Status: On Hold.

Bruised And Broken

Two

< Sixth >

So there we were, the 3 of us, Lil, Erika and myself, standing outside the middle school we were attending this year. Once we got up closer to the door, I linked arms with Lil on my right and Erika on my left. We walked in the building and looked at the list of homeroom assignments. It was setup different then in elementary school because they had us separated by last name alphabetically. Lil and Erika were in classrooms fairly close to each other because Lil's last name was Gavin and Erika's was Hopkins but mine was toward the middle/end due to my last name being Quinton.

"man, maybe we'll have lunch or something together" I told my two best friends

"yeah maybe" Erika came back with

"i really hope so" Lil said

We split up to find our homerooms. when I got to mine I was slightly...no I lied I was REALLY nervous/scared because no one in my homeroom went to elementary school with me. In homeroom the teacher gave us our schedules and told us how to read them. Then we had announcements and the principle went on and on about how he was going to make this year the best year ever. Shortly after, the bell rang and it was time to go to 1st period. I was one of the first kids there. I was so happy to see Lil & Erika walk into the room shortly after me. We had many classes together. We managed to get through out first year in middle school.

< Seventh >

We were confident this year. We know how things went, where classrooms were and all that fancy jazz. But somehow it was different mainly because came January I would be turning thirteen and at that well before Lil and Erika. They had late birthdays. Now come to think of it, just two weeks ago on August 1st we celebrated Lil's 12th birthday. Other than that I felt that this would be a fairly normal year for the 3 amigos. Little did I know that it would not be all that normal at all. We had just returned to school from Thanksgiving break and me and Lil were sitting with Erika at lunch (as always) and today we were planning Erika's birthday party...she would be twelve on December 15th. For some reason I wasn't able to concentrate to my fullest due to a change, I don't know what kind of change and I don't know if it was a good one or a bad one. anyway, but this change was that I had started to notice boys a lot more than usual. We finally got the party planned by the end of lunch. We finished off seventh grade just like we had planned but by the end of the year Lil and Erika had noticed that same thing that I did, and the funny thing I that I didn't tell them anything, they just knew. They knew just as much as I did, that I had taken in a VERY strong interest in boys.

< Eighth >

This year would be different. I told myself it would be. But I told myself that it had to be good and wonderful different. By the end of the year and my middle school life (assuming I passed) I realized that what I told myself was right...this year was different. The 8th grade class had raised enough money to hold a farewell dance. Lil couldn't go due to having to do something with her mom because her mom had her for the weekend. Erika and I decided to go anyway, knowing it wouldn't be that same without Lil. We had a good time until they played a slow song for couples. So we took a seat at our table that we had all our stuff at. Not long after we sat down, Cory and Tommy were walking over to us. We were ready to give them an ass-kicking. But they had changed and weren't immature ass wholes anymore. They asked us to dance. We said no at first. Cory got on both knees, out his hands together and said "please... please Lynn please" I just rolled my eyes and told him yes. Erika looked at me "WHAT! you can't leave me here" "come on...he was on his knees begging" Erika turned to Tommy "not you too!" "Erika please dance with me" "fine...besides I don't wanna sit here by myself anyway"

We had fun even though we missed Lil a ton. After the dance Cory offered to take me home. On the way to my house he asked me to be his girlfriend and I kinda was starting to like him so I said yes.