of the hallway.

“Get out” Jack said coldly, stepping behind her. His voice had drastically changed from a playful banter to a serious deathly tone. Aaron glanced up and saw a hint of fear in Madison’s eyes as she returned the gaze.

Madison turned to face Jack as she approached the front door. “Fine” she spat, adjusting her damp clothes as she headed out.
Then, she paused and Aaron noticed a small smirk spread across her lips. She turned to face Aaron.

“Oh and Aaron honey.” She said in a sickly sweet sarcastic voice, “Your parents are home.” and with that she tossed her hair over her shoulder and left, leaving Aaron even more pale faced than before.

♠ ♠ ♠
I am an awful updater I know, I'm really sorry guys I'm trying things have been hectic!