Can I Kill My Love?

3 Years Later

3 years later

It's been 3 years since I've seen Mike. I think about him every day. I wonder if he's alive, if he got away in time. I just wish that I could see him and make sure he's alright. Right now I'm in my cell reading a book about vampires. I got into them at a young age and when the book cart pulled up I found it and had to read it. I heard foot steps and looked up to see a guard coming to towords my cell.
"Armstrong?"
"What's up?" I asked, putting my book down.
"You have a visiter," the guard said, opening my cell.
That suprised me. I haven't had a visiter ever since I got here.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"Dunno. Come on." He grabbed me by the wrist and cuffed my wrists together as well as my ankels.
We walked down to the small room where private visites were held. We walked in and he uncuffed me. I sat down in the chair and waited for my visiter to come. I looked down at my hands and just waited. I think I waited about five minutes before I heard the door open. I looked up and and stood up so fast that I knoked my chair over.
"M-Mike?"
He looked up at me and gave me a small smile.
"Hey, Billie," he whispered.
I took a step forward to hug him, but then remembered that he didn't want me to touch him and stepped back.
"It's okay, Billie. You can touch me," he said.
I rushed at him and engulfed him in the biggest hug I've ever given. And what really made me happy was that he hugged me back just as hard.
A tear slid down my cheek as we hugged. "I'm so glad you're alive. I was so worried that they got to you."
Mike pulled back and whipped away the tear. "No, Billie. They didn't get me. I think you should sit down. I have a lot to tell you."
I nodded and sat down again. He sat down opposite me.
"Billie, when I told you that I never wanted to see you again, I was just so mad that I was targeted. Billie I love you so much," Mike stoped and sighed. "Billie, I know why Kevin wanted you to kill me."
My eyes widened. how did he know the name of my boss.
"Yes, Billie, I know the name of your boss. I know his name because I used to work for him. i used to be an assassin too. I was the best of the best. I got things done and I got things done quick. But one day, I just couldn't do it anymore. I hated the job to begin with, but I couldn't get out of it then. I left without him knowing and ever since then he's tried to find me. He finally did and sent the best after me," he explained. He looked up at me and smilled.
I looked at him like he was crazy.
"What? You have to be good at something," he smirked.
"Hey! I resent that," I said with a smile.
He just laughed. "Sorry."
"But, Mike, why did you freak out at me when I told you? I told you I couldn't kill you because i love you," I said.
He nodded. "I know. I freaked out because I was scared. I didn't know what was going to happen. I had been hiding for four years and he found me and sent the man I love after me. It just scared me. I'm sorry baby."
"But why did you come back now? After three years?" I asked.
"I had a lot to think about over those three years. And I finally came to a conclusion. Billie, I talked to the judge that handled your case and made a bargin," Mike said.
"Which was?" I asked.
"If we get Kevin and bring him in, dead or alive, he'll drop the resy of the sentence and let you go free."
I sat back in my chair. I had to kill my boss to be set free? Well not really kill him. I looked up at Mike. "Are you seriouse?"
He grinned. "For cearel."
I laughed. He always used to do that.
I nodded. "I'll do it."
He smilled. "Billie, I'm sorry for what I did."
I shook my head. "No. I understand, Mike. But I have one question."
"What?"
"Did you ever stop loving me?"
He grabbed me by my shirt collar and yanked me over the table. I landed on his lap and he pressed his lips to mine in a hard, passionate kiss. I closed my eyes and kissed back. He slid his tongue over my bottom lip amd I opened up for him. He sliped his tongue in and carrased mine. I moaned into the kiss and slid my tongue against his. He pulled away after a while.
"Does that answer your question?" he asked with a sly smile.
I grinned at him. I nuzzeled my face into his neck. "I love you, Mike."
He kissed my forhead. "I love you too, Billie."