Status: On Hold.

Bruised And Broken

Twelve

I sat there looking at the phone with a blank stare. Finally my stare was broke when Lil pushed me and caused me to fall off my bed.

"oww"

"omg! Lynn I am SOO sorry"

"come here" Lil scooted closer to me, as I was still on the floor. "a little closer" and she was finally close enough to where I could pull her off my bed onto the floor with me. After a few minutes we all started laughing about it.

"so what are you guys doing here anyway?"

"we want to take you shopping or something" Erika said

"oh okay sounds good, just let me get dressed"

"go ahead" Erika said as i was not moving to get dressed.

I was looking back and forth between Erika and Cory hoping that Erika would get the hint.

"oooooooh" Erika said "hey Cory let's go downstairs and wait for her"

"okay sure" Cory replied to Erika

Lil followed them to the door and closed it as they left. Just as Lil was helping me get up off the floor my sidekick starts vibrating on my dresser.

"OH Lynn you have a new text" Lil said handing me my phone

"no shit Sherlock"

I opened it to see that it was a text from Joe and he said that he would be getting back into town later tonight. While I was reading the text, Lil picked out clothes for me to throw on. I exchanged my basketball shorts for a pair of white skinny jeans and my tank top for a purple fitted tee. I threw on a pair of socks and slipped on my purple converses that Joe had given me for my birthday. I threw my hair up into a ponytail slightly on the side, kinda messy might i add, then I put on some make up real quick. I grabbed my phones and headed downstairs and out the door to Erika's car. I sat in the backseat along with Cory. On the way to the mall I had finished adding all my contacts to my iphone which was now ready to be used. We passed the Starbucks on the way.

"STOP!!" I shouted

"whats wrong??" Erika asked

"STARBUCKS!"

Erika rolled her eyes and turned the car around.

"geesh girl, you hang out with Kevin WAAAY too much" Lil said as we pulled into the parking lot.

We got out of the car and walked inside. I ordered my usual, strawberries and cream frappacino, and went to a nearby table while I waited for Lil and Erika. Cory wasn't much of a coffee person I guess because he stayed outside and sat on the curb while he waited for us. We finally got to the mall and I headed straight to Pac Sun, my favorite store for jeans. I needed a new pair anyway. So I went in and got the pair i wanted and paid for them. Erika and Lil had run off somewhere and left Cory with me.

"so..." Cory said as we walked out of Pac Sun

"so...how have you been?"

"I've been good, just started getting weird feeling for this one girl when I'm around her"

"oh...who is she?"

"it doesn't matter, she doesn't feel the same"

"how do you know that?"

"because I do okay!?"

"okay, no need to yell"

"plus she has a boyfriend"

"awe, I'm sorry"

"its okay"

We walked in silence for the next ten minutes or so until we got to the American Eagle. Cory went in and looked around, while I went a few stores down to Limited Too. I only go there for some makeup, accessories, and always for my latest Jonas Brother needs such as posters, buttons, and the occasional article of clothing. I was looking through what posters they had left, when suddenly someone whispers in my ear.

"you know, I can get you one for free"

I turn around to see Joe standing behind me.

"JOSEPH! Don't you ever scare me like that again!"

"sorry?"

"Joe, I was joking"

"oh"

"yeah"

I took Joe by the hand and ran out of the store before some crazy fan noticed him but as we reached the exit every single teenage girl in the ENTIRE mall knew he was there. Not to mention that they all were giving my the look of hatred or the death glare due to my hand being held tightly by Joe's. Pictures were being taken, and i HATE my photo being taken, and autographs were being asked for. While Joe was signing autographs left and right, I slipped out of the crazy fan girl mob and had found Cory. He got up from the bench he was sitting on and walked away from the mob with me. We just went outside and sat on the sidewalk until I had the nerve to call Joe, Lil, or Erika.

Hasta La Vista, I'm a gonna say goodbye to you...

"hello?" I said as I answered my phone. Geesh Lil always knows when I'm going to call her.

"hey Lynn, where did you go? Joe is looking for you"

"I'm outside sitting with Cory"

"why the hell are you outside?"

"I just couldn't take all those fans looking at me like they were going to follow me home and kill me in my sleep"

"Oh damn, was it THAT bad?"

"yeah it was"

I couldn't take it anymore so I hung up and actually had started to walk home. I didn't know if Cory was coming with me or not but I didn't care, I wasn't looking back, I was upset and actually needed to be alone. So instead of going home I went to the tree house in the wooded area by the neighborhood playground that my dad had built for me.