Status: On Hold.

Bruised And Broken

Eleven

Lynn's POV

I was beginning to wake up and I could hear whispering as I tossed and turned in my bed to try to get comfortable, which was hard since I was in so much pain still. I finally opened my eyes to see my two best friends sitting at the bottom of my bed. They went to jump on me when I put my hands up signaling them not to.

"come on Lynn, we haven't seen you in like 24 hours" Lil complained.

"hello! I'm still in pain"

"oh yeah" Lil said as she looked disappointed

"oh what the hell! I'll live"

"YAY!" Lil shouted as her and Erika jumped on me for a hug

"so how you feeling?" someone said as they were sitting on the floor at the bottom of my bed.

It was a boy's voice but I could tell that it wasn't Joe. or Kevin or Nick for that matter.

"who's that?" I mouthed to Lil and Erika

They looked at me with a should-we-tell-her look.

"guys tell me!" I shouted

And just like that they stood up. I took a double take at this person.

"Cory?"

"yeah its me"

"wow you've changed a lot"

"yeah, so how are you feeling?"

"good, but why are you here? you basically avoided me the past 4 years aka high school"

"yeah I know but I thought that you wouldn't ever want to have anything to do with me"

"oh! I'm sorry for making you feel like that"

"it's okay"

"com here" I said as I opened my arms for a hug

All of a sudden my phone started going off with:

you know when the sun forgets to shine, I'll be there to hold you through the night, we'll be be running so fast tonight...

We all frantically searched for my phone as it continued to ringing but all Lil and Erika did was stand there and say

"it's Joe"

"shut up and look for my phone"

...and even though we are miles and miles apart, you'll still holding all of my heart, I promise it'll never be dark, I know, we're inseparable

"great it stopped and went to my voice mail"

"who's Joe?" Cory asked

"that would be Lynn's boyfriend" Erika stated

"yo my phone? its still lost"

"sorry" Erika said and she looked at the floor

It started to go off again, Lil found it and tossed it to me and I answered it.

Phone Convo:

"hey"

"hey baby"

"sorry I couldn't find my phone"

"its okay"

"okay, so where are you?"

"out of town, remember I was supposed to leave yesterday

"oh yeah"

"I'm sorry, I wish I was there"

"I wish you were here too"

"so how are you today?"

"good"

"that's good"

"mhmm, oh hold on mom wants to give me something"

"okay, well actually just call back"

"okay"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Joe's POV

I hung up my phone and went up to my room. I picked up my guitar and just started playing with riffs and chords.

"when winter comes in summer, when there's no more forever, when lies become the truth, well you know then baby, that's when I'll stop loving you"

"is that new?" I looked up and saw Kevin standing in the doorway.

"uh not really...I was just...never mind"

"okay then ... so"

"so..have you decided when to ask Lil?"

"wh...what are you talking about?"

"dude, don't give me that, its obvious that you like her"

"is it that obvious?"

"EXTREMELY"

"well I was thinking about asking her to come to the private gig we have next weekend and then ask her to come up on stage and ask her then"

"are you crazy?!"

"no Joseph, it'll be fine, its a PRIVATE gig"

"oh, right"

"yeah now get dressed, the photo shoot is today"

"okay"

Lynn's POV

I hung up from that short convo with Joe and my mom handed me a box that said To: Lynn From: John.

"mom, whats this?"

"I don't know, John dropped it off this morning on his way to work"

"okay

I tore off the wrapping paper, as my two best friends and Cory watched. I got to a card and the box was wrapped another time. Before unwrapping the box I read the card.

Lynn,
I know we just met but your mother and I have been seeing each other for a while now and she said that she is ready to have a man in her life again but didn't and doesn't want to do anything unless you were/ are ready to have another father figure again. I hope this gift helps you with your decision and I hope you feel better as well.
John.

At this point I had tears building up in my eyes and was surrounded in hugs from everyone in the room. I unwrapped the box one more time to reveal a brand new iphone.