Miserable at Best

Angel, You Sing About Beautiful Things.

"Brook", Alex called, as he shook her sleeping figure, "Brook, wake up."

It had to be like four o'clock in the morning, hell, it wasn't even light outside. I knew Alex was leaving for tour, but he really didn't need to wake up at ass crack in the morning to let let me know he was leaving. A note would've done the trick, but no, there he went shaking my aching body again.

"Brook, get up. The van's going to be here in like twenty minutes. You need to get ready."

Wait, did I just hear wrong. I must've been hallucinating, because I could've sworn that Alex just said that I needed to get ready. Was there something that he forgot to tell me yesterday?
I turned over onto my side, wiping at the sleep in my eyes, and blinked a couple of times, before asking, "What'd you just say?"

"You heard me right. Get up and get ready." he said throwing a granola bar at me, as he turned to leave the room.

"Wait! Alex, I'm going with you?" I asked as I threw the warm blankets off of my body, jumping out of the bed, practically running after Alex.

"Yeah, I told you that yesterday." he said in 'duh' tone.

"Uh..no, you didn't." I replied, recalling all of what our conversation had held yesterday.

"Yeah, I did. I said to be prepared." he said in a annoyed tone, as he crossed his arms over his chest, "Now if we're done clearing that up, you should probably get dressed and pretty, if you want. The guys should be here in, " he took a glance at his cellphone, "ten minutes." And with that, he left the room shutting it behind him.

"Fuck my life." she said looking up to the sky. Quickly she ran over to closet pulled out a white jersey tee, and a pair of black skinny jeans, and began to strip off her clothes, when the door creaked open, "Oh one more thing,"

"You could knock Alex!" I said as I scrambled to cover up my black bra and panties with the pajama shirt I had just shed.

"Where would the fun in that be?" he asked as he stood between the door and the frame with a smirk on his face.

"Get out Alex." I warned keeping the shirt to my body.

"Fine, just one more thing, I packed your bags last night, so don't fret over packing." he said as he moved trying to sneak a peak at my chest.

"Goodbye Alex." I said sternly.

"You know, you look really good...without your clothes on."

"OUT ALEX!" I said as I threw a hanger at the door, as he quickly darted out of the room, letting the hanger hit the door. From outside of the room, I could hear him say, "Ooh I like them fiesty."

What a creep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well someone looks like a bundle of sunshine." Jack commented as I made the slow walk down the stairs.

I had decided that I wasn't going to get all dolled up to spend who knows how many hours in a van, with four boys, one with whom I'm already married to. What would be that point of that? I had put my hair up into a messy bun, deciding that my naturally straight hair wasn't going to cut it. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, Alex was there waiting, wearing a bright blue jacket, smiling his ass off.

"I kinda forgot to specifically tell her that she was coming with me." Alex remarked as he came over, slinging his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his body. Intentionally, I wasn't receptive of his affection, instead I pushed away from Alex's arm and walked into the kitchen. Leaving the four boys to talk amongst themselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's her problem?" Zack asked me.

I told them truth, okay well, the partial truth. I hadn't specifically told her she was coming with. But I couldn't tell them the part about seeing her..less clothed than she normally was. They expected I'd already seen that, so I told them the first thing that came up in my thinking cap, "She's kinda tired. If you know what I mean."

"Okay, keep it to yourself." Rian added with a look of disgust on his face.

"It's not like it was all me. She's a freaking animal!" I stated just as Brook came back into the room, with a vitamin water in hand. Silence became sudden in the room, no one daring to talk to the "tired sex animal" in fear of getting their heads bitten off.

"What?" she asked with a confused look on her face.

We all exchanged looks, and ironically at the same time said, "Nothing, nothing." Rian, Jack, and Zack grabbed some of the bags, and headed out to the van leaving Alex and Brook alone.

"Come on babe, let's get outta here." I said trying to grab Brook's hand. But instead, she moved her hand out of my grip and continued out the door, without me.

"Fuck my life."