Miserable at Best

I Hate My Eyes For Loving You.

The next morning I woke up tired and completely stiff. My neck and lower back was killing me, I guess the blanket wasn't enough cushion for me to sleep on. The pillow had somehow found it's way across the room during the night, it didn't matter, it wasn't doing any good for me anyways.

Laying on the floor, I stared at the ceiling of the bedroom, the reflection of the sun was shining on all four walls. I sat up on the floor, and pushed myself from the ground and made my way to the window, pulling back the white drapes, the sun grazed my face. It was warm, and welcoming, everything that had lacked from my arrival.

Seeing the sun, had put a skip to my walk. It had turned my sulky attitude to one of giddy five year old. I exited Alex's room, leaving him asleep in bed, and walked down the stairs. Peeping outside I could see that the guys and their girlfriends had all stayed the night. Knowing that they would all wake up hungry I headed into the kitchen on a mission to make breakfast for an army.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stumbled out of bed, throwing the blankets from my body and made my way towards the door. But fell short as I fell to the ground, my feet getting tangled up in what looked like a blanket. I didn't give it a second thought as I fought with the blanket to release my feet. Winning the battle against the blanket I made my way out of the room headed down the stairs to the kitchen to find my savior the morning after drinking, aspirin and water. I ran my hand down my face as I entered the kitchen to smell the comforting smell of food. I looked forward and saw Brook, standing over the stove, cooking. I can't remember the last time I had a home cooked meal.

"Wow, you're fucking amazing."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was startled to hear Alex behind me, I almost dropped the plate of pancakes that were in my hand.

"Woah, careful there." he said before taking the plate from me and setting them down on the counter.

I didn't say anything, but returned to the stove to finish cooking the eggs.

"So...do you need uh, any help?"

"Take a seat Al," I said as I set down the spatula and walked over to the cupboard, searching through the medicine bottles. I know Alex had never done any cooking in his entire life, him and fire were never a good combination. He did as he was told, as I returned to him with glass of water, and the bottle of aspirin.

"Thanks." he told me as he twisted off the lid of the bottle, shaking out two tablets.

"Mhm."

"So, Brook. Last night..did um..I-we do anything?" he sked uneasily.

I shook my head, "No, nothing happened."

He looked relived, but that soon vanished his face as he asked, "Did I try anything?"

I looked up at him, dead in the eye, before replying, "No, you didn't."

Alex didn't need to know, besides nothing had happened. Nothing had happened because she was sober unlike her husband, she wasn't going to let anything happen. Not any time soon anyways.

Alex swallowed the pills and stood from his stool and walked into the kitchen. He walked over to me, as I poured some more pancake batter in the pan, dipped his finger in it and put it on both sides of my cheek. My face had become a canvas to a twenty year old with pancake batter on his fingers, "You look so pretty right now."

I didn't understand, no one was awake yet, why was he acting like this?

He moved his face closer to mine, and licked the side of my face, cleaning some batter off of my face. It tickled my face, as I tried to move away from him. But he only hugged me tight trying to reach my face again, it would only be a certain amount of time before I couldn't keep him away. The time was shorter than I expected, his mouth, soon found it's way to my face, kissing the spots where I had pancake batter. Soon enough there was no more pancake batter, or so I thought.

"Too bad, no more pancake batter." I squealed as I tried to get out of his arms.

"You're wrong about that." he said smiling devilish at me.

I quirked my eyebrow at him, not understanding.

"You have some right here." he said as he kissed me full on, it seemed like forever that we were kissing in the kitchen when we heard, "Jack! Why can't you be like Alex?!"

It was Danielle and Jack standing in the living room. Now I understood, Alex had heard them coming down the stairs. I was just fool. But then again that was the best thing a girl could be, a beautiful little fool.