Miserable at Best

You Got the Whole World in the Palm of Your Hand.

It's been a couple days, and things haven't changed, at all. Alex and I keep up the part, Alex more into it than I of course. And well, Alex has taken advantage of our little deal we hatched back at home. For the past couple of nights Alex and I have been fighting, constantly, which is my excuse to stay with Jack and Rian, leaving Alex the room for his "friends". Of course, I pretend to be so naive not to even think that Alex could possibly be cheating on me. Turns out I'm a better actress than I thought. Rian and Jack have been trying to distract me from paying attention to Alex and his "friends" he brings back to the hotel. Little do they know, I know all of what Alex is doing. And as long as I'm not the girl putting out for him, I'm cool with it.

Jack and Zack have been watching tv for the past couple of hours as I dozed in and out of sleep. Rian was off on his cellphone, and we all knew Alex was a couple doors down entertaining. I, personally, was quite bored of staying pent up in a hotel room. Rolling off the bed, walking to my suitcase I grabbed my swimsuit and went into the bathroom to change. Walking out wrapping a towel around my body, Jack took a parent role on me, telling me, "YOU'RE NOT GOING OUT DRESSED LIKE THAT!"

I laughed, you would've too. Picture this, Jack Barakat wearing my old Spice Girls shirt, in his band's own blue booty shorts, hands on his hips, telling me that I'm not going out dressed like that. I really needed to buy this kid a longview mirror. "Jack, how else are you supposed to dress to go to the jacuzzi?"

"Oh..Well I guess you can go out like that," he told me as he scratched his head and looked back at Zack who was in a fit of laughter.

"So I can leave then daddy?" I asked mocking the role Jack seemed to have deemed himself. Which only sent Zack into a bigger fit of laughter that he actually fell off the bed.

"Be back by eleven! Don't make me break out my shotgun, you hear me?"

"Yes daddy, eleven!" I said quickly as I ducked out of the hotel room and down the elevator.

Walking into the indoor area containing a rather large sized pool, and average jacuzzi I felt a sense of serenity surround me. I was alone as I walked from the door to the sun chair that I deposited my towel onto, unwrapping it from around my small waist. I had long decided in the elevator that I was just going to be relax in the warm soothing water of the jacuzzi. But the longer I stood by the chair, the more tempting the pool was starting to look. It'd been weeks since I last did laps in a pool, and who knew how long it would be again until we stayed in a hotel that came with a pool. Overthrowing my decision I walked towards the edge of the pool, dipping my foot in the water, expecting ice cold water. I was pleasantly suprised to find that it was warm, heated pool, I had hit the jackpot. As I bent down to sit on the tile I was hit from behind, crashing into the water. Pushing myself to the surface I gasped for air, wading in the water, I saw someone swimming towards me.

"DEREK!" I screamed as he pushed himself out of the water, filling his lungs with air.

"Hey Brook." he said calmly as he waded in the water in front of me.

"You scared me!" I said splashing water at him, hitting him square in the face.

"Oh Brook, you really shouldn't have done that." he said wading closer towards you, the look on his face clearly was menacing.

I started pushing my self backwards into shallower water, until my backside hit the wall. I laughed because of the horrible cliche that it was becoming, I mean really, how often does this happen to other people?

"Oh really? Are you going to punish me mister Sanders?" I asked poking him in the chest.

The look on his face had lost all playfulness, it was stoic, so serious. His eyed bore into mine, I wondered, what did he see when he looked in them? Could he see everything I was hiding? Could he see I was living a lie? I wanted to know what he saw, I wanted to know.

The awkwardness of it all was nothing of what kissing Alex was. Derek, he was different. He didn't move so quick, his hands, they held just my face, rubbing circles with his thumbs on the side of my face. They didn't move to explore my body, not like Alex's wandering hands. He took breaks, to breathe, and to subtly kiss just the edge of my lips. Even though all that Derek was doing was winning me over, I needed him to kiss me like Alex had. I didn't want to be treated like a porcelain doll that would break if kissed with too much force. I wanted to know that someone out there wanted me in the way same that I wanted him. As we continued, I grabbed a hold of one of Derek's hands and gently pulled it away from my face and put it just below where the bottom of my bathing suit top ended, resting my hand on his before moving it to his face, pulling him even more towards me. That's all that had to happen, within seconds it was like it was Alex whose lips were fused to mine. But with Derek, it felt real, I didn't need to fake anything.

"Brah you're so going down!"

I could hear voices, but could only hope that they weren't heading this way.

"Hey, I wonder if Brook's still down here?"

It sounded like Rian, Jack and probably a bunch of guys from the other bands.

"Derek," I said breaking away from him, but he wasn't planning on stopping. "Derek", I repeated breathing heavily as his lips left kisses down the side of my throat as his hands played with the strings keeping the bottom of my bathing suit together. I couldn't help myself as a low moan escaped my throat as he continued to attack my neck. At this rate we could be buck naked in the hotel pool in five minutes or less. I'm going with the last option. "Derek?"

"Hmm?" he asked his mouth never leaving that one spot. He was determined to give me a hickey!

"Someone's coming."

For the first time in awhile, he looked up, stood still, and listened, "Let them."

"No Derek. I'm married remember? I can't- we can't be caught."

"I don't know why you care Brook. It's not like you love him."

Those words were nothing but the truth, but I couldn't let him know that.

"I've gotta go." I said pulling myself out of the water and onto the tile, grabbing my towel wrapping it around me as I rushed past the 10 guys who were headed towards the pool. Jack saying to my as I passed him, "Brook it's not eleevn yet! You don't need to the room, come play with us." I ignored one of the friends I had made on this tour and ran to the elevator, pushing the button repeatedly. Within five minutes I was back into the hotel room, my safe haven. For tonight anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever.
But I'm back:)