Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close My Eyes,and Fly - Saying Goodbye

Aaron was having one of those days; you know, the days you wish you could just crawl back into bed and stay there. The days you wish you were little again, so you could say “I’m sowwy’ in the adorable little baby voice and get away with anything. Yeah, one of those, and Unfortunately for Aaron, her day was only beginning.Today of all days should be a day of celebration, the finale, the closing, the ending to another school year, the last day of school. This particular morning; Aaron was thrilled to be leaving her junior year behind her. Not to mention that in two days, she would have the rest of the summer to herself, to enjoy without her parents constant nagging, and her brothers constant craving for attention.
Happily walking out of school that afternoon, Aaron tightly clung to her best friend. Promising that they would keep in touch over the summer, and that three months apart wasn’t that bad. Aaron knew however, just how brutal it was last summer. Lets just say Madison, had a little more money to spend on pleasurable activities, such as a cruise and an extremely over expensive sleep away camp that Aaron couldn’t’t even afford to breathe in.

The girls had spent the previous summer apart, and upon Madison’s arrival home, they were lucky enough to catch up and still remain best friends. Aaron wasn’t so sure this summer, Madison wasn’t just going away to some sleep away camp, she was flying all the way to Paris to stay with her grandma, and Aaron was sure, Madison would forget her the moment she stepped onto the plane.
The girls clung to each other a few seconds longer, until Aaron heard the familiar honk of Madison’s town car , driving up to the curb behind them. Hesitantly she let go and smiled before watching her best friend depart for the summer.
“Did you have a good last day?” Her dad asked as she stepped through the front door, throwing her overflowing book bag to the floor, where a few papers slid out. “Fine I guess “Aaron grumbled dropping to the floor to pick up the mess. She could feel eyes watching her as she placed them in her bag, when she heard her father clear his throat. Aaron looked up.

“Well Aaron, you see, your mom was a little hesitant about letting you stay home alone the entire summer.” Her dad started out, scrambling to find the correct words. Aaron knew where this was going, and before he continued she began yelling. “Dad I don’t need a babysitter! I’m seventeen! I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself!” she yelled. “I know, I know air-bare, it’s just, your mother still sees you as a little girl.” Aaron stood up in a huff, completely ignoring the papers on the floor now.
“Dad I know you, you gave in didn’t you? You didn’t’t defend my side at all” Aaron sighed shooting her father a glare. “Now wait a minute young lady, I won’t let you talk to me like that. Your mother and I just want the best for you!” Her dad snapped back obviously annoyed. Aaron recoiled, she didn’t like making her dad angry, and so she bit back her sharp remark and sighed. “So, what did she come up with to punish me further? She asked, folding her arms across her chest. Her dad smiled, “Your mother asked Mrs.Calage, our neighbor to stop buy every once in a while to check on you, just to see how your doing, that’s all.”
Aaron couldn’t help but let out a sign of relief “So all I have to deal with is moms spy? No phone calls? Letters? Evidence of summer school?” She asked sarcastically. Her dad smiled again “I knew you’d understand kiddo, I know you might not like it, but it’s far less bad than what your mom originally had planned.” Aaron laughed weakly and gave her dad a hug before slugging upstairs to her room.
Later that night, Aaron was lying in bed, reading her latest issue of ‘Alternative Press’ magazine when she heard her mom calling her from the master bed room. Grumbling, she got up and walked down the hall to her parent’s bedroom.”Yeah?” she asked grumpily, she had been right in the middle of an extremely interesting article about All Time Low .”Hey honey, I just wanted to give you the plan.” Her mom said cheerfully, folding another shirt into the suitcase, Aaron rolled her eyes, plopping down on the bed. This could be a while.
“Okay, so as you already know were leaving tomorrow morning, we’ll be on flight 225, you already know grandma’s number so that shouldn’t be a problem.” Her mom began, looking up to make sure she was paying attention before continuing. “So, I left the emergency numbers on the fridge, along with the rules for people coming over.” Aaron let out a groan “Mom, Madison isn’t even going to be here this summer!” her mom smiled “I know honey but that’s just encase, you decide to stop being a mole for once and get out and be social! “ she beamed chuckling to herself “Anyway, as for money, Your father and I will be mailing you checks every other week for $100, that should be enough for food and leisure,.” She concluded, zipping up the suitcase. Aaron smiled, her mom read her face and laughed “That doesn’t’ mean spend it all young lady! Remember this needs to last until we get home, we wont be mailing and ‘shoot I bought a Prada purse and need more money!’ money. ”
Aaron rolled her eyes and mumbled “as if I’d buy a Prada purse.” before shrugging and putting on a false smile “sure mom, I understand” her mom smiled and continued “-no house parties, and more importantly NO BOYS” her mom concluded before patting Aaron on the head like a dog. Grunting Aaron groaned and walked out her room with a huff slamming her bedroom door behind her.

Aaron had to admit, as much as she fought with her parents, her mom especially, she was going to miss them. She was even a little afraid of being all alone this summer. A week from today, she would be sitting in a summer school classroom, only an hour a day, what was she going to do with all that free time? Somehow, that night as she lay in bed, she knew, she would find something.