Status: In the works!

Close My Eyes,and Fly

Close my Eyes,and Fly - First Encounter

Aaron woke the next morning to a car horn blazing outside repeatedly. No doubts, the airport taxi, come to pick up her family. Climbing groggily out of bed she opened her bedroom door, to find her mother and father in a chaotic mess, running about as if they had’t packed there suitcases at all, which they had.
Tripping just once, as she descended down the stairs she found her little brother asleep on the couch, his head resting on the tiny sponge bob suitcase their mom had packed from him yesterday evening. Shuffling over to the couch, she plopped down next to him, switching the television on to some morning news show Aaron had seen her mom watching hundreds of times when she woke before her alarm clock went off.
Aaron was in deep thought, when a loud banging came from the front door, startling her. Jumping up she opened the door, to find a large, bald, man his face red, like he had just run a mile. “Is there a reason you feel the need to test how strong my front door is at –Aaron glanced at the clock- 5:47am?”Aaron snapped, folding her arms across her chest. “Tell your folks, we got a schedule to keep and I’m not gonna wait around all day from them.” The man responded, in a heavy Brooklyn accent, before turning around and walking quickly away to the large green van, parked in their driveway. Just before slamming the front door shut. Her mom ran downstairs, a few moments later, suitcase in hand, followed by her dad, who made his way over to the couch to pick up Carter.
Aaron catching them just before they walked out the front door gave them each what felt to be a ten-minute hug. “I’ll miss you!” she called out, as the green van pulled out of the drive way, and Aaron could make out what seemed to be, her little brother carter, mouthing “Ill miss you too” on the other side of the tinted glass windows of the van.
The morning went as any normal summer morning would go. Shortly after her family’s departure, Aaron set off to get some breakfast, which consisted of peanut butter on toast, with milk. Before heading upstairs where she prepared herself for her uneventful day.
Aaron was walking down the street, her black converse hitting the pavement as she moved briskly through the morning air humming absentmindedly a nameless tune. Her first stop was the drug store down the street where she had seen a ‘wanted sign’ in the window a few days before. Surely her parents would be mailing her enough money to make it through the summer, but Aaron felt it better if she had something to do to occupy all the free time she would have when not in summer school.

Approaching the swinging blue doors of the drug store she noticed a ruckus from inside, followed by three boys being shoved outside onto the pavement. Aaron stood frozen as the boys laughed at the balding manager who disappeared back inside.
The boys then turned to Aaron with smirks, hooting after her as she hurriedly opened the door and walked inside. the store was an entire mess, skittles were literally everywhere, along with silly string and what looked to be tampon tubes she assumed the boys were shooting at each other as the glided down the isles in carts.
The manager, who looked to be balding in one patch on his head, was running about, red faced and frustrated he stopped and turned to Aaron. “You tell your friends that they are never to come back in here or I will call the cops!” He said, waving an extremely dirty fat finger in Aaron’s face. “I can assure you sir, they aren’t’t my friends” Aaron responded, trying her best to be polite to who might be her future boss. “It doesn’t’t matter all teenagers are alike, now get out of my store!” The man barked.
Flinching Aaron tried to reason with the man disagreeing “sir, I’ve come to ask you about a potential job here, I’m really good at talking to people” she said hopeful. The manager grunted before looking her up and down and mumbling “stupid teenagers.” before storming off
Angry and the response she was getting she let her temper get the best of her, she walked over to a display of Hannah Montana accessories and kicked it over, sending candy, dolls and assorted Hannah Montana wear flying into the air, one being a platinum blonde wig which landed directly on the now angrier managers head.”OUT!”He said, throwing her tiny frame out of the drug store in one single toss.
Aaron sat in a huff on the concrete sidewalk outside the drugstore, rubbing her head at the spot where her scalp collided with the pavement, she knew she would have a headache to pay for that later.
From behind her, she could hear snickering followed by whispers, and more snickering. Annoyed, Aaron turned around to find the group of boys she had encountered moments before standing in a casual group.
The boys she could not recognize, which was odd considering she had lived here her entire life, but she shrugged it off along with the pain in her head and attempted to get up. Slowly rising from the ground she instantly whimpered at her leg which had fallen asleep while she sat there, and bit her lip as she tried not to look like an idiot in front of the unfamiliar group.
“Well, that’s pretty rude” Aaron heard a voice call from behind her, as she attempted to walk down the street on her tingling leg, she ignored it. “Yeah, poor pavement didn’t deserve to be beaten by limps-a-lot over there” another chuckled followed by the rest of the group joining in.
Growling under her breath, Aaron turned around, and shot a glare in their direction, the boys “oo-ed” immaturely before continuing their playful banter “Be nice gentleman, limps-a-lot over there has had a bad day, its not easy being that ugly AND having people see it” a soothing voice said above the howling boys. They broke out into hysterics and Aaron was fuming, turning around she was relieved that the numbness in her leg was fading, she stormed back over to the boys who were staring at her in shock.
“What the fuck is your problem?” she yelled at the boys, glaring at them angrily.
The boys looked to be around her age, roughly 17 or 18 all wearing bagging jeans and shirts with odd band names scribbled across the front. All of them except one, who was leaning casually on a car, his arms folded across his chest with a smirk spread across his face. He wore dark jeans and a white undershirt that was all too tight over his chest. His hair, unlike the shaggy mess that was the others boys, had a layer of black bangs that swept neatly over his forehead, with untamed strands that would fall slightly into his sparkling curious chocolate brown eyes.
The boy who had noticed Aarons staring emerged from behind the group of boys, approaching her slowly as he challenged “I don’t believe I have a problem toots.” staring down into her glaring green eyes. She growled under her breath “Really? Judging by the looks of you I would think you have quite a few problems stud” she shot back, clenching her jaw as she inched closer to him, refusing to break their gaze first.
As he was about to speak, sirens began blaring from down the street, and the two of them turned their heads to see a police car coming towards them. The manager scrambled from out of the store, and pointed at the group of teenagers, his red face fuming.
“See ya’ around toots.” The boy said with a coy smile, winking before running off to a beat up blue truck which the boys climbed into and sped away. Aaron, frozen in place mumbled under her breath” I sure hope not” before taking off down the street.