Finding Love in a Surprise Marriage

Chapter 5

Tears began streaming down my face and they didn’t want to stop. How can Tara not see that all this was hard for me? I mean clearly she can but I’m not trying to push her away. I’ve known Tara since we were ten years old and we are going on twenty eight years in a few months. Tara and I have been through a lot together – getting arrested, graduation, family losses, drunken nights, fights, you name it and we have probably faced it. Hell she stuck with me the last two years which I’m thankful for but why does she have to keep pushing Matt on me? I don’t need another man in my life.

More tears and a choked sob came from my throat as I thought about Chase. Through my blurred vision I can see his smiling face in the picture frame on the desk with his arms wrapped tightly around me and my <b>stomach</b> along with James who held up a sign with the widest and cutest cheesy grin I’ve seen on a little kids face. Next to him was Tara who also had a huge smile on her face and a camera in her hand as she held it far out to take the picture. This was one of my happiest memories ive had within the last two years however it’s not the ones that keep reoccurring in my mind over and over again nor the one that plagues my sleep at night.

My eyes drop from the picture frame onto the cool metal of the desk as horrific details of the accident come into mind.

<i>** Flashback**

It was 9:30 pm on a Friday night as we drove along the highway to get to the store. James was in the backseat trying to stay awake even though it was past his bed time but he had wanted icecream the moment it had slipped out of my mouth that I was craving it. Chase like the good guy he was driving us all to the store to get some. Half way to the store it started to rain .

“Chase im sorry I made us come out here” I murmured

“ Babe don’t worry about it!My babies are hungry and what they want they get. And James back there has been good so he deserves some too. Besides it’s just a little rain” Chase replied as he flashed me a sideways grin while keeping a close eye on the road. I still felt bad for craving ice cream later at night but didn’t argue. We had made it to the store with Chase running in getting all the ingredients for a banana split sundae.

“Don’t forget the gummi bears ohhh or the peach rings!” I yell out the window as hes running in the rain laughing to my self. I turn around and notice that James is sound asleep in the back and decide to let him sleep until we get home and if he still wants icecream he can have it.

Ten minutes later and Chase was back out of the store and handing me the bag and inside I even found more toppings and pickles.

“you know me so well by now with these cravings” I comment

“ That’s because I pay very close attention to everything you do and want.” He says and leans over giving me a quick peck on the lips. Chase starts the car and drives away and it started to downpour where it was very hard to see.

As soon as he said that headlights came out of nowhere and slammed into the drivers side door. Chases arm flew out infront of me and Screams were heard from the car as it flipped several times.

** End Flashback*</i>
♠ ♠ ♠
So i know its been very long since ive updated..... this story is kinda goin no whers fast lol
ive just been reading storeis with the amont of college work i have and 2 jobs :/
if you wanna help co write with me shoot me a message :P
also i know this is short but it gives you an insight on what happened and why she doesnt like Matt