Status: Hiatus

Soubrette

Chapter Two

After maybe a half hour of crying, I felt a shudder ripple through me.

That man had easily taken me, despite my small resistance, and I think that really scared me. He had done that with such an ease, that he had to have done it before.

Numerous times.

After that kick to the back, I couldn't really feel my legs, and that worried me. If I wanted to escape, I needed something to run away on. And I heard that the success rate of cripples escaping their kidnappers wasn't very high.

Plus, I was freezing.

My pea coat usually keeps me warm -- too warm, sometimes, but as it was soaking wet it was useless, only keeping the cold in. I was too afraid to take it off though, for some reason.

So there I was laying, in the bed of a truck, kidnapped and frozen to the bone, when the truck stopped. And not the ordinary "It's a red light" stop, either. I mean, full-on stopped. Brakes suddenly squealed as I rolled toward the end, almost falling when the man opened the tailgate.

"Get out," he growled, and over his shoulder I could see a Holiday Inn.

"I can't," I said, my voice croaking like a toad.

"Why not?!"

"I can't feel my legs." He glared at me, but seemed to believe me. Wordlessly, he picked me up like a baby, cradling me over his shoulder. He marched into the hotel we had pulled into and dumped me into a seat in the lobby. "Don't move," he growled, leaving me there to check in at the desk. Like I could have moved, even if I wanted to. I hoped that my back wasn't seriously injured or anything.

My lip had started to tremble with cold and fear when he came back to fetch me, this time just sort-of dragging me, with one of my arms across his shoulders and his around my waist; a movement that made my stomach churn. We got into the elevator and pushed the button for the third floor.

***

"Stop shivering."

"I can't."

"Why not?!"

"Because I'm cold and scared, asshole!" I screamed. He slapped me as soon as the retort came out of my mouth.

"Don't talk to me like that," He growled. "Ever. Again." He took a gloved finger -- his hands had been masked by black gloves the whole time -- and traced my cheekbone with it. "It would be a shame if something were to happen to you." Like it could get any worse. "Get in the bathroom, now." Shit.

"What?" I asked, bewildered.

"This is your only bathroom break. Go now." I ran into the bathroom and quickly locked the door behind me. Once inside my breathing started to speed up as adrenaline pumped through my veins. I had to escape. But of course, being in a hotel and on the third floor, there was not a window. A sigh of defeat escaped my lips as a tear slipped out.

Might as well do what I have to do. I unzipped my pants and got on with life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the loooong wait, but I had no idea what to write after the first chapter. Now that I know what I'm going to do, updates will hopefully come quicker and easier. Of course, comments always speed up the process.