Miserable at Best

We've Run Out of Words, We've Run Out of Time.

Image

Derek made the cold walk back with me, shedding his jacket and placing it around my shoulders. We didn't talk much on the way back, but I still knew that a lot had still gone unsaid. As the blocks became strides to the venue Derek advised that I go back inside the venue. That'd he would be outside talking to the fans for awhile. I nodded an okay and walked into the mob of girls blocking the entrance of the venue. The mob dissapated as Derek was then swarmed with girls wanting pictures and autographs. I turned and took once glance at him, smiling and carrying on, I knew I could never handle being famous. Walking back into the venue Dave from Every Avenue hopped off the stage and came walking briskly towards you. Within seconds he was standing right in front of you, "Brook, Alex has been looking everywhere for you! Where have you been?!"

Dave and I hadn't interacted that much so I wasn't necessarily comfortable with him yet, "I..I went out for some air."

"Dear god woman. Next time you run off let someone know where you're headed will ya? Alex was flipping the fuck out."

I smiled meekly and promised him I would before walking away and heading backstage. Walking down the hallway I could already hear the comotion coming from the dressing room, not wanting to deal with questions that I knew would be thrown at me I passed the open door quickly hoping that no one will have seen me. I wandered down the hallway not really knowing where to go when someone called out to me from behind, at the sound of his voice I already knew who it was. I kept my back turned towards him, and turned my head just enough to make sure it was who I thought. I was correct, as I saw Alex charging at me. If he thought that I was giong to allow him to yell at me for running off on him he had another thing coming. I started walking, wait it was more like power walking. I began to "power walk" away from Alex when I could hear his foot steps become quicker, he was going to chase me down. Power walking was going to be my downfall if I didn't pick up the pace, so I ditched the whole power walking and mimicked Alex and started to run down the hallway, if only I had known it led to a dead end. I stopped, left staring at the wall, there had to be somewhere else to run, looking to my left I saw a door as Alex was just a few feet from me. As I reached out for the handle, he reached out for me, pulling me away from the door, and into the dead end wall, "Will you just wait!"

"Why?" I asked simply as I tried to pry his hands off of me.

"Why?" he asked as he let go of me, and backed up a few steps.

"Yeah, why! Why should I wait for you? What are you finally gonna apologize? Or did you think it was just okay to do that?" I yelled at him.

"Wait. Apologize? What? Hold on a second. What did I do? You're the one who ran off for no apparent reason!" he yelled back.

I groaned in frustration, and ran my hand roughly through my hair, and began shaking my head, "Just forget it."

"No. Tell me. I want to know what I did that was so horrible that would make you flip your lid and go off on me! I haven't even fucking touched you Brook and you go all psycho on me! So please enlighten me as to what the fuck your problem is!"

That was it, enough to confirm my theory. Alexander William Gaskarth didn't remember jackshit.

"You know what you did. And when you start to remember things maybe you'll wish you hadn't been such a complete and utter dick!" I said before slapping him across the face, mascara streaming running down my face. I went to walk around him, when he grabbed my wrist harshly and pushed me back into the wall, whispering, "Please, tell me what I did wrong. Let me fix this."

Just then Alex was pulled away from me, letting my body fall to the ground, sobbing as arms wrapped around me lifting me from the ground. I barely saw what appeared to be Jake, Rian and Zack as the kept Alex down the hallway and away from me, as I wrapped my arms around this mystery person's neck and let them carry me back into the dressing room. Faintly aware of what was going on someone instructed Dave to put me down on the couch. I would have to remember to thank him after this. His body heat soon replaced by someone else, "Brook?"

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Derek, his eyes full of worry, "Derek."

"It's fine. Everything's fine, just sit back and try and calm down." he instructed as he handed me a box of tissues.

"Derek?" I asked as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah?" he asked as he pulled me into his arms, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"Please, don't leave." I told him as my eyes open and shut, trying to stay awake.

"I wouldn't think of it." he replied as he kissed the top of my head as my tired eyes shut.

__________________________________________________________

"Brah calm down!" Rian told me as I tried once more to follow where they were taking Brook.

"No! Let me go!" I told Rian, Jake and Zack as they formed a wall blocking me from leaving the dead end hallway.

"Alex. You gotta stay away from her awhile. Just let her cool down. You were both pretty heated about whatever the hell you guys were talking about. We couldn't just sit back and let you use her as a punching bag." Jake explained to me.

I stopped trying to break through them, telling them, "I wasn't going to hit her."

The three exchanged looks between eachother, Zack speaking for the other two, "It sure looked like you were brah."

I looked from Zack, to Rian, and finally to Jake, "Did I really?"

"Alex, I've never seen you like that before. It was kinda scarey." Rian admitted.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, "Oh god. What have I done?"

"Alex, don't kill yourself over it. The fact is that you didn't hit her. You both just have a temper that mixed together isn't good." Jake said trying to comfort Alex.

"She must hate me." I said to no one in particularly as I tried to see into the dressing room that Dave had just taken her in. The other group of guys stood outside the dressing room, as Dave walked out, someone detached themself from the group and walked towards the door of the dressing room, it was Derek. He looked down towards the end of the hallway, gave me a look, that I swear was a smirk and walked into the room. Without even realizing it I screamed out, "No!" and tried breaking through them once more, as I heard the door slam shut.

I was going to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally didn't like this part.
But I hope it was good enough for you guys:)
Keep the comments coming yo!