Miserable at Best

Tell Me I Can Stay Tonight.

"Hey Al- ..oh wow. Um..."
I honestly didn't know what to say. I know we agreed that it was okay for the other to see people, but it would've been nice if Alex would've warned me he had a bleach blonde visitor in his room. They both scrambled for their clothes, her more hurried than he. I could've sworn I heard her say, "I thought you said she wasn't home!" Not wanting to act my part I closed the door, leaving it slightly cracked, "I uhh will be downstairs."

Never in my life would I have thought that I would catch my husband in the act, and not feel one ounce of anger, sadness or confusion. Okay, I felt a little upset, only because Alex hadn't told me he was bringing a "friend" home with him. If he would've told me I would have made sure to be out of the house. The last thing I wanted to do was be home when they were doing the nasty in what was supposed to be our bed.

Hurriedly I skipped down the stairs into the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a monster energy drink. Popping the can open I made my way into the living room, flopping down on the couch, turning on the tv. Nothing good ever seemed to be on the television, well more like nothing that caught my interest. So I settled for MTV, the music in America wasn't too bad I had to admitt.

Seconds later I heard the front door slam, followed by the sound of someone dragging their feet across the marble floor. My head turned to the left to see Alex walking into the room, wearing a white v neck, and navy blue basketball shorts, slippers and his hair was..well let's just say it, sex hair. It wasn't in any particular fashion, more so of just all over the place.

"Thanks Brook", was what he said to me as he made his over to the couch.

"How is this my fault?" I snapped as he took a seat next to me, I moved away from Alex. I had no desire to get any type or form of sexual disease.

"Don't even start with me right now."

What the hell? Alex had no right to blame this on me. It's not my fault I don't have mind reading powers so I would have known that he had a visitor, no way was this going to get pinned on me. "I'm not dealing with this."

"Bitch."

I know Alex and I may not be as close as we used to be, but the way he was acting was so beyond uncalled for, "Just because you're sexually frustrated right now does not mean you can be a big dick to me, alright? This is not my fault, and I won't stand for you to treat me like shit because the party in your pants got cancelled." I stood up from the couch throwing the remote at Alex, hitting him square in the stomach, and walked out of the room and ran up the stairs. I found safety in my room, as I locked the door, I didn't want to speak or talk to Alex for atleast a week.

But within the hour he was knocking on my door, "Brook, open up please."

He wasn't deserving of my acknowledgement.

"I know...I'm sorry. I just..ugh..I don't know. I'm just sorry."

I stood up from the edge of my bed, walking quietly over to the door, I stood there listening to Alex.

"Brook?" He reached and tried the handle, as I watched it jiggle a little, he sighed frustratedly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you, blame you, or call you that. I was just irritated."

I stood closer to the door now, as my hand reached for the handle, debating on whether I should open it or not.

"Okay I won't bother you anymore, but..I forgot to mention to you earlier. But I leave for tour tomorrow, and yeah, I just thought you should be prepared."

Seconds later I realized I should accept his apology face to face, I wretched open the door. But he was gone, and I heard the front door slam once again. Walking over to my window I saw Alex in his car, phone pressed to his ear, as he backed out of the driveway and down the street.

I bet he was off to go find another "friend".