Status: On Hold.

Bruised And Broken

Ten

Lynn's POV

I opened my eyes and I looked around the room trying to figure out where I was. I went to sit up but i just felt pain all over. Then I noticed that Joe had fallen asleep with his head laying on the bed and his fingers laced within mine. i managed to free my hand from his and ran my fingers through his hair. In doing so I woke him up.

"hey"

"hey baby" Joe said as he picked his head up

"where is everyone?"

"they are at home, I wanted to stay"

"awe, thanks"

He smiled at me, grabbed my hand and gently kissed it. Soon after that a nurse came in with some release forms for me to sign and I noticed that the parent/guardian spot had already been signed but by Denise. I signed then and the nurse took them and said that I can leave as soon as I'm ready. I looked at Joe with a confused look.

"whats wrong baby?"

"why did your mom sign them and not my mom?"

"um...your mom kinda refused to sign them, so I called my mom and she gladly signed them"

"oh"

"is that okay?"

"yeah anything to get me out of here"

Joe stood up and helped me sit up. Then he handed me some new clothes, probably some that I had let at his house. He left the room while I got dressed. I walked out of the room and Joe took me by the hand, intertwined his fingers with mine and gave me a kiss.

Joe's POV

I gave her a kiss and then we walked out the meet up with my mom to take us home. She dropped Lynn off at her house, which I thought was a bad idea but I was going to argue, and I helped Lynn get inside and settled in her room and she told me to find her mom and tell her that she was home. I left her room and then came back about 20 minutes later.

"Lynn, your mom isn't home"

"oh okay"

"do you want me to stay til she gets home?"

"no, I'll be fine, I need rest anyway"

"okay bye baby, if you need something just call"

I leaned down and gave her a kiss.

"okay" she said as she slid down in her sheets to get some sleep.

I kissed her one more time before leaving. I headed down the stairs and saw that Lynn's mom was walking in the door and with some man too.

"I didn't know you had kids" the man said with some attitude

"um...actually I'm not her son, I'm her daughter's boyfriend"

With that I left and walked home.

Lynn's POV

"Lynn! I'm home, can you come down please"

"mom I just got home" I yelled out my room and down the stairs.

"sooo, get down here now" she said with force

"I just got out of the hospital, no thanks to you, and I'm sore and can barely move"

"fine then I'm coming up there, I hope your decent"

My mom bust open by door.

"Lynn, I'd like you to meet John" she said pointing at this man that I have never seen before

The man waved and I faked a smile.

"mom, since when are you dating again?"

"that's none of your business"

"I want to know because ever since dad died you kept saying that you wouldn't ever date again"

After I said that my mom walked out all mad and crap. I managed to grab my phone off of the side table so that I could text Joe until I fell asleep. I could tell that tomorrow was going to be bad.