Miserable at Best

Love Can Set Me Free.

"Here let me get that", Alex told me as he took the cardboard box full of jackets out of my hands and into the back of the van.

"Thanks," I replied appreciating his sudden kindness. Truth be told, if Alex hadn't taken the box from me I most likely would've dropped the dang thing, crawled into the huge box and fell asleep in it. In the few short hours I had been working the chatter that was once annoyance was now very soothing. Almost like a lullaby of everyone's coversations slowly lulling me to sleep, falling right into Alex's embrace.

I could faintly hear Alex say, "No way is she going to last."

"Brook, wake up." I shifted on the van bench, ignoring Alex's call. "Brook, come on. We're at the hotel." By no means was I excited to be at the hotel. That would mean pretending again, which I was actually becoming quite annoyed of. I don't know what exactly what would cut it for this act, what would his friends expect since we were staying in a hotel? Would we have to fake it? Or would they just expect it, and not question it. But from what I've grown to know of his friends and bandmates, they're all a bunch of nosy assholes. Okay scratch out assholes, that only pertains to Alex.

I heard his annoyed sigh as he climbed back into the van, and shook me a couple times, "I know you're awake."

"And how would you know that?" I asked as I tried getting comfortable again, still keeping my eyes shut.

"Because your eyes keep rolling behind your eyelids. It's kinda creepy actually. Stop doing it." he told me as he sat down on top of my legs.

I now sighed my annoying sigh and spoke up, "If I get up will you promise to keep your fatass away from my legs? I need those alright!"

He laughed, "Seems fair, but..."

"I knew there was a but," I said pulling over the hood of my head.

"But you need to act like you're really into me right now. Or else...everyone will suspect something."

"I wondered about that..just to let you know," I started as I wiggled my legs underneath him, "we're not having sex."

He got up from sitting on top of my legs, and leaped out of the van extending his hand out to me, and asked, "And what makes you think I wanna have sex with you?"

"Really Alex? Don't even try and play that card." I said grabbing hold of his hand and stepping out of the van, landing oddly close to Alex, I swear I could feel his heart racing. The cold air made clouds form out of our breaths, my nose becoming awfully cold, as we stared at one another anticipating god knows what. And in one quick moment, my back was to the side of the van, his hands running down the side of body. And suprising myself my hand found their way to Alex's belt buckle pulling at it.

What has this boy done to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been awhile I know.
sorry! comments.